• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2 questions on the state of Caminho Interior in 2021... (planning for Sep)

khizr

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi all,

I am planning to bike the Camino Interior in September (2021). I've been reading some articles mentioning that it can be quite overgrown. Some articles even mentioned the path can disappear it is so overgrown. Given the pandemic and lower number of walkers for the last 18 months, I was thinking it might be incredibly overgrown...

Two questions...
1. Can anyone comment on who has done it in the last few years?
2. Did anyone wild camp while doing this route?

It sounds like an adventure either way but I was curious if anyone could add any context.
Thanks, Ben

P.S. I should note, I realize there will be parts I walk the bike of course too.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, I'm walking the Interior now. I started in Viseu, the first couple of days I lost track a couple of times e.g. as a tree saying turn left had been cut down.

On the way to Bigorne the path was overgrown and disappeared into bushes. It was very inconvenient, as it was literally in the middle of nowhere and I had to go back.

Since Lamego I have had no problems, as the Camino is well marked and maintained.

The Camino is not very busy and I've only met one other pilgrim for the first 200 km.

Bom caminho!
Mia

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back