• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

200,000 compostelas already

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

The number of pilgrims who performed the Camino de Santiago in 2013 over 200,000 The number of pilgrims who collected the compostela after making the Camino de Santiago in 2013 so far over 200,000 until Sunday, a total of more than 22,598 walkers in the same period of 2012. The number of pilgrims who collected the compostela after making the Camino de Santiago in 2013 so far over 200,000 until Sunday, a total of more than 22,598 walkers in the same period of 2012. Specifically, the pilgrim number 200,000 is a Canadian citizen who came to the Galician capital on Sunday after making the French Way from the French town of Saint Jean de Pied de Port accompanied by his partner.

On Monday, the Director of Tourism in Galicia, Nava Castro, delivered to this pilgrim, Stephen Wood, a Bono Iacobus as a gift for having collected the 200,000th compostela this 2013. This bonus allows you to enjoy the cuisine of the cottages located on Routes Galician Jacobeas. The Xunta explained that so far this year, 2,803 pilgrims arrived in Santiago Canadians, representing 15.4 percent more Canadian people in the same period last year. Canada is the eighth country that brought pilgrims this year after Germany, Italy, Portugal, USA, France, Ireland and Britain. Also, along the French Way 2013 toured a total of 139 925 people, which accounts for 69.92 percent of the total number of pilgrims who collected the document proving the pilgrimage to Santiago in this period.

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/1946340/0/

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Go Canada Go!!

Hi congratulations to Stephen W..! - I agree the newspaper article says he had arrived with his spouse/partner, leaving from St Jean

BUT the other comments (as translated?) are not completely clear to me - I guess that what you mean to say is -

1) the number of pilgrims who have collected the Compostela so far this year (as at Sunday 13 October 2013) was more than 200,000, with Stephen being number 200,000 !
2) this was 22,598 more than the total for the same period last year
3) to the same date, there have been 2,803 Canadian pilgrims, a 15.4% increase over the same period last year
4) so far in 2013, of those who have collected the Compostela, 139,925 pilgrims had come by the Camino frances - this number was 69.92% of all those who have collected the Compostela so far

BTW - apparently the number of pilgrims from New Zealand, for the year ended November 2012 was 296, an increase from the 161 over the same period the previous year...!! - about 83% increase...GO NZ GO...!

Buen camino a todos
StephenT in NZ

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you Falcon and StephenT. Meanwhile, in Santiago de Compostela, in the vast complex beneath the Pilgrim Office, serried ranks of officials are poring over banks of computer screens as they prepare to publish the statistics to the end of October 2013....... although the Pilrims Blog is doing strange things this morning......this is what I got on redirection.. with many beautiful vegetables...... yours, perplexed..
南高梅や青汁で健康生活
毎日食べたい南高梅・青汁の健康効果

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Your welcome Steven, thanks for your prompt and considerate actions. I hope you didn't mind me commenting here rather than send you a PM but I wanted people to be immediately aware in case it is a virus and obviously had no idea when you would get my PM. Also I am also conscious that virus checkers may well be giving false alerts.

Your welcome Steven, thanks for your prompt and considerate actions. I hope you didn't mind me commenting here rather than send you a PM but I wanted people to be immediately aware in case it is a virus and obviously had no idea when you would get my PM. Also I am also conscious that virus checkers may well be giving false alerts.
No Al, THANK YOU all, I must admit that I just found it amusing but then I'm easily amused !

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back