• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2016 September/October Peregrinos Departures

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadFred

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
St Jean-Los Arcos ,Sept, Oct 14'
Los Arcos - Logrono-May16'
Next Logrono to ? - Sept 2019
Fellow Pilgrims . Nonami has offered to manage this thread until September ,. Go to the new thread and say hi :)
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...eptember-october-peregrinos-departures.38584/

I will be back after my camino to take over before she leaves for her Camino I apologize for the disarray , it was unintended The last person that took over the thread left the building unexpectedly
Ivar will be deleting here soon so save the new thread above

Joe

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Oh and I just posted on the old post. I am leaving Oviedo 18/09 for the Camino Primitivo.
Hope to meet some of you in SdC.

Buen camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If you are starting a Camino during the months of September or October 2016, and are interested in having your name added to the list, let me know. Sometimes, knowing someone else from the forum is currently on the trail adds a sense of community/security.

These are the gentle folks we have so far (if I have forgotten anyone, let me know).

Sometime in September/October, no specific day yet
1. Brad Williams (St Jean)
2. Rossmckay and Margaret (first week )
4. AZgirl (first week September) (Valencia)
5. Bodog (early September)
6. Susanglori (early to mid), Steve392 (St Jean)
7. TarantoLK
8. JPPreston (approx. second week Sep) (Sj Jean)
9. SamanthaMarie (St Jean)
10. Marylynn (CF)
11.Careen (Mid to Late)
12. Dottie (sometime in September) (St Jean)
13. Kerrychick (sometime in September) (Logrono)
14. Elfmade (first week of September) (St Jean)
15. Dottie (September) (St Jean)
16. Hal (early September) (Ponferrada)
17. EstherBlack (Sep/Oct) (St Jean)
18. Tim Wear (late September) (St Jean)
19. TomUK (mid September) (St Jean),
20. Jollytz (sometime in September) (St Jean)
21. Sailor (mid-September) (St Jean)
22. Phoenix (early September) (St Jean)
23. Thomas Woods (late August, early September) (St Jean)

---------------------------------------
September 1 - Tibby (St Jean), Kathy Cocquyt (St Jean), Terri B (St Jean)
September 2 - Craig Warren (St Jean)
September 3 - Lilja (St Jean), Colopalm (St Jean), Lady Danglebury(Porto)
Lady danglebury(Porto)
Lady danglebury(Porto)
September 4 - Trevorcc Catalan (Logrono), Marc Hamel (St Jean)
September 5 -
September 6 - Steve392 (St Jean)
September 7 - Nanc (St Jean)
September 8 - nonami (St Jean)
September 9 - TomS ( St Jean)
September 10 - Jiffie (St Jean)
September 11 -
September 12 - Nancy Claeys (Leon), Miguel de Flandes (Sevilla)
September 13 -
September 14 - Liz Ward (St Jean), Walkmag (Madrid), Albertagirl (Pau)
September 15 - Giorgio (Pamplona), Jamos (St Jean)
September 16 - Liz Murray (St Jean), Bethy446 (St Jean)
September 17 - Christian Hiriart (St Jean), Cecy (Valenca)
September 18 - DanielH (Burgos), Michael Caleigh(Oviedo)
September 19 - LesBrass (St Jean), KerrieG (St Jean), Shira (Sarria)
September 20 - Camino_Rooky (St Jean)
September 21 -
September 22 - Joodle (St Jean)
September 23 - MellisaSue67 (St Jean), 7Wood (Sarria)
September 24 -
September 25 -
September 26 -
September 27 - Likin( Leon)
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -
October 6 - Buzz Radican (St Jean)
October 9 - Scruffy1 (Bilbao to CF)
October 12 - Allansykes (Almeria)
October 18-
If you are starting a Camino during the months of September or October 2016, and are interested in having your name added to the list, let me know. Sometimes, knowing someone else from the forum is currently on the trail adds a sense of community/security.

These are the gentle folks we have so far (if I have forgotten anyone, let me know).

7. TarantoLK
10. Marylynn (CF)
11.Careen (Mid to Late)

Lady danglebury(Porto)
Lady danglebury(Porto)
September 5 -
September 11 -
September 13 -
September 21 -
September 24 -
September 25 -
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -
October 18-
Hi there, I plan on starting on the first or second week of September and it would be nice to know I have one or two friends before setting off :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I fly from Stanstead to Oviedo and back to Gatwick from SdC. I live in Brighton so Gatwick is the nearest airport.

I fly from Stanstead to Oviedo and back to Gatwick from SdC. I live in Brighton so Gatwick is the nearest airport.
Cool, well I found a flight from Newcastle to Southampton then to bayonne cost £93 then it's £8 on the train from there.... And coming back La coruna to Barcelona and up to Newcastle about £64 so all quite cool just need to book them lol

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Cool, well I found a flight from Newcastle to Southampton then to bayonne cost £93 then it's £8 on the train from there.... And coming back La coruna to Barcelona and up to Newcastle about £64 so all quite cool just need to book them lol
Yes it is rather inexpensive.....wonder what kept me so long from doing it

So true, mind I do think I'm trying to carry too much. But am also in no rush, I have wanted to walk it for so many years now I want to take time and enjoy it.

If you are starting a Camino during the months of September or October 2016, and are interested in having your name added to the list, let me know.
My wife and I plan to leave SJPdP on 9/5/16. Starting in Le Puy on 7/26/16 so there may be some slippage.

Karl

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
My wife and I plan to leave SJPdP on 9/5/16. Starting in Le Puy on 7/26/16 so there may be some slippage.

Karl
I should really check out the weather for this time...

I should really check out the weather for this time...
You never really know what weather to expect on the Camino, but you can probably count on it being too hot on the Meseta in September and too rainy in Galacia in October. Well, make that too rainy in Galacia any time.

Weather in September and October shouldn't be a significant problem, although there was incredible flooding in Santiago in October, 2013, just after we returned home after walking the CF. For pictures, see http://www.elcorreogallego.es/fotos/ecg/inundaciones-galicia/idGaleria-7440/?int1=833170

Karl

You never really know what weather to expect on the Camino, but you can probably count on it being too hot on the Meseta in September and too rainy in Galacia in October. Well, make that too rainy in Galacia any time.

Weather in September and October shouldn't be a significant problem, although there was incredible flooding in Santiago in October, 2013, just after we returned home after walking the CF. For pictures, see http://www.elcorreogallego.es/fotos/ecg/inundaciones-galicia/idGaleria-7440/?int1=833170

Karl
Wow that's some rain, I thought it maybe a little colder in September. It's my first camino so my rucksack is packed for everything. I think after a couple of days I may be posting things back home lol And coming from northern England 'm used to the rain :)

Lee

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi there, I plan on starting on the first or second week of September and it would be nice to know I have one or two friends before setting off :)

Hey Lee and welcome to the forum mate.
I start from St Jean on the 6/9/16 so maybe see you on the way mate.
If you haven't booked your flight yet check out Ryanair. Mine cost £81.99 including pre-booked seats and baggage. Leaving from Stansted and arriving at Biarritz.

Steve

I'm planning to start from SJ on September 13 - Please add me to the list!

3. Lee Woodhouse ( September )
7. TarantoLK
10. Marylynn (CF)
11.Careen (Mid to Late)

Lady danglebury(Porto)
Lady danglebury(Porto)
September 5 -
September 11 -
September 13 -
September 21 -
September 24 -
September 25 -
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -
October 18-

If you haven't booked your flight yet check out Ryanair. Mine cost £81.99 including pre-booked seats and baggage. Leaving from Stansted and arriving at Biarritz.

Steve
Cool Steve is this your first? I'll take a look going to book up flights later tonight so will for sure have a look

Lee

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wow that's some rain, I thought it maybe a little colder in September. It's my first camino so my rucksack is packed for everything. I think after a couple of days I may be posting things back home lol And coming from northern England 'm used to the rain :)

Lee
In 2013 it was too hot in September, not too cold, at least until we got to Galicia.

Take a look at some of the gear list threads on this forum, or post your list; you'll get lots of help. On our last CF (August 30 to October 4) I did fine with trousers, a long sleeve undershirt (I didn't use it except to sleep a few times), shirts, a fleece jacket and a packa (sort of a poncho). For sleeping I had a silk bag liner. This was all the clothing I needed, although I slept in my cloths a few times. A blanket was usually available at night. I'm taking a super light sleeping bag this time, only because I have it, and a mereno wool buff, which I highly recommend. I may take 2 buffs - their weight/bulk to utility ratio is great.

Plan ahead as best you can. Carrying too much for even a couple of days is pretty hard on your feet. By the time you decide to discard it, you may have blisters. You can buy anything on the Camino you decide you need.

Have a great Camino.

Karl

Cool Steve is this your first? I'll take a look going to book up flights later tonight so will for sure have a look

Lee

Yes mate it is my first but I've been walking as a hobby for years. This has been in my plans for a couple of years now and was just a matter of getting away from work. You? have you done anything like this before?

In 2013 it was too hot in September, not too cold, at least until we got to Galicia.

Take a look at some of the gear list threads on this forum, or post your list; you'll get lots of help. On our last CF (August 30 to October 4) I did fine with trousers, a long sleeve undershirt (I didn't use it except to sleep a few times), shirts, a fleece jacket and a packa (sort of a poncho). For sleeping I had a silk bag liner. This was all the clothing I needed, although I slept in my cloths a few times. A blanket was usually available at night. I'm taking a super light sleeping bag this time, only because I have it, and a mereno wool buff, which I highly recommend. I may take 2 buffs - their weight/bulk to utility ratio is great.

Plan ahead as best you can. Carrying too much for even a couple of days is pretty hard on your feet. By the time you decide to discard it, you may have blisters. You can buy anything on the Camino you decide you need.

Have a great Camino.

Karl
Thanks Karl, yes I have looked at a few blogs and other peoples pack list, at the moment I think I should be ok and everything I have packed up too now is what I would like to take. I'm in no rush so if it takes me twice as long so be it lol... I just want to enjoy every moment, make so wonderful friends and record all moments in photos... Drink so nice wine, eat great food and laugh loads...

Lee

Yes mate it is my first but I've been walking as a hobby for years. This has been in my plans for a couple of years now and was just a matter of getting away from work. You? have you done anything like this before?
Well Steve I have 3 dogs so walk a little with them and lived in Czech few years ago and while there did lots of dogtrekking... I'm just looking forward to laughing with new friends, I'm in no rush.... I'll finish when I finish lol

Lee

Karl

Karl Welcome to the list :)
Joe

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm just looking forward to laughing with new friends, I'm in no rush.... I'll finish when I finish lol

Lee

Mate, love this. It's the approach that I'm taking. I've got 39 days to walk the camino and if I only make it half way then so be it, I can always go back. Maybe see you there then mate and raise a glass or two. good luck with your planning and buen camino

Mate, love this. It's the approach that I'm taking. I've got 39 days to walk the camino and if I only make it half way then so be it, I can always go back. Maybe see you there then mate and raise a glass or two. good luck with your planning and buen camino
Sounds like a plan ;)

Fellow Peregrino's , I started this thread awhile back as I was planning my return in September but fate intervenes and plans change so I am now heading over in May . When I asked for someone to step in and take care of the thread "YourGreatAunt" stepped up.. then a week or two later she stepped away. If you have any interest in taking her place let me know . I'm not boarding the plane until May 17th . I hope someone can step in before or at that time . The pay and benefits are good and you get a fantastic opportunity to meet some really cool people . :) .. btw , it's easy peasy and fun to boot .

Also . I left St Jean Sept 26th 2014 and made to Los Arcos without getting rained on. That's where I stopped . Temperature was great, T-shirt weather and sleeping bag liner . The Caveat ? like everyone say's the weather is very unpredictable .

Joe

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
If you are starting your Camino during the months of September or October 2016, and are interested in having your name added to the list, let me know. Sometimes, knowing someone else from the forum is currently on the trail adds a sense of community/security.

7. TarantoLK
10. Marylynn (CF)
11.Careen (Mid to Late)

Lady danglebury(Porto)
Lady danglebury(Porto)
September 5 -kmrice (St Jean )
September 11 -
September 13 -Sandcastle ( St Jean)
September 21 -
September 24 -
September 25 -
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -
October 18-

24. vgen5122(Vilma&Michael)(late August)(St. Jean)

OK Dead Fred, it's time for me to step up to the plate and return a small portion of what this forum has given me. I can continue this thread until 2nd September (US time) when I leave Australia for my Camino. I don't visit here everyday but reasonably often. From reading Your Great Aunt post I simply need to copy your OP in a new thread and edit. I guess I'll learn .. in public!

OK Dead Fred, it's time for me to step up to the plate and return a small portion of what this forum has given me. I can continue this thread until 2nd September (US time) when I leave Australia for my Camino. I don't visit here everyday but reasonably often. From reading Your Great Aunt post I simply need to copy your OP in a new thread and edit. I guess I'll learn .. in public!

nonami! Thank you ! I do appreciate that and I have NO doubt everyone on this thread does too . Yes , Start a new thread and once you have it ready I will let Ivar know to delete this thread .

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
nonami! Thank you ! I do appreciate that and I have NO doubt everyone on this thread does too . Yes , Start a new thread and once you have it ready I will let Ivar know to delete this thread .
Done!

Fellow Pilgrims . Nonami has offered to manage this thread until September ,. Go to the new thread and say hi :)
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...eptember-october-peregrinos-departures.38584/

I will be back after my camino to take over before she leaves for her Camino I apologize for the disarray , it was unintended The last person that took over the thread left the building unexpectedly
Ivar will be deleting here soon so save the new thread above

Joe

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If you are starting your Camino during the months of September or October 2016, and are interested in having your name added to the list, let me know. Sometimes, knowing someone else from the forum is currently on the trail adds a sense of community/security.

7. TarantoLK
10. Marylynn (CF)
11.Careen (Mid to Late)

Lady danglebury(Porto)
Lady danglebury(Porto)
September 5 -kmrice (St Jean )
September 11 -
September 13 -Sandcastle ( St Jean)
September 21 -
September 24 -
September 25 -
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -
October 18-
Ok booked, I get to Saint Jean on 6th and have 2 night's there and leave my little hotel on the 8th... :)

Steve
Steve is that the day your flying?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back