• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2010 Credencial

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
The front page is the poster designed for the Holy Year:

The poster has been made by the company to Enxeño Galicia Archdiocese Santiago de Compostela. Explanation of the cartel Modesto Gomez, director of Exene Galicia:
We envision the road as a melting pot of people who, with their multitude of colors, pilgrims of the hand toward a goal.
We envision a destination and draw la Quintana peregrina its essence: its threshold of reconciliation, the prelude to the embrace that allows us to open ourselves to the world Obradoiro Glory.
We envision a style and decided to compose a mural can symbolize the plurality of the road: rounded at the base and bottom line at the top, colorful in its origin, while sober and full of air in the top half while chromatic clean, decorated with a scheme which simplifies the interpretation of three distinct parts that intersect naturally: the representation worldly, full of life and color, characterized by a multitude pilgrim, the spiritual, driven in that ethereal mix of chiaroscuro and unencumbered the silhouette of the cross, and a central plane in which the cathedral is the goal of the Path.
Obradoiro blurring the towers in an overhead shot imaginary, we highlight the vision of la Quintana as Plaza with the presentation of Tower Clock and Holy Door in a composition of simple lines and gray, adorned by colorful and rounded lines on special importance ...
At the door are three elements that stand out: first the images that humanize the stone. On the other, forming a central axis, two representations of the apostle. How could it be otherwise in the case of la Quintana, Place of living and dead, an apostle recumbent, which is the guiding light at the end of the road, rises above the door in its niche as a living witness of Christ and the pilgrim who, as a good host, awaits us at home.
To his right, the clock tower stands as a beacon of hope, a symbol of three essential elements: the clarity, the call and time. It's more symbolic of the temple tower. It represents, in descending order, a glimmer of hope that flows from its guiding light, a perennial call to conversion that resonates in each "badalada 'of the BerengariaAnd a gentle discourse of hours to the rhythm of the needles of a clock that evokes our lives and our history. At the base we wanted to establish a modern, simple and illuminating logo: from the Roman era to today, Pilgrim Church, at the hands of the cross and Vieira, icons of Jesus and James, pilgrimage guided by the light of Christ, walking together, hand in hand with faith, from 2010 years ago.

Attachments

• New Credencial 2010.jpg
    New Credencial 2010.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 903
A selection of Camino Jewellery
According to the Frankische St. Jakobus-Gesellschaft (Germany) this is the new credencial.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The picture is of the front and back of new credencial that has been printed for 2010.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The artwork would not be my choice, but then again I am a rather grouchy old man with a penchant for a more classical approach. Then again, they did not ask me for my opinion and I can only be grateful they care enough to exert their best efforts to make 2010 special.

The translation I suppose is by a computer, which can produce quite stilted language. However, the meaning came across clearly enough. Knowing the thought behind the art work makes it more easy for me to appreciate.

Sil, thank you for sharing it with us.

Michael

Thank you Michael .. I was being a little 'light' - you understand ..... :|

I rather like it. A nice change from the boring old brown one. I just hope they don´t print it on slick, shiny paper that wrinkles when damp and won´t hold a sello!

reb

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The new credencial is available now from the pilgrim office in Santiago. I got one 3 weeks ago when I finished the Norte - cost 0.50 Euro.

The paper is the same as the old credencial.

Brother David, please do not think there was any offense or that my post was written in response to yours. I still "read" your comments as they were intended and appreciate your sense of humor.

I don't seek to be negative or overly criticize the work of others when it is obvious they are putting forth their best efforts. Generally, the vast majority of modern art escapes me. I am either too slow or dim-witted to grasp the emotion portrayed by color and minimalist form to appreciate it. However, I can find joy when others appreciate it.

One day maybe I will be able to put down my dunce cap, but for now it is still on my pointed head,

Michael

It is full of symbolism.
Here are a couple of older Holy Year Posters and stamps.

Attachments

• 1948.jpg
    1948.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 635
  • 1954 Holy Year.JPG
    1954 Holy Year.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 634
  • 1965-RouteSantiago01-Pilgrim.jpg
    1965-RouteSantiago01-Pilgrim.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 629
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.