• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2016 September/October Peregrinos Departures

My wife and I will be starting in Sarria on October 3rd. We will probably be slightly slower making progress than Buz of the big Osprey pack. My pack is an Osprey as well (green) and my wife'll be carrying an adorable REI Trail 40 with a yoga mat on top.
Wish you both a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello Nonami and fellow pilgrims :)

I am starting from StJPdP on Friday, the 16th of September (yaaay, that is less than 3 days away)!!!

Am doing some practice walking in the Lit-Et-Mixe area 60 km north of Bayonne (22 km / 26000 steps in pouring rain and thunderstorm all day today). Will drop my car at Biarritz airport at about noon, and try to catch the 14:55 train from Bayonne to StJ. If any of you are taking the same one, I am the guy with the green bush hat and huge red backpack ;-)

MacMac
Hi MacMac , it's a lovely time of the year to go for a walk according to my wife anyway.
Wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hello MegH, I also fly into Biarritz on the 15th from Gatwick arriving at 15.50. If that coincides would you be interested in a Taxi share? Thought to find some walkers at the airport to link up with but as we're there at on the same date......
Hi Steven. I will look out for you. I have whitefish hair and my rucksack is red, black trousers, faded, and smoky green shirt. It is all becoming a bit real now!
Meg

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi MacMac , it's a lovely time of the year to go for a walk according to my wife anyway.
Wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino, Peter.
Thank you, Peter :) Been practising in the Aquitaine rain the past two days, so I am all set!! Hehe!

I'm starting my 1st camino shortly . Allyson :) September 21st (Sarria)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Steven. I will look out for you. I have whitefish hair and my rucksack is red, black trousers, faded, and smoky green shirt. It is all becoming a bit real now!
Meg

Walked through to Burguete today, may have passed you somewhere. It was such a cracking day I just went for it, didn't stop and managed to get here in six hours. Hope the rain missed you. I did find the walk down into Roncevalles the toughest part, glad to have had a knee support to slip on. Where have you stopped?

Meg

Do you wear your hair in a single long plat, if so I spoke to you, you where leaning against a bank relaxing your feet. Maybe, maybe not. Near the top after the wood.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello Nonami and team, and every poster in this useful thread.
Please kindly add me to the list, thx.
Will be starting from SJPP on October 17th.
I am packing light and I am somewhat well prepared, to the extent one ever is.
Should anyone be planning a 20 days or so type of run to Santiago in this early winter season, lemme know and let's share ideas.
Buen camino a todos!!

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
(Please note I will be leaving home for my Camino on 5th September Sydney Australia time. Depending on internet connections, it may take a few days for me to add your name to the list after this date. It will be done!)
If you are starting your Camino during the months of September or October 2016, and are interested in having your name added to the list, let me know. Sometimes, knowing someone else from the forum is currently on the trail, adds a sense of community/security.

Just reply to this thread with when and where you are starting.

Sometime in September/October, no specific day yet

1. vgen5122(Michael&Vilma) (late August) (St.Jean), junaella (Sarria), MichelleElynHogan (St Jean)

2. Novos (late August, early September) (St Jean)

3. Sometime in September: Brad Williams (St Jean), TarantoLK, SamanthaMarie (St Jean), Kerrychick (Logrono), Jollytz (St Jean), Diana Trent, Eve Cook, ceco (Sarria), Katie Harich (CF), mauveglass (St Jean), KariK (Camino Norte), Guidersue (St Jean), tony Osborn+ Lorelle & Richard (Pamplona)

4. Rossmckay and Margaret (first week), AZgirl (first week September) (Valencia), Bodog (early September), Hal (early September) (Ponferrada), Natalie B (early September) (St Jean), Trudi (early September), Richard Ray (early September) (St Jean)

5. Susanglori (early to mid), JPPreston (approx. second week Sep) (St Jean), TomUK (mid September) (St Jean), Sailor (mid-September) (St Jean), Dot (mid September)

6. Careen (Mid to Late), Tim Wear (late September) (St Jean), BuzzBuzz (late September) (Logrono), jamesw3435 (late September) (CF), Denee +Carol (late September) (Pamplona)

7. EstherBlack (Sep/Oct) (St Jean), SimiK (end of Sept/Oct), Monica Alice Habas (October), Keku (end October) (Porto)

---------------------------------------

August 22 - trecile (CF), KWperegrino (Roncesvalles)
August 23 - Kez (St Jean), Kevhan84 (Belorado), nohaycamino (St Jean)
August 24 - Cyndi Knapp (St Jean), Bill Anlyan (St Jean), filly (Arles)
August 25 - artsschmidt - Shirley and Alicia, MichelleElynHogan (St Jean)
August 27 - Duke6 (St Jean), elleley (St Jean)
August 28 - Rupe - Richard and Renee (St Jean), annie Hall (St Jean), NovaScotianAngela and Eileen (St Jean)
August 29 - Lilja (St Jean), Nicmen (Lourdes), Pias (St Jean), RBAL (St Jean)
August 30 - SGStett (St Jean), Judy and Bert Hayman (St Jean), Jenny Ray (Pamplona), WithybrookIan (St Jean),tpmchugh (Pamplona)
August 31 - Dennis Hill ( St Jean), beckymann (St Jean), Steven Bennett (St Jean)
September 1 - Tibby (St Jean), Kathy Cocquyt (St Jean), Terri B (St Jean), Lauren321 (St Jean), Flyguy (St Jean), Jmmmpr (Roncesvalles), EmmaE (St Jean), DarrenCombrink (Porto), Jan Costas + Mike (St. Jean), alexwalker (Burgos), Jeneveux Pas Travailler (St Jean)
September 2 - Craig Warren (St Jean), clearskies (Santiago to Finisterre), Diana P (St Jean), Dottie (St Jean), CourtneyZ (St Jean), Oldbikerider (St Jean), Hanna Vacanti (St Jean), PapaSmurf76 (Craig & Jackie) (St Jean), FionaClarke (Burgos), TerryMichael (St Jean), Movin (St Jean)
September 3 - Colopalm (St Jean), Lady Danglebury (Porto), GerdaKHr (Leon), Judy Harrison (St Jean), leegal4 (St Jean), Bonita Holland + Dave (St Jean), teca55 (Oviedo)
September 4 - Marc Hamel (St Jean), Zoula (CP), TomasJune2014 (St Jean), Jacky and Kat (St Jean), saskapi (Pamplona), PanAmHwy (St Jean), MargieMac (St Jean), Marylynn (Burgos)
September 5 - Trevorcc (Valencia then CF then Porto), kmrice (St Jean), mamadoodle (Pamplona), Johann Claasen (St Jean), hikingmd_05 (St Jean), Poul Jensen + Sonia Law (St Jean), Ricay + Diane (Leon), WalkingGeo and Bryan B (St Jean), Spiritualista (St Jean), Nelia L Keiser (St Jean), guenni63 (St Jean), go ozzie - Trish+Gayle (St Jean)
September 6 - Steve392 (St Jean), Johanne and Michel (St Jean), Elfmade (St Jean), Kirby852 (St Jean), Thom + Penny (St Jean)
September 7 - Nanc (St Jean), Whetten (St Jean), Ricky Tony and Janell (St Jean), Ginabina (St Jean), John MLT + Alex (St Jean), Raymond Aquilina (St Jean), Shirley Prisco (St Jean), Anna Kutsinskaja (St Jean), Pete Dunn (Irun), Cathy Nikolaidis (St Jean), welltraveled53 - Luis+Adita (St Jean)
September 8 - nonami (St Jean), Deacon Jason (St Jean), Lee Woodhouse (St Jean), shellypaul (St Jean), EMStry +Karin (St Jean), pangea (Paris), Mickey Roberts (St Jean), Jakemanrl (St Jean), susanwillwalk - Susan +Zoe (St Jean), kjones (Leon), Glynis + Rob (St Jean), Bruce Giamalva (St Jean)
September 9 - TomS ( St Jean), Val S (St Jean) Lynne L (St Jean), julie s (St Jean), Shawnasong (St Jean), Jen Marsden (St Jean), shel (St Jean), Beacher (St Jean), Tedd Cook + Eve (St Jean), Gabip94 (St Jean), Littlepin (St Jean), Saorsa - Sean + Douglas (St Jean)
September 10 - Jiffie (St Jean), JKH, Sandcastle (St Jean), Vaggers + 3+3 (CF), Caminomimi (St Jean)
September 11 - Carla and Mary (St Jean), Kasseeopea (St Jean), MaWinMex (St Jean), Bob D. (St Jean), Returning2TheTrail (St Jean), Ashala (St Jean), Guidersue (St Jean)
September 12 - Nancy Claeys (Leon), Miguel de Flandes (Sevilla), G.White (St Jean), solotraveller (Porto), Vermont Pat (Pamplona), MAK16 (St Jean), SamanthaMarie (St Jean), Pippi1980 (St Jean)
September 13 - Bill Ronan (St Jean), Heather+Catherine+Patty+Jackie (St Jean), Tarquin (St Jean), TomAptos+ Andrea (St Jean)
September 14 - Liz Ward (St Jean), Walkmag (Madrid), Albertagirl (Pau) , Donna and John Beevor-Potts (St Jean), Irish Bernie (Pamplona), Ellie (St Jean), mamadoodle (Irun), BillieBob (St Jean), Curtis (St Jean), Giselleontour (Belorado), christy wharton (St Jean), VeeM (St Jean), Margaret A +Joe (St Jean)
September 15 - Giorgio & Gianni (Pamplona), Jamos (St Jean), LeanneD (St Jean), B&V (St Jean), Walton & Annette (St Jean), Julie Zhou (St Jean), Ninna Hedvall (St Jean), museflex (St Jean), olgaeveraert (St Jean), Fiona_sorotos (St Jean), Magz (St Jean), Djimbo (Leon), Scarlet Fez (St Jean)
September 16 - Liz Murray (St Jean), Bethy446 (St Jean), marylynn (Burgos), Dennis Tam & Jim Rondeau (St Jean), Ryan Alexander (St Jean), Steven Forshaw (St Jean), Diarmuid (Sarria), Elizbeth (St Jean), MeliCunn (Sarria), MegH (St Jean), Danny Fox (St Jean)
September 17 - Cecy (Valenca), Deanne (St Jean), tbJoe (Pamplona), KellyB (St Jean), falcon269 + 2 generations! (Sarria), Francesco82 (St Jean), Rafael Pereira da Silva (Pamplona), Jose Santiso (St Jean), Walking Julie (St Jean)
September 18 - DanielH (Burgos), Michael Caleigh(Oviedo), Leora (St Jean), Rose56 (St Jean), Eric Sandnes (Astorga),Christian Hiriart (St Jean), Rhonda V (Leon)
September 19 - KerrieG (St Jean), Shira (Sarria), Millszey & Jose Carlos (Sarria), Padders (Najera), markgrubb (St Jean), Hamish72 (St Jean), EFH, MoyaRose +Gayle (Sarria), NadiaBE (Porto)
September 20 - Camino_Rooky (St Jean), AyerPair (St Jean), sj9 (St Jean), Sandve (Pamplona), DarrenCombrink (Ferrol), AnnChristiansen+ Jeanna (St Jean), Annie Little (St Jean)
September 21 - LesBrass (Seville), Marty and Susan Karpiel (St Jean), mcvett500 (St Jean), Teadrinker41 (Samos), Kiwi Kid (St Jean)
September 22 - Joodle (St Jean), fredk (St Jean), AlongtheAway (St Jean), Julian & Antoinette (St Jean), Nancy walker (St Jean), Debra Payne + Dyan (St Jean), BlueBowers (Lourdes or Oloron St Marie), wcsjms - Joan & Bill & Rachele & Chad (St Jean), Mito (St Jean)
September 23 - MellisaSue67 (St Jean), 7Wood (Sarria), Mangled99 (Lourdes, CF), Fiona & Trevor, Rachael & Ginnie (St Jean), Erionlmh (St Jean), fredk +Karen (St Jean), Peggy olsen (St Jean), mito (St Jean)
September 24 - sar_sar (St Jean), typerhappy (St Jean), chimp (Roncesvalles)
September 25 - Camino Sisters (St Jean), Chindiana (St Jean)
September 26 - Pam Amy Liddell, Lynette Barker (St Jean)
September 27 - Likin( Leon), Ray & Heather (St Jean), Phoenix (St Jean), Bobsheldon (St Jean), cjohnson831 + Martha (St Jean)
September 28 - Jill T (Pamplona), Clay (St Jean), gertw (St Jean)
September 29 - mary j (St Jean), Maltese_Mars (St Jean), grayland (Florence to Rome), Spiritz (Pamplona or St Jean)
September 30 - julia-t (Navarrete)
October 1 - Craig Oliver (St Jean), Laura Olsen (St Jean)
October 3 - Eric & Gayleen (St Jean)
October 4 - Maltese_Mars (Sarria)
October 6 - Buzz Radican (St Jean)
October 8 - HadleyC (St Jean)
October 9 - Scruffy1 (Bilbao to CF), 2 Stuarts (St Jean)
October 10 - Clara Montes de Oca (St Jean?)
October 12 - Allansykes (Almeria)
October 13 - Sheiko (St Jean)
October 14 - mlhhome (St Jean), BrettP (Irun), Fritz (St Jean to Pamplona then Norte)
October 15 - ranthr (Logrono)
October 16 - Flanuer (Porto)
October 18 - Becket - Emily + Cheryl (St Jean)
November 4 - janewang (CF)

There is also a similar thread for those starting their Caminos in August.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/2016-august-peregrinos-departures.41454/

Moderator edit.

Hi! I am leaving from Leon in 15th of October. Thanks. Sarmite

I'm planning to start at Los Arcos on Oct.11. Thanks. - Mark

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum, and excited to begin my first Camino on October 5th, St. Jean Pied de Port! I also want to say what an amazing and helpful resource this page has been. Thank you!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi, i am (Jasmin Lee) starting on the 27th September from Lorca where i stopped 5 years ago. :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ray and Tanya from Canada departing SJPdP October 4th. :)
This website has been incredibly helpful in planning the trip. I'm making a donation today.

Ray and Tanya from Canada departing SJPdP October 4th. :)
This website has been incredibly helpful in planning the trip. I'm making a donation today.
Im from Canada as well. Prince George, BC. Be in SJPdP on October 7th, depart on 8th

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Look forward to meeting some on you between Sarria and Santiago 11 to 18 October Arriving Santiago airport 1620 on 11th. If anyone would like to share a taxi to Sarria please contact me

Last edited:
Hi , I will start the Camino on 29th October from St Jean Pied de Port. I will walk only one week until Sunday 6th, I hope to finish in Burgos and start again in spring from there.
If anybody wants to share a taxi from Biarritz Airport to St Jean Pied de Port on Friday 28th at 17:30/18:00 please contact me.

Simone

Starting in St Jean on the 2nd October and finishing in Logrono on the 12th October. Hopefully more next year.

Hope to see some of you along the way.

Buen Camino from The Essex Three

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum, and excited to begin my first Camino on October 5th, St. Jean Pied de Port! I also want to say what an amazing and helpful resource this page has been. Thank you!
Me too! Maybe see you tackling the big Hill on the 05th....Buen Camino ....

I start my Camino deployment tomorrow. :)
Crossing to Santander tomorrow, then heading to Asturias for a couple of training days in the mountains. I expect to see people in Leon maybe Friday or Saturday. After that I start making it up as I go. Hopefully my feet remain in one piece.
Wish I had bought a guide book, but I guess that's why I have a phone and internet.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks so much for doing this. I begin my camino on October 16 from St. Jean Pied de Port.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi , I will start the Camino on 29th October from St Jean Pied de Port. I will walk only one week until Sunday 6th, I hope to finish in Burgos and start again in spring from there.
If anybody wants to share a taxi from Biarritz Airport to St Jean Pied de Port on Friday 28th at 17:30/18:00 please contact me.

Simone
Hi Simone, wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Currently sat in the alburgue in Villada. I may meet people tomorrow night at a alburgue in Sahagun.

Buen Camino

Attachments

• WP_20161007_19_49_29_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161007_19_49_29_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back