• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2013 New Edition of on-line guide now available

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
I'm pleased to tell you that the third edition of the CSJ guide to the route from Madrid to Sahagún is now available to download here:http://www.caminodesantiago.me/cami...pdf-guide-camino-de-madrid-madrid-to-sahagun/

This guide is one of a series of on-line guides published by the Confraternity of Saint James http://www.csj.org.uk/guides-online.htm and will also soon be available on the CSJ website. If you download a guide please leave a donation.

Max Long a forum member volunteered to take over the editorship of the guide and he has produced an excellent edition which has up to date information on accommodation,more walking notes, better elevation graphs and topographical maps to give some context. The maps are thanks to the work of another pilgrim Peter Robbins http://pilgrim.peterrobins.co.uk/

Buen camino

Attachments

• tn_segovia_aqueduct1.jpg
    tn_segovia_aqueduct1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,577
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
John - it didn't work on my printer - instead of the usual 2 page folded print, I'm getting one and a quarter pages which don't match up.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Max prepared this on a mac so I think it has problems interfacing with windows. He is off walking Offa's Dyke at the moment (as you do) - I'll ask Ivar to this version down for the moment. I have a Word version which is yet to be proof read - e mail me if anyone wants it in the meantime.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It looks great on my iPad, anyway! And nice little maps, too, thats wonderful. Thank you! :)

Haven tried yet to print it (busy week, phew), but will do that later, if it works.

/Susanna

Very sorry for the problems people are having with formatting etc - hopefully I can have a go editing it on a Windows next week and see what the problem is!

Max

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hola!

I have now printed the guide book, and had no problems at all.
It looks good.
Thanks,
Susanna

I have updated the guide again with some comments we received recently, and added some of the points which have been mentioned on this forum. I've also edited the altitude maps to make them more equal and representative. It is practically the same as the 2013 guide already here, except for a few changes.

I have also made a word document on a windows, so hopefully this time there should be no compatibility problems...

Hopefully John or Ivar will upload it in the coming few weeks.

I'm sure the guide still isn't flawless, so please keep on sending in comments, as they have been incredibly useful in editing this guide - it is truly a guide for and by pilgrims!

Buen Camino!

Max

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Brilliant!

Thanks a lot Ivar,

Max

Most read last week in this forum

A couple days ago I started the Camino Madrid from Segovia. Some of you may recall that I posted a few months ago looking for a relatively flat Camino to test out my body to find out if I could...
We planning a Camino Mixto of Camino Madrid/Salvador/Primitivo starting in early April next year. April 13-20 is Semana Santa next year We will probably fly in to Barcelona on 4th April and play...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.