• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

200 Alicante pilgrims

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

ALICANTE / TRADITION
Over 200 Alicante Santiago pilgrimage each year
ABC @ ABC_ALICANTE / ALICANTE
Day 13/1/2013 - 2:54 p.m.
The route of the South from the province is 1,100 km and can be done in 40 days on foot

Two hundred Alicante pilgrimage each year to Santiago de Compostela Camino called Southeast, extending from the city of Alicante Villena through the Galician capital reaching about 1,100 kilometers further.

The president of the Association of Friends of the Camino de Santiago de Alicante, Federico Ramirez has told Efe that the 200 pilgrims who started the tour in the province last year, they did some 160 bike (about 20 days of travel) and 40 feet (45) .

The association in Alicante was created two decades ago and during this period has distributed some 45,000 credentials, the document to be sealed at least once a day during the Camino in Santiago for the desired "Compostela".

The vast majority of these were pilgrims roamed the credential in Alicante, however, and el Camino Frances, which starts Roncesvalles (Navarro) or Somport (Huesca) and running through the Castilian plateau reaching Galicia.

According to Ramirez, recently distributed 4,000 to 5,000 annual credentials, a figure that doubles if Jacobean years , and interest in performing the pilgrimage Southeast (driven by the association since 1995) is increasing.

This route follows the route published in 1545 in a book by royal mail Villuga Pedro Ruiz, and is set to be less traveled and to fulfill the motto of the Way "begins at the door of the house", and the disadvantage of few shelters have prepared for the rest of the walker.

The route leaves the Southeast province in Villena and passes through the provinces of Albacete, Cuenca, Toledo, Madrid, Ávila, Valladolid and Zamora before, at the height of Benavente, join the Via de la Plata to join the French to height Astorga (León) or going for Puebla de Sanabria to Orense Way to follow the call Sanabrés, little frequented.

"The Southeast is young but is very much alive and when in a few years will have more infrastructure to walk with all the amenities", said Ramirez.

Because this little traffic, pilgrims Southeast has some work 'extra' in planning since the days prior to his fate should call peoples phones that facilitates the association so that there "will wait" and give them either in hostel accommodation, sports or other enclosure.

The president of the Association of Friends of Alicante on Thursday gave a conference organized by Casa Mediterráneo titled "El Camino de Santiago: Spirituality, tradition and art".
http://www.abc.es/local-alicante/201301 ... 31443.html

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Well, at 200 peregrinos per year from Alicante,that's even fewer than on the deserted Salvador. I am hoping that the Levante has a few more, but maybe that's wishful thinking. I don't know how you find these articles, falcon, but they are very interesting!

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.