• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2016 September/October Peregrinos Departures

Starting from Madrid Sept. 15 to Pamplona,
From Pamplona take bus next morning to SJPP
hope to start september 16 th
Elizabeth

If you are starting your Camino during the months of September or October 2016, and are interested in having your name added to the list, let me know. Sometimes, knowing someone else from the forum is currently on the trail, adds a sense of community/security.

Just reply to this thread with when and where you are starting.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Elizabeth

If you are starting your Camino during the months of September or October 2016, and are interested in having your name added to the list, let me know. Sometimes, knowing someone else from the forum is currently on the trail, adds a sense of community/security.

Want to start SJdPdP September 5th 2016

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello Everyone ! I am starting the camino around september 19th, anyone around around that time? Would be nice to have a walking buddy!
You will have a hard time to walk alone.
Plenty of pilgrims around.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hey fellow pilgrims!

I'm starting my first Camino from St Jean on September 5th.

Looking forward to seeing some of you! :)

Bueno camino
Irina
Hi Irina, nice time of the year to walk the Camino according to my wife anyway she walked the Camino Frances in 2013
Wish you a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello Everyone ! I am starting the camino around september 19th, anyone around around that time? Would be nice to have a walking buddy!
I've added you to the list EFH. You will have plenty of fellow peregrinos to walk with everyday. Do you have a starting point?Buen camino

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Elizabeth

Welcome to the forum, Elizbeth. You are on the list. I am certain you will have a fantastic time. Buen camino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi. So happy to have found you! I plan on starting my Camino on 10/10 or so from either Leon or Astorga. I have only 14 days for walking. I'd be happy to get to know others who will be walking at this time and incorporate myself into the community!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Starting September 14th - flying in to Biarritz! Trying to figure out now how to get to start....I guess in St. Jean! ;-)

Starting September 14th - flying in to Biarritz! Trying to figure out now how to get to start....I guess in St. Jean! ;-)

Or roncesvalles or Pamplona - wherever you start - have a Buen Camino, SY

Leaving St Jean Tuesday 20th September ...... current plan is to walk to Valcarlos stay overnight .... due to many reasons one being I want to take my time and also have not had a chance to train so training will be on track unfortunately .... unless my life quietens down before then ......
Anyone else going slowly via Valcarlos ? I might change my plan if I think I will walking too much alone on the first two days .....:rolleyes:

Sept 14 Chris from Ireland (St Jean >>)
hi Chris, I am coming from Canada via Dublin, no direct flight on the 14th from Dublin so get to spend some time there.. arrive in St. Jean 15th.. maybe I will see you along the Way. Buen Camino

Sometime in September/October, no specific day yet

1. vgen5122(Michael&Vilma) (late August) (St.Jean), junaella (Sarria)

2. Novos (late August, early September) (St Jean)

3. Sometime in September: Brad Williams (St Jean), TarantoLK, SamanthaMarie (St Jean), Marylynn (CF), Kerrychick (Logrono), Jollytz (St Jean), Diana Trent, Eve Cook, ceco (Sarria), Katie Harich (CF), mauveglass (St Jean), KariK (Camino Norte), Guidersue (St Jean)

4. Rossmckay and Margaret (first week), AZgirl (first week September) (Valencia), Bodog (early September), Hal (early September) (Ponferrada), Natalie B (early September) (St Jean), Trudi (early September), Richard Ray (early September) (St Jean)

5. Susanglori (early to mid), JPPreston (approx. second week Sep) (St Jean), TomUK (mid September) (St Jean), Sailor (mid-September) (St Jean), Dot (mid September)

6. Careen (Mid to Late), Tim Wear (late September) (St Jean), BuzzBuzz (late September) (Logrono), jamesw3435 (late September) (CF), Denee +Carol (late September) (Pamplona)

7. EstherBlack (Sep/Oct) (St Jean), SimiK (end of Sept/Oct), Monica Alice Habas (October)

---------------------------------------

August 22 - trecile (CF), KWperegrino (Roncesvalles)
August 23 - Kez (St Jean), Kevhan84 (Belorado), nohaycamino (St Jean)
August 24 - Cyndi Knapp (St Jean), Bill Anlyan (St Jean)
August 25 - artsschmidt - Shirley and Alicia
August 27 - Duke6 (St Jean), elleley (St Jean)
August 28 - Rupe - Richard and Renee (St Jean), annie Hall (St Jean), NovaScotianAngela and Eileen (St Jean)
August 29 - Lilja (St Jean), Nicmen (Lourdes), Pias (St Jean)
August 30 - SGStett (St Jean), Judy and Bert Hayman (St Jean), Jenny Ray (Pamplona), WithybrookIan (St Jean)
August 31 - tpmchugh (Logrono or Pamplona), Dennis Hill ( St Jean), beckymann (St Jean), Steven Bennett (St Jean)
September 1 - Tibby (St Jean), Kathy Cocquyt (St Jean), Terri B (St Jean), Lauren321 (St Jean), Flyguy (St Jean), Jmmmpr (Roncesvalles), EmmaE (St Jean), DarrenCombrink (Porto), Jan Costas + Mike (St. Jean), alexwalker (Burgos)
September 2 - Craig Warren (St Jean), clearskies (Santiago to Finisterre), Diana P (St Jean), Dottie (St Jean), CourtneyZ (St Jean), Oldbikerider (St Jean), Hanna Vacanti (St Jean), PapaSmurf76 (Craig & Jackie) (St Jean), FionaClarke (Burgos), TerryMichael (St Jean)
September 3 - Colopalm (St Jean), Lady Danglebury (Porto), GerdaKHr (Leon), Judy Harrison (St Jean), leegal4 (St Jean)
September 4 - Marc Hamel (St Jean), Zoula (CP), TomasJune2014 (St Jean), Jacky and Kat (St Jean), saskapi (Pamplona), PanAmHwy (St Jean), MargieMac (St Jean)
September 5 - Trevorcc (Valencia then CF then Porto), kmrice (St Jean), mamadoodle (Pamplona), Johann Claasen (St Jean), hikingmd_05 (St Jean), Poul Jensen + Sonia Law (St Jean), Ricay + Diane (Leon), WalkingGeo and Bryan B (St Jean), Spiritualista (St Jean), Nelia L Keiser (St Jean)
September 6 - Steve392 (St Jean), Johanne and Michel (St Jean), Elfmade (St Jean), Kirby852 (St Jean), Thom + Penny (St Jean)
September 7 - Nanc (St Jean), Whetten (St Jean), Ricky Tony and Janell (St Jean), Ginabina (St Jean), John MLT + Alex (St Jean), Raymond Aquilina (St Jean), Shirley Prisco (St Jean), Anna Kutsinskaja (St Jean), Pete Dunn (Irun), Cathy Nikolaidis (St Jean)
September 8 - nonami (St Jean), Deacon Jason (St Jean), Lee Woodhouse (St Jean), shellypaul (St Jean), EMStry +Karin (St Jean), pangea (Paris)
September 9 - TomS ( St Jean), Val S (St Jean) Lynne L (St Jean), julie s (St Jean), Shawnasong (St Jean), Jen Marsden (St Jean), shel (St Jean), Beacher (St Jean), Tedd Cook + Eve (St Jean), Gabip94 (St Jean)
September 10 - Jiffie (St Jean), JKH, Sandcastle (St Jean), Vaggers + 3+3 (CF), Caminomimi (St Jean)
September 11 - Carla and Mary (St Jean), Kasseeopea (St Jean), MaWinMex (St Jean), Bob D. (St Jean), Returning2TheTrail (St Jean), Ashala (St Jean)
September 12 - Nancy Claeys (Leon), Miguel de Flandes (Sevilla), G.White (St Jean), solotraveller (Porto), Vermont Pat (Pamplona), MAK16 (St Jean), SamanthaMarie (St Jean), Pippi1980 (St Jean)
September 13 - Bill Ronan (St Jean), Heather+Catherine+Patty+Jackie (St Jean), Tarquin (St Jean), TomAptos+ Andrea (St Jean)
September 14 - Liz Ward (St Jean), Walkmag (Madrid), Albertagirl (Pau) , Donna and John Beevor-Potts (St Jean), Irish Bernie (Pamplona), Ellie (St Jean), mamadoodle (Irun), BillieBob (St Jean), Curtis (St Jean), Giselleontour (Belorado), christy wharton (St Jean)
September 15 - Giorgio & Gianni (Pamplona), Jamos (St Jean), LeanneD (St Jean), B&V (St Jean), Walton & Annette (St Jean), Julie Zhou (St Jean), Ninna Hedvall (St Jean), museflex (St Jean)
September 16 - Liz Murray (St Jean), Bethy446 (St Jean), marylynn (Burgos), Mickey Roberts (St Jean), Dennis Tam & Jim Rondeau (St Jean), Ryan Alexander (St Jean), Steven Forshaw (St Jean), Diarmuid (Sarria), Elizbeth (St Jean)
September 17 - Christian Hiriart (St Jean), Cecy (Valenca), Deanne (St Jean), tbJoe (Pamplona), KellyB (St Jean), falcon269 + 2 generations! (Sarria)
September 18 - DanielH (Burgos), Michael Caleigh(Oviedo), Leora (St Jean), Rose56 (St Jean), Eric Sandnes (Astorga)
September 19 - KerrieG (St Jean), Shira (Sarria), Millszey & Jose Carlos (Sarria), Padders (Najera), markgrubb (St Jean), Hamish72 (St Jean), EFH
September 20 - Camino_Rooky (St Jean), AyerPair (St Jean), sj9 (St Jean), Sandve (Pamplona), DarrenCombrink (Ferrol), AnnChristiansen+ Jeanna (St Jean)
September 21 - LesBrass (Seville), Marty and Susan Karpiel (St Jean), mcvett500 (St Jean), Teadrinker41 (Samos)
September 22 - Joodle (St Jean), fredk (St Jean), AlongtheAway (St Jean), Julian & Antoinette (St Jean), Nancy walker (St Jean), Debra Payne + Dyan (St Jean), BlueBowers (Lourdes or Oloron St Marie), wcsjms - Joan & Bill & Rachele & Chad (St Jean)
September 23 - MellisaSue67 (St Jean), 7Wood (Sarria), Mangled99 (Lourdes, CF), Fiona & Trevor, Rachael & Ginnie (St Jean), Erionlmh (St Jean), fredk +Karen (St Jean)
September 24 - sar_sar (St Jean), typerhappy (St Jean)
September 25 - Camino Sisters (St Jean)
September 26 - Pam Amy Liddell, Lynette Barker (St Jean)
September 27 - Likin( Leon), Ray & Heather (St Jean), Phoenix (St Jean)
September 28 - Jill T (Pamplona), Clay (St Jean)
September 29 - mary j (St Jean), Maltese_Mars (St Jean), grayland (Florence to Rome), Spiritz (Pamplona or St Jean)
September 30 - julia-t (Navarrete)
October 1 - Craig Oliver (St Jean)
October 3 - Eric & Gayleen (St Jean)
October 4 - Maltese_Mars (Sarria)
October 6 - Buzz Radican (St Jean)
October 9 - Scruffy1 (Bilbao to CF), 2 Stuarts (St Jean)
October 12 - Allansykes (Almeria)
October 14 - mlhhome (Madrid), BrettP (Irun), Fritz (St Jean to Pamplona then Norte)
November 4 - janewang (CF)

There is also a similar thread for those starting their Caminos in August.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/2016-august-peregrinos-departures.41454/

Moderator edit.

I will arrive in St. Jean Sept. 15.. (Toronto Canada/Dublin/Biarritz)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
August 24 start at Arles on the Via Tolosana. Actually arrive in Avignon on 22 August. Eurostar from London has several trains a week DIRECT to Marseilles! I would wait/ start earlier if anyone else was planning this route. I note that the early part is currently rather quiet as reported by 'bunny'.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Elizabeth

Dublin to Bilbao, September 20. Bilbao to Pamplona to Roncesvalles, September 23. Hope to start walking September 24.

Hi. So happy to have found you! I plan on starting my Camino on 10/10 or so from either Leon or Astorga. I have only 14 days for walking. I'd be happy to get to know others who will be walking at this time and incorporate myself into the community!
Welcome to the forum, Clara. I put both starting places down for you. You will see many of the other pilgrims on this list - the ones starting at St Jean around 18-20th September will be around your starting points on the 10th. Buen camino

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
You are on the list, VeeM. Looks quite easy to get to St Jean from Biarritz - airport bus then train - as long as you don't have a late arrival at Biarritz. I hope you have a fantastic time. Buen camino

Leaving St Jean Tuesday 20th September ...... current plan is to walk to Valcarlos stay overnight .... due to many reasons one being I want to take my time and also have not had a chance to train so training will be on track unfortunately .... unless my life quietens down before then ......
Anyone else going slowly via Valcarlos ? I might change my plan if I think I will walking too much alone on the first two days .....:rolleyes:
You're on the list, Annie. Have a fabulous time. Buen camino

Hi! I'm Francesco and I'll be in St Jean on 17th September to start my Camino. Please add me to the list...thanks!
Welocme to the forum, Francesco82. I have added you to the list. I am certain you will have a magnificent journey. Buen camino

August 24 start at Arles on the Via Tolosana. Actually arrive in Avignon on 22 August. Eurostar from London has several trains a week DIRECT to Marseilles! I would wait/ start earlier if anyone else was planning this route. I note that the early part is currently rather quiet as reported by 'bunny'.
You are on the list, filly. You are the first to report a start from Arles on this thread. Buen camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Dublin to Bilbao, September 20. Bilbao to Pamplona to Roncesvalles, September 23. Hope to start walking September 24.
Welcome to the forum, chimp. I am sure you will have a superb time. Buen camino

Hi
I arrive in Biarritz and SJPDP on 15th September so start my walking on 16th. Hoping to get as far as Santiago and Finisterra. Time moves on and it is all becoming a bit more real thank goodness. It has been quite an anxious time, in terms of deciding on what to bring with me - I have not carried a rucksack for some time. I plan to stay in hostels, although I am slightly anxious about people snoring....I guess you get used to it!
All good wishes
Meg

Hi
I arrive in Biarritz and SJPDP on 15th September so start my walking on 16th. Hoping to get as far as Santiago and Finisterra. Time moves on and it is all becoming a bit more real thank goodness. It has been quite an anxious time, in terms of deciding on what to bring with me - I have not carried a rucksack for some time. I plan to stay in hostels, although I am slightly anxious about people snoring....I guess you get used to it!
All good wishes
Meg
hi Meg, I arrive in Biarritz 12.35, flying in from Dublin. Plan to hire a car to St. Jean. If you are around same time we can share if you like. Regards, Olga

Hi
All good wishes
Meg
Hi Meg, don't forget your earplugs. :cool:
Wish you a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter. :cool:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello nonami you have already added me to the list. if you could add Sonia Law for me she is also leaving SJPP on sept 5. its also her first camino
Thank you
Poul
Hello Poul I am also looking to leave SJPP on the 5th. Also my first. Maybe I will cross paths with you and Sonia. I am flying into Madrid on the 3rd. Have not made firm plans on how to get to SJPP.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am not sure which day I will start. I land in Madrid on the 3rd around 9:30 am and want to try and make my way to SJ. I s this your first Camino? It is mine and by myself.

I walked a week 2 years ago, alone, however it really was difficult to be totally by yourself, there are always people behind/ahead of you. I joined 2 other girls and it was great to have companions.

Hello Poul I am also looking to leave SJPP on the 5th. Also my first. Maybe I will cross paths with you and Sonia. I am flying into Madrid on the 3rd. Have not made firm plans on how to get to SJPP.
Hello Neila we fly into Paris on the first and will be leave Saturday morning for Sjpp. We will be walking around sjpp Sunday we will watch for you have a great flight
Poul

3. Sometime in September: Brad Williams (St Jean), TarantoLK, SamanthaMarie (St Jean), Marylynn (CF), Kerrychick (Logrono), Jollytz (St Jean), Diana Trent, Eve Cook, ceco (Sarria), Katie Harich (CF), mauveglass (St Jean), KariK (Camino Norte), Guidersue (St Jean)

4. Rossmckay and Margaret (first week), AZgirl (first week September) (Valencia), Bodog (early September), Hal (early September) (Ponferrada), Natalie B (early September) (St Jean), Trudi (early September), Richard Ray (early September) (St Jean)

5. Susanglori (early to mid), JPPreston (approx. second week Sep) (St Jean), TomUK (mid September) (St Jean), Sailor (mid-September) (St Jean), Dot (mid September)

6. Careen (Mid to Late), Tim Wear (late September) (St Jean), BuzzBuzz (late September) (Logrono), jamesw3435 (late September) (CF), Denee +Carol (late September) (Pamplona)

7. EstherBlack (Sep/Oct) (St Jean), SimiK (end of Sept/Oct), Monica Alice Habas (October)

August 24 - Cyndi Knapp (St Jean), Bill Anlyan (St Jean), filly (Arles)
August 27 - St Jean Michelle (Canada)
August 28 - Rupe - Richard and Renee (St Jean), annie Hall (St Jean), NovaScotianAngela and Eileen (St Jean)
August 30 - SGStett (St Jean), Judy and Bert Hayman (St Jean), Jenny Ray (Pamplona), WithybrookIan (St Jean)
August 31 - tpmchugh (Logrono or Pamplona), Dennis Hill ( St Jean), beckymann (St Jean), Steven Bennett (St Jean)
September 1 - Tibby (St Jean), Kathy Cocquyt (St Jean), Terri B (St Jean), Lauren321 (St Jean), Flyguy (St Jean), Jmmmpr (Roncesvalles), EmmaE (St Jean), DarrenCombrink (Porto), Jan Costas + Mike (St. Jean), alexwalker (Burgos)
September 2 - Craig Warren (St Jean), clearskies (Santiago to Finisterre), Diana P (St Jean), Dottie (St Jean), CourtneyZ (St Jean), Oldbikerider (St Jean), Hanna Vacanti (St Jean), PapaSmurf76 (Craig & Jackie) (St Jean), FionaClarke (Burgos), TerryMichael (St Jean)
September 3 - Colopalm (St Jean), Lady Danglebury (Porto), GerdaKHr (Leon), Judy Harrison (St Jean), leegal4 (St Jean)
September 4 - Marc Hamel (St Jean), Zoula (CP), TomasJune2014 (St Jean), Jacky and Kat (St Jean), saskapi (Pamplona), PanAmHwy (St Jean), MargieMac (St Jean)
September 5 - Trevorcc (Valencia then CF then Porto), kmrice (St Jean), mamadoodle (Pamplona), Johann Claasen (St Jean), hikingmd_05 (St Jean), Poul Jensen + Sonia Law (St Jean), Ricay + Diane (Leon), WalkingGeo and Bryan B (St Jean), Spiritualista (St Jean), Nelia L Keiser (St Jean)
September 6 - Steve392 (St Jean), Johanne and Michel (St Jean), Elfmade (St Jean), Kirby852 (St Jean), Thom + Penny (St Jean)
September 7 - Nanc (St Jean), Whetten (St Jean), Ricky Tony and Janell (St Jean), Ginabina (St Jean), John MLT + Alex (St Jean), Raymond Aquilina (St Jean), Shirley Prisco (St Jean), Anna Kutsinskaja (St Jean), Pete Dunn (Irun), Cathy Nikolaidis (St Jean)
September 8 - nonami (St Jean), Deacon Jason (St Jean), Lee Woodhouse (St Jean), shellypaul (St Jean), EMStry +Karin (St Jean), pangea (Paris)
September 9 - TomS ( St Jean), Val S (St Jean) Lynne L (St Jean), julie s (St Jean), Shawnasong (St Jean), Jen Marsden (St Jean), shel (St Jean), Beacher (St Jean), Tedd Cook + Eve (St Jean), Gabip94 (St Jean)
September 10 - Jiffie (St Jean), JKH, Sandcastle (St Jean), Vaggers + 3+3 (CF), Caminomimi (St Jean)
September 11 - Carla and Mary (St Jean), Kasseeopea (St Jean), MaWinMex (St Jean), Bob D. (St Jean), Returning2TheTrail (St Jean), Ashala (St Jean)
September 12 - Nancy Claeys (Leon), Miguel de Flandes (Sevilla), G.White (St Jean), solotraveller (Porto), Vermont Pat (Pamplona), MAK16 (St Jean), SamanthaMarie (St Jean), Pippi1980 (St Jean)
September 13 - Bill Ronan (St Jean), Heather+Catherine+Patty+Jackie (St Jean), Tarquin (St Jean), TomAptos+ Andrea (St Jean)
September 14 - Liz Ward (St Jean), Walkmag (Madrid), Albertagirl (Pau) , Donna and John Beevor-Potts (St Jean), Irish Bernie (Pamplona), Ellie (St Jean), mamadoodle (Irun), BillieBob (St Jean), Curtis (St Jean), Giselleontour (Belorado), christy wharton (St Jean), VeeM (St Jean)
September 15 - Giorgio & Gianni (Pamplona), Jamos (St Jean), LeanneD (St Jean), B&V (St Jean), Walton & Annette (St Jean), Julie Zhou (St Jean), Ninna Hedvall (St Jean), museflex (St Jean), olgaeveraert (St Jean)
September 16 - Liz Murray (St Jean), Bethy446 (St Jean), marylynn (Burgos), Mickey Roberts (St Jean), Dennis Tam & Jim Rondeau (St Jean), Ryan Alexander (St Jean), Steven Forshaw (St Jean), Diarmuid (Sarria), Elizbeth (St Jean), MeliCunn (Sarria)
September 17 - Christian Hiriart (St Jean), Cecy (Valenca), Deanne (St Jean), tbJoe (Pamplona), KellyB (St Jean), falcon269 + 2 generations! (Sarria), Francesco82 (St Jean)
September 18 - DanielH (Burgos), Michael Caleigh(Oviedo), Leora (St Jean), Rose56 (St Jean), Eric Sandnes (Astorga)
September 19 - KerrieG (St Jean), Shira (Sarria), Millszey & Jose Carlos (Sarria), Padders (Najera), markgrubb (St Jean), Hamish72 (St Jean), EFH
September 20 - Camino_Rooky (St Jean), AyerPair (St Jean), sj9 (St Jean), Sandve (Pamplona), DarrenCombrink (Ferrol), AnnChristiansen+ Jeanna (St Jean), Annie Little (St Jean)
September 21 - LesBrass (Seville), Marty and Susan Karpiel (St Jean), mcvett500 (St Jean), Teadrinker41 (Samos)
September 22 - Joodle (St Jean), fredk (St Jean), AlongtheAway (St Jean), Julian & Antoinette (St Jean), Nancy walker (St Jean), Debra Payne + Dyan (St Jean), BlueBowers (Lourdes or Oloron St Marie), wcsjms - Joan & Bill & Rachele & Chad (St Jean)
September 23 - MellisaSue67 (St Jean), 7Wood (Sarria), Mangled99 (Lourdes, CF), Fiona & Trevor, Rachael & Ginnie (St Jean), Erionlmh (St Jean), fredk +Karen (St Jean)
September 24 - sar_sar (St Jean), typerhappy (St Jean), chimp (Roncesvalles)
September 29 - mary j (St Jean), Maltese_Mars (St Jean), grayland (Florence to Rome), Spiritz (Pamplona or St Jean)
Octobe 10 - Clara Montes de Oca (Leon or Astorga)
October 14 - mlhhome (Madrid), BrettP (Irun), Fritz (St Jean to Pamplona then Norte)

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/2016-august-peregrinos-departures.41454/

Moderator edit.

Hi
All good wishes
Meg

Same, that's why I'm buying some of these badboys

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/584645150/isolate-switch-off-your-ears?ref=nav_search

Hi
All good wishes
Meg

P.S We start at the same time. :D

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi
All good wishes
Meg
Meg... bring earplugs ;)

September 14 - Liz Ward (St Jean), Walkmag (Madrid), Albertagirl (Pau) , Donna and John Beevor-Potts (St Jean), Irish Bernie (Pamplona), Ellie (St Jean), mamadoodle (Irun), BillieBob (St Jean), Curtis (St Jean), Giselleontour (Belorado), christy wharton (St Jean), VeeM (St Jean)
September 15 - Giorgio & Gianni (Pamplona), Jamos (St Jean), LeanneD (St Jean), B&V (St Jean), Walton & Annette (St Jean), Julie Zhou (St Jean), Ninna Hedvall (St Jean), museflex (St Jean), olgaeveraert (St Jean)
September 16 - Liz Murray (St Jean), Bethy446 (St Jean), marylynn (Burgos), Mickey Roberts (St Jean), Dennis Tam & Jim Rondeau (St Jean), Ryan Alexander (St Jean), Steven Forshaw (St Jean), Diarmuid (Sarria), Elizbeth (St Jean), MeliCunn (Sarria)
September 17 - Christian Hiriart (St Jean), Cecy (Valenca), Deanne (St Jean), tbJoe (Pamplona), KellyB (St Jean), falcon269 + 2 generations! (Sarria), Francesco82 (St Jean)
September 20 - Camino_Rooky (St Jean), AyerPair (St Jean), sj9 (St Jean), Sandve (Pamplona), DarrenCombrink (Ferrol), AnnChristiansen+ Jeanna (St Jean), Annie Little (St Jean)

Moderator edit.

September 19 Moya and Gayle (Sarria)

Hi
All good wishes
Meg
You are on the list, Meg H. You will have an awesome time. Yes, some of us do snore. Ear plugs are a good idea. Buen camino

Ive added you to the sometime in September October list, Michelle. I hope this is OK. I am sure you will have a splendid time. Buen Camino

September 19 Moya and Gayle (Sarria)
Welocme to the forum, MoyaRose. I have added the both of you to the list. I wish the both of you a fantastic journey. Buen camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Welcome to the forum, Clara. I put both starting places down for you. You will see many of the other pilgrims on this list - the ones starting at St Jean around 18-20th September will be around your starting points on the 10th. Buen camino
Change of plans. I've decided to do the whole thing... I will begin some time around the 10th of October. I'll have to update the spreadsheet. Thanks

Hi
All good wishes
Meg

Hello MegH, I also fly into Biarritz on the 15th from Gatwick arriving at 15.50. If that coincides would you be interested in a Taxi share? Thought to find some walkers at the airport to link up with but as we're there at on the same date......

1. vgen5122(Michael&Vilma) (late August) (St.Jean), junaella (Sarria), MichelleElynHogan (St Jean)

7. EstherBlack (Sep/Oct) (St Jean), SimiK (end of Sept/Oct), Monica Alice Habas (October), Keku (end October) (Porto)

September 16 - Liz Murray (St Jean), Bethy446 (St Jean), marylynn (Burgos), Mickey Roberts (St Jean), Dennis Tam & Jim Rondeau (St Jean), Ryan Alexander (St Jean), Steven Forshaw (St Jean), Diarmuid (Sarria), Elizbeth (St Jean), MeliCunn (Sarria), MegH (St Jean)
September 19 - KerrieG (St Jean), Shira (Sarria), Millszey & Jose Carlos (Sarria), Padders (Najera), markgrubb (St Jean), Hamish72 (St Jean), EFH, MoyaRose +Gayle (Sarria)

Moderator edit.

Tony, Lorelle & Richard (Pamplona)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

We are using Express Bourricot, comes fairly highly recommended on this forum.
They pick up from the airport and drop in SJPdP for €19ea if five or more passengers, and take care of finding others to share the ride for you. Two hours after landing we should be in St Jean.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Change of plans. I've decided to do the whole thing... I will begin some time around the 10th of October. I'll have to update the spreadsheet. Thanks
Hi Clara, I put you down for starting at St Jean. Please let me know if that is incorrect. Buen camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Tony, Lorelle & Richard (Pamplona)
Welcome to the forum tony. I've put the three of you in the "sometime in September" list. Let me know if this is not correct. I am certain the three of you will have a sensational time. Buen camino

Change of dates for me. I arrive in St Jean from Biarritz on the 7th September with a view to start walking on the 8th. Anyone travelling from Biarritz on this day feel free to contact me. Hasta Pronto

Change of dates for me. I arrive in St Jean from Biarritz on the 7th September with a view to start walking on the 8th. Anyone travelling from Biarritz on this day feel free to contact me. Hasta Pronto
I've changed your starting date to the 8th. I am also starting on the same day but travelling from Biarritz on the 6th. Buen camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
As it is getting close anyone starting from Valencia on or around the 6th Sept,?

1. vgen5122(Michael&Vilma) (late August) (St.Jean), junaella (Sarria), MichelleElynHogan (St Jean)

3. Sometime in September: Brad Williams (St Jean), TarantoLK, SamanthaMarie (St Jean), Marylynn (CF), Kerrychick (Logrono), Jollytz (St Jean), Diana Trent, Eve Cook, ceco (Sarria), Katie Harich (CF), mauveglass (St Jean), KariK (Camino Norte), Guidersue (St Jean), tony Osborn+ Lorelle & Richard (Pamplona)

7. EstherBlack (Sep/Oct) (St Jean), SimiK (end of Sept/Oct), Monica Alice Habas (October), Keku (end October) (Porto)

September 8 - nonami (St Jean), Deacon Jason (St Jean), Lee Woodhouse (St Jean), shellypaul (St Jean), EMStry +Karin (St Jean), pangea (Paris), Mickey Roberts (St Jean)
September 16 - Liz Murray (St Jean), Bethy446 (St Jean), marylynn (Burgos), Dennis Tam & Jim Rondeau (St Jean), Ryan Alexander (St Jean), Steven Forshaw (St Jean), Diarmuid (Sarria), Elizbeth (St Jean), MeliCunn (Sarria), MegH (St Jean)
September 19 - KerrieG (St Jean), Shira (Sarria), Millszey & Jose Carlos (Sarria), Padders (Najera), markgrubb (St Jean), Hamish72 (St Jean), EFH, MoyaRose +Gayle (Sarria)
October 10 - Clara Montes de Oca (St Jean?)

Moderator edit.

August 29th - Robb

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Elizabeth

Arrive Biarritz airport Sept 7 at 7:15pm. Hoping to find others to share a taxi to SJPP.

You are on the list, VeeM. Looks quite easy to get to St Jean from Biarritz - airport bus then train - as long as you don't have a late arrival at Biarritz. I hope you have a fantastic time. Buen camino
I am actually arriving at 7pm in Biarritz and have decided to take a taxi to St Jean......can you recommend a place to stay with late arrival option!? Many many thanks!!!! :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am actually arriving at 7pm in Biarritz and have decided to take a taxi to St Jean......can you recommend a place to stay with late arrival option!? Many many thanks!!!! :)
Hi VeeM, we are arriving Biarritz 7:15 and maybe we can share a taxi to SJPP?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Arrive Biarritz airport Sept 7 at 7:15pm. Hoping to find others to share a taxi to SJPP.
I hope I am right in adding you to the list as a September 8th starter? Have a fantastic time. Buen camino. By the way I think VeeM is actually arriving about a week after you.

I am ill equipped to answer this one as it is my first time on Camino Frances. Also my circumstances are certainly different. I chose Beilari because (a) I liked the idea of the communal meal before starting and (b) they offer two night stays. I will arrive at St Jean 39 hours after I leave my home so need the extra night before I tackle St Jean to Roncesvalles.

The excellent resource "All albergues on the Camino Frances" is further down this page in the Resources section.
It has a good list you could use to research. Good luck!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I just arrived in London, UK, last night and have decided to pass through Paris rather than spend a couple of days there. Today I am completing plans to arrive in SJPdP. My planned actual Camino start date will be Aug 25 or 26.

I'm new to this forum and start my first camino on the 5th or 6th of September from SJPDP
It's a great time of the year to go for a walk, according to my wife anyway she walked the Camino Frances in 2013 by herself and she loved it.

Jake -My plane lands at 1705 and I have arranged a taxi for 1730 through Caroline on the taxi forum,so can't share with yourself. For your information it is costing me 19 euros. Might be worth you contacting her as I'm sure she arranges later transport

I just arrived in London, UK, last night and have decided to pass through Paris rather than spend a couple of days there. Today I am completing plans to arrive in SJPdP. My planned actual Camino start date will be Aug 25 or 26.
I've moved your entry to the exact day list. Buen camino

I'm new to this forum and start my first camino on the 5th or 6th of September from SJPDP
Welcome to the forum, guenni63. I've put down the 5th as a starting date. Lots of peregrinos starting around then. I am sure you will have a fantastic time. Buen camino

Hola. I am starting from St Jean on 9/23. Look forward to meeting you on the Way!

[/QUOTE]

Hello! Im Rafael and I'm going for my first camino in 9/16... So, I'll land at Madri in 9/16 morninh, take the train or bus (which one is the better?) to Pamplona and start to walk in 9/17.

I'm planning to walk nearly 30km per day, and arrive into Santiago at 10/12, an very special data for us, brazilian.

Bom caminho a todos!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

3. Sometime in September: Brad Williams (St Jean), TarantoLK, SamanthaMarie (St Jean), Marylynn (CF), Kerrychick (Logrono), Jollytz (St Jean), Diana Trent, Eve Cook, ceco (Sarria), Katie Harich (CF), mauveglass (St Jean), KariK (Camino Norte), Guidersue (St Jean), tony Osborn+ Lorelle & Richard (Pamplona)

August 25 - artsschmidt - Shirley and Alicia, MichelleElynHogan (St Jean)
August 29 - Lilja (St Jean), Nicmen (Lourdes), Pias (St Jean), RBAL (St Jean)
September 5 - Trevorcc (Valencia then CF then Porto), kmrice (St Jean), mamadoodle (Pamplona), Johann Claasen (St Jean), hikingmd_05 (St Jean), Poul Jensen + Sonia Law (St Jean), Ricay + Diane (Leon), WalkingGeo and Bryan B (St Jean), Spiritualista (St Jean), Nelia L Keiser (St Jean), guenni63 (St Jean)
September 8 - nonami (St Jean), Deacon Jason (St Jean), Lee Woodhouse (St Jean), shellypaul (St Jean), EMStry +Karin (St Jean), pangea (Paris), Mickey Roberts (St Jean), Jakemanrl (St Jean)
September 16 - Liz Murray (St Jean), Bethy446 (St Jean), marylynn (Burgos), Dennis Tam & Jim Rondeau (St Jean), Ryan Alexander (St Jean), Steven Forshaw (St Jean), Diarmuid (Sarria), Elizbeth (St Jean), MeliCunn (Sarria), MegH (St Jean), Danny Fox (St Jean)

Moderator edit.

Hi, we are flying into Biarritz on 13th Sept and plan to start from St. Jean on Wed. 14th. This is our first time to attempt the full route - we have done stages as far as Sarria over the past three years, the longest has been for 12 days. Excited / nervous / can't wait!
Buen camino everyone,
Margaret and Joe

It's a great time of the year to go for a walk, according to my wife anyway she walked the Camino Frances in 2013 by herself and she loved it.
Welcome to the forum, guenni63. I've put down the 5th as a starting date. Lots of peregrinos starting around then. I am sure you will have a fantastic time. Buen camino
Thanks to all for the Welcome
Hi I am planning to start on the 5th from SJPDP hope it see you.
that would be a great pleasure to me

Buen camino everyone

Last edited:
Hi! I hope to begin my first Camino from SJPDP around the 9th September. Hope to meet lots of you along the way!
Aoife

Hola. I am starting from St Jean on 9/23. Look forward to meeting you on the Way!

[/QUOTE]
Welcome to the forum, Peggy. I have added your name to the list. Have a fabulous time. Buen camino

Hi! I hope to begin my first Camino from SJPDP around the 9th September. Hope to meet lots of you along the way!
Aoife
Welcome to the forum, Littlepin. You will have a marvellous time. Buen camino

Hi, we are flying into Biarritz on 13th Sept and plan to start from St. Jean on Wed. 14th. This is our first time to attempt the full route - we have done stages as far as Sarria over the past three years, the longest has been for 12 days. Excited / nervous / can't wait!
Buen camino everyone,
Margaret and Joe
The two of you are on the list! I wish you well. Buen camino

Hello! Im Rafael and I'm going for my first camino in 9/16... So, I'll land at Madri in 9/16 morninh, take the train or bus (which one is the better?) to Pamplona and start to walk in 9/17.

I'm planning to walk nearly 30km per day, and arrive into Santiago at 10/12, an very special data for us, brazilian.

Bom caminho a todos!
Done, Rafael! Welcome to the forum. I hope to arrive at Santiago very close to that day so I may see you near the end of my camino. Yes it is Our Lady of Aparecida Day. Buen camino.

August 25 - artsschmidt - Shirley and Alicia, MichelleElynHogan (St Jean)
August 29 - Lilja (St Jean), Nicmen (Lourdes), Pias (St Jean), RBAL (St Jean)
September 5 - Trevorcc (Valencia then CF then Porto), kmrice (St Jean), mamadoodle (Pamplona), Johann Claasen (St Jean), hikingmd_05 (St Jean), Poul Jensen + Sonia Law (St Jean), Ricay + Diane (Leon), WalkingGeo and Bryan B (St Jean), Spiritualista (St Jean), Nelia L Keiser (St Jean), guenni63 (St Jean)
September 8 - nonami (St Jean), Deacon Jason (St Jean), Lee Woodhouse (St Jean), shellypaul (St Jean), EMStry +Karin (St Jean), pangea (Paris), Mickey Roberts (St Jean), Jakemanrl (St Jean)
September 9 - TomS ( St Jean), Val S (St Jean) Lynne L (St Jean), julie s (St Jean), Shawnasong (St Jean), Jen Marsden (St Jean), shel (St Jean), Beacher (St Jean), Tedd Cook + Eve (St Jean), Gabip94 (St Jean), Littlepin (St Jean)
September 14 - Liz Ward (St Jean), Walkmag (Madrid), Albertagirl (Pau) , Donna and John Beevor-Potts (St Jean), Irish Bernie (Pamplona), Ellie (St Jean), mamadoodle (Irun), BillieBob (St Jean), Curtis (St Jean), Giselleontour (Belorado), christy wharton (St Jean), VeeM (St Jean), Margaret A +Joe (St Jean)
September 16 - Liz Murray (St Jean), Bethy446 (St Jean), marylynn (Burgos), Dennis Tam & Jim Rondeau (St Jean), Ryan Alexander (St Jean), Steven Forshaw (St Jean), Diarmuid (Sarria), Elizbeth (St Jean), MeliCunn (Sarria), MegH (St Jean), Danny Fox (St Jean)
September 17 - Cecy (Valenca), Deanne (St Jean), tbJoe (Pamplona), KellyB (St Jean), falcon269 + 2 generations! (Sarria), Francesco82 (St Jean), Rafael Pereira da Silva (Pamplona)
September 18 - DanielH (Burgos), Michael Caleigh(Oviedo), Leora (St Jean), Rose56 (St Jean), Eric Sandnes (Astorga),Christian Hiriart (St Jean)
September 23 - MellisaSue67 (St Jean), 7Wood (Sarria), Mangled99 (Lourdes, CF), Fiona & Trevor, Rachael & Ginnie (St Jean), Erionlmh (St Jean), fredk +Karen (St Jean), Peggy olsen (St Jean)
October 14 - mlhhome (St Jean), BrettP (Irun), Fritz (St Jean to Pamplona then Norte)

Moderator edit.

Luie and Adita Blanco, September 7, 2016. Starting at St. Jean to Santiago.

€46,-
Elizabeth

Yes I am planning to start from St Jean on the 17th of September. My name is Joe Santiso and will be traveling alone

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Elizabeth

Starting at St Jean PdP on the 10th of October

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back