• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2016 September/October Peregrinos

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadFred

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
St Jean-Los Arcos ,Sept, Oct 14'
Los Arcos - Logrono-May16'
Next Logrono to ? - Sept 2019
Ciao /Greetings/Howdy

I'm Joe ( DeadFred) and I am continuing my Camino in September 26th( or May?) 2016 from Los Arcos . I started in St Jean in 2014 and had back issues which are now history ( knock on wood) .

During my pre-2014 Camino I started here on the form a thread for Pilgrims who were beginning their Caminos in Sept. By the time I headed out to trek there were 120+ pilgrims that were able to communicate and connect before they left for their Caminos . This year I want to do the same but this time also include October Peregrino's .

If you would like me to post your handle/date /starting place I will be happy to add it here

Sometime in September/October , not sure of the day
1. Bethy446 (party of 2) (St Jean), Brad Williams (St Jean)
2. Rossmckay and Margaret ( first week )
3. KerrieG
4. AZgirl (first week) -Valencia
5. Bodog (early Sept)
6. Susanglori (early to mid)
7. TarantoLK
8. SamanthaMarie (St Jean)
9. Marylynn
10.Careen( Mid to Late)
---------------------------------------
September 1 -Tibby -(St Jean), Kathy Cocquyt (St Jean)
September 2 - Craig Warren - (St Jean)
September 3- Lilja -(St Jean)
September 4 - Trevorcc Catalan (Logrono) ,Marc Hamel -(St Jean)
September 5
September 6- Steve392 -(St Jean)
September 7 - Nanc (St Jean)
September 8 -nonami (St Jean)
September 9- TomS( St Jean)
September 10 Jiffie - (St Jean)
September 11
September 12 -Nancy Claeys (Leon)
September 13
September 14
September 15
September 16 -Liz Murray -(St Jean)
September 17- Christian Hiriart -(St Jean)
September 18-DanielH (Burgos), YourGreatAunt(Late )-Le Puy
September 19 LesBrass -(St Jean)
September 20 -Camino_Rooky (St Jean)
September 21
September 22 -Joodle (St Jean)
September 23 - MellisaSue67 - (St Jean)
September 24
September 25
September 26
September 27 -Likin( Leon)
September 28
September 29
September 30
------------------------------
October 5 Buzz Radican - (Roncesvalles)
October 9 Scruffy1 Bilbao to CF

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Joe! I just want to thank you for your Brilliant thread last year. I did meet and travel with gmonkey and MonkMoses!!!Both of whom I'd 'met' on your thread.

I tried to get a September thread going this year but haven't had the success that you had, though I am in contact with several Septemberers going in about 3 months.

Will definitely be in touch when I decide my dates and starting point next year. I am officially a camino addict!

Buen camino
Sarah

Hi Joe! I just want to thank you for your Brilliant thread last year. I did meet and travel with gmonkey and MonkMoses!!!Both of whom I'd 'met' on your thread.

I tried to get a September thread going this year but haven't had the success that you had, though I am in contact with several Septemberers going in about 3 months.

Will definitely be in touch when I decide my dates and starting point next year. I am officially a camino addict!

Buen camino
Sarah

Hi Sarah! Great to "See" you again :) Speaking of addicts I can't wait to get back too :) . I met several folks from the thread too on the Camino and still keep in touch with a couple . It was so much fun . Hopefully this new thread will also bring folks together. Let me know when you decide!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ciao /Greetings/Howdy

I'm Joe ( DeadFred) and I am continuing my Camino in September 26th 2016 from Los Arcos . I started in St Jean in 2014 and had back issues which are now history ( knock on wood) .

During my pre-2014 Camino I started here on the form a thread for Pilgrims who were beginning their Caminos in Sept. By the time I headed out to trek there were 120+ pilgrims that were able to communicate and connect before they left for their Caminos . This year I want to do the same but this time also include October Peregrino's .

If you would like me to post your handle/date /starting place I will be happy to add it here
September 1
September 2
September 3
September 4
September 5
September 6
September 7
September 8
September 9
September 10
September 11
September 12
September 13
September 14
September 15
September 16
September 17
September 18
September 19
September 20
September 21
September 22
September 23
September 24
September 25
September 26 - DeadFred ( Los Arcos )
September 27
September 28
September 29
September 30

then theres October
Jiffie, St. Jean, September 10th. Thank you.

Mike, St. Jean, September 7th. Thanks!

Mike, St. Jean, September 7th. Thanks!
Hi Mike I have been trying to set this up for this year but Deadfred's list is for 2016? See title? Perhaps we could do anther one for 2015?
Think I will give it a try,

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Sarah! Great to "See" you again :) Speaking of addicts I can't wait to get back too :) . I met several folks from the thread too on the Camino and still keep in touch with a couple . It was so much fun . Hopefully this new thread will also bring folks together. Let me know when you decide!
Me too Joe I keep in touch with several pilgrims by Facebook and e-mail.
I think you are already getting responses for This year? Unless folks are going twice? We could definitely do with a September 2015 list.

I think you are already getting responses for This year? Unless folks are going twice? We could definitely do with a September 2015 list.
I have started a new one for 2015 hope that's OK? Could you redirect any lost pilgrims who are going this year please? Sarah

Hi Mike I have been trying to set this up for this year but Deadfred's list is for 2016? See title? Perhaps we could do anther one for 2015?
Have set up now, can I add your name?
Oops I did already hope thats Ok? just wanted to show what will look like.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Jiffie, St. Jean, September 10th. Thank you.
Hi Jiffie, this thread is 2016, I have just started another for This year, can I add your name? Are you 2015?
Sarah
Have added to 2015 let me know if OK?

Last edited:
Ciao /Greetings/Howdy

I'm Joe ( DeadFred) and I am continuing my Camino in September 26th 2016 from Los Arcos . I started in St Jean in 2014 and had back issues which are now history ( knock on wood) .

September 1
September 2
September 3
September 4
September 5
September 6
September 7
September 8
September 9
September 10
September 11
September 12
September 13
September 14
September 15
September 16
September 17
September 18
September 19
September 20
September 21
September 22
September 23
September 24
September 25
September 26 - DeadFred ( Los Arcos )
September 27
September 28
September 29
September 30

then theres October

Liz Murray from Australia. I'll be heading off from St Jean (solo) mid Sept 16. Once I'm sure of the actual date I'll update here. Thanks for initiating this thread. I'm a newbie here so hope I can find it again!!

Sarah , Nice having new friends :) . Yes, I have a couple responses for 2016 . Good luck with the 2015 list ,If I run across anyone heading out in Sept I will send them your way

this is a good idea its just a pity it wasnt for the whole year as im setting out in july 2016it would be nice to know who is on the road at the time

this is a good idea its just a pity it wasnt for the whole year as im setting out in july 2016it would be nice to know who is on the road at the time

Start a list for July 2016 .. it's fun and you will be surprised how many people you will become friends with

Last edited:
I should be leaving Bilbao October 9th joining the CF at Logroño, Inshallah, whenever I get there!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am arriving
September 1 in St Jean Pied de Porte - please add me to your list

I am arriving
September 1 in St Jean Pied de Porte - please add me to your list
Tibby .. You going 2015 or 16 ?

I should be leaving Bilbao October 9th joining the CF at Logroño, Inshallah, whenever I get there!
Scruffy ... you going 2015 or 2016 ?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Joe, I'm so glad to hear that you are on the mend, and that you will continue later this year.
We spent Sept 27, 2014 in Los Arcos. Loved Logroño. Prepare for the rains in Galicia. :)
Buen Viaje

Sarah , Nice having new friends :) . Yes, I have a couple responses for 2016 . Good luck with the 2015 list ,If I run across anyone heading out in Sept I will send them your way
Thanks Joe, your list last year was amazing! Glad you are going to return, its addictive isn't it?
Buen Camino
Sarah

Joe, I'm so glad to hear that you are on the mend, and that you will continue later this year.
We spent Sept 27, 2014 in Los Arcos. Loved Logroño. Prepare for the rains in Galicia. :)
Buen Viaje

CaptBuddy! ,, It's amazing what drugs ,rehab and exercise can do to for one . Heading out Sept 2016 with a large raincoat . We started out from St Jean on Sept 26th 2014.. Those Pyrenees kicked my butt ( and back) but this time no Mtns in the beginning . I now wish I had started from Lepuy France to build stamina before hitting those Mtns ,,, all hindsight now . Very Glad to hear from you Capt!.

Ciao /Greetings/Howdy

September 1
September 2
September 3
September 4
September 5
September 6
September 7
September 8
September 9
September 10 Jiffie, St. Jean
September 11
September 12
September 13
September 14
September 15
September 16 Liz Murray , St Jean
September 17
September 18
September 19
September 20
September 21
September 22
September 23
September 24
September 25
September 26 DeadFred ( Los Arcos )
September 27
September 28
September 29
September 30

then theres October
Hi Joe,
Next years trip I am taking the Camino Catalan upto Longrono and then the CF onto Santiago leaving around the 4th September, TrevorCC

Oh my gosh, you are right. I'm going this year 2015!

Ciao /Greetings/Howdy

September 1
September 2
September 3
September 4
September 5
September 6
September 7
September 8
September 9
September 11
September 12
September 13
September 14
September 15
September 17
September 18
September 19
September 20
September 21
September 22
September 23
September 24
September 25
September 27
September 28
September 29
September 30

then theres October

Ciao /Greetings/Howdy

September 1
September 2
September 3
September 4
September 5
September 6
September 7
September 8
September 9
September 11
September 12
September 13
September 14
September 15
September 17
September 18
September 19
September 20
September 21
September 22
September 23
September 24
September 25
September 27
September 28
September 29
September 30

then theres October
I am hoping to start my walk from SJPP on 23 September 2016. Would love to be added to this. Thank you.

Hi! My dad and I haven't solidified dates yet, but we're planning on a September/October 2016 Camino Frances. I'm really excited about the possibility of getting to know some folks who will be there with us! Thanks for starting the thread. :)

Hi! My dad and I haven't solidified dates yet, but we're planning on a September/October 2016 Camino Frances. I'm really excited about the possibility of getting to know some folks who will be there with us! Thanks for starting the thread. :)

I put you on the list :)

I'm Lala and I will be starting on sept 14th from St Jean. (2015).
Hi Lala, I added your date to my 2015 SEPTEMBER PILGRIMS if that's OK? This thread is for next year. If you look at my list you will find the names of other pilgrims you will meet.
Buen camino,Sarah

Hi my name is Deb I live in Geelong. Your the second person I have found so close...
There are a number out there Deb, When and where are u walking. Wish I was back there this year.

There are a number out there Deb, When and where are u walking. Wish I was back there this year.
Good to here from you. I am doing part of the surf and turf Portugal. I leave Melbourne on the 25th August. I am walking from Oia to Bainoa, Redondela, POnteverdra, Caldas DE Rei, Padron, then Santiago = 146km So excited. This Forum is very helpful. I am on the Australian Pilgrims on the Camino De Santiago face book site which is brilliant.. I live in grovedale not far from you..

Ciao /Greetings/Howdy

September 1
September 2
September 3
September 4
September 5
September 6
September 7
September 8
September 9
September 11
September 12
September 13
September 14
September 15
September 17
September 18
September 19
September 20
September 21
September 22
September 23
September 24
September 25
September 27
September 28
September 29
September 30

then theres October
Hi Joe, Buz here, just another old guy out for a walk. Did the CF from Roncesvalles to SdC this year. God willing, plan on doing the same starting 14 September, 2016, from Roncesvalles. Please add me to your list. Thanks and Buen Camino

Last edited:
I'm Lala and I will be starting on sept 14th from St Jean. (2015).
Hola Lala
Great time of year for a Camino Frances start, you are starting a week earlier than I did in 2011. Marvelous weather for me all the way to Santiago. I'm sure you know that the first day is the most arduous, keep hydrated and satiated. Buen Camino, the Way will remain in your heart long after you journey back home.

Vincent

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Joe, Buz here, just another old guy out for a walk. Did the CF from Roncesvalles to SdC this year. God willing, plan on doing the same starting 14 September, 2016, from Roncesvalles. Please add me to your list. Thanks and Buen Camino

Hey Buz! 14 Sept it is ... I have you on the list , Buen Camino

Joe

Well there's no time like the present. The beautiful Margaret and I will be heading out first week of September 2016. I'm not sure if we're starting from SJPdP or not, a lot will depend on the state of Margaret's knees a couple of months before.

Well there's no time like the present. The beautiful Margaret and I will be heading out first week of September 2016. I'm not sure if we're starting from SJPdP or not, a lot will depend on the state of Margaret's knees a couple of months before.

Your posted :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Joe, thanks for inviting me to join the thread. I'm planning for a September 2016 departure (not sure of dates yet) from St Jean. I will be turning 60 Nov.2016. I'm in Sydney, Australia. Plan to go solo at this stage. I'm interested to hear how long people are allowing themselves. I plan to take it easy, take my time, stop at places that interest me and have time up my sleeve in case of sick days or injury and am thinking about 50 days? Oh, also plan to go on to Finesterre and Muxia.

Hello Joe. .. great news that your problems are behind you and you are walking again.

I walked again this April and I am going to walk again next year... it will be September / October time but I'm a bit like the old song... don't know where ... don't know when... but I know I'm walking again!

I may try the via de la plata... but I'm undecided.

All this isn't much use for your calendar. .. but I wanted to say hello :)

Hi Joe, thanks for inviting me to join the thread. I'm planning for a September 2016 departure (not sure of dates yet) from St Jean. I will be turning 60 Nov.2016. I'm in Sydney, Australia. Plan to go solo at this stage. I'm interested to hear how long people are allowing themselves. I plan to take it easy, take my time, stop at places that interest me and have time up my sleeve in case of sick days or injury and am thinking about 50 days? Oh, also plan to go on to Finesterre and Muxia.

Hi KerrieG! .. Easy is good. I gave myself 6 weeks which seems to be, according to some, ample time . Having 8 weeks would really be nice if you can take off that much time.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi,

Thanks for keeping this thread.
I plan on leaving the first week of September from Valencia. Hopefully making it to finesterre sometime in October.

Hi,

Thanks for keeping this thread.
I plan on leaving the first week of September from Valencia. Hopefully making it to finesterre sometime in October.

Posted :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello Joe! I was inspired by this and a few other threads, and started a similar place to connect for November 2015 pilgrims (including those starting in late Oct/early Dec). I hope that's ok! Thanks for the inspiration and ideas :)

Wonderful! ... I'll be sure to pass along your link :)

Hi KerrieG;
Based on my Camino at the same time in 2013 50 days should be very comfortable pace.
You should consider the changing seasons with your wardrobe choices.
When you start it is possible to have days well into the high 20's (or more), but by the end of your walk you will definitely be into chilly mornings.
I did not plan it this way, but I did buy some warmer clothing items on the way when the weather started to turn colder. (gloves, and a hat) I actually ditched some of my less useful articles of clothing (please read as less warm) and pretty much kept my pack at the same weight.
I suggest buying things on The Way based on the weather. The larger centres will have everything you need. (Burgos, Leon, Astorga, Sarria....)
All the best and perhaps we will meet next September.
Buen Camino.
C

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Fred - It's the early hours of the morning in France and I got up as I couldn't sleep... and I couldn't sleep because a thought jumped into my head... and it said walk the Camino Francis again in September 2016... and I have just realised that it was on this day 2 years ago that I joined this forum!

I've umed and ahed about which route to walk so many times but do you know what... I loved the CF and there is a part of me that feels I missed things last time... so I'm thinking that I'll be maybe start around the 19th September 2016 from St Jean... that almost sounds like a plan! :D

Hi Fred - It's the early hours of the morning in France and I got up as I couldn't sleep... and I couldn't sleep because a thought jumped into my head... and it said walk the Camino Francis again in September 2016... and I have just realised that it was on this day 2 years ago that I joined this forum!

I've umed and ahed about which route to walk so many times but do you know what... I loved the CF and there is a part of me that feels I missed things last time... so I'm thinking that I'll be maybe start around the 19th September 2016 from St Jean... that almost sounds like a plan! :D

LesBrass! How good to see you again! Wow , You and I are repeating history it seems . I will be starting from Los Arcos on the 26th so you will be catching up to me sometime around the 2nd week of October . Let's keep in touch ? Maybe we can grab a bite and a pint or vino and toast to Life and share adventures ! I have you posted for the 19th :)

Joe

We are planning our first Camino in early Sept 2016. Seems like so far away but this forum is helping us to prepare a little everyday. Looking forward to connecting with other Sept 2016 peregrinos here.

We are planning our first Camino in early Sept 2016. Seems like so far away but this forum is helping us to prepare a little everyday. Looking forward to connecting with other Sept 2016 peregrinos here.

Bodog! Welcome to the Greatest Camino Resource (ever) Ivar's Camino Forum .. followed close second by this thread :) . Sept 2016 is not that far off Bodog so you picked a perfect time to start your planning. Everything you will need to know is on this forum . Best of luck in your research . I will post your name on the list as undecided September 2016
Joe

Looks like a change of plans .. I will be going now in May 2016 not September .If anyone would like to adopt this thread please let me know .

Looks like a change of plans .. I will be going now in May 2016 not September .If anyone would like to adopt this thread please let me know .
Lucky you! How exciting! But boo to the fact that you won't be on our list anymore. :(

I'm hoping to start in Lourdes this time in early September 2016, going to SJPDP sometime in the second week September and heading out on the Camino Frances. Once I get to Sarria I'm going to take the train back to Leon and go North up t San Salvador then do the Primitivo from Oviedo to Santiago.

Hey all.
This is a great idea. I'm hoping to be starting my camino on 6th sept 2016 from SJPDD.
So far all my planning has gone very well, although it is early days.
I'm going to keep a close eye on this thread to see who else is leaving at approximately the same time. It would be great to meet you all and put faces to names.
In the meantime , more planning and getting fitter to do.
Buen Camino
Steve

Hey all.
This is a great idea. I'm hoping to be starting my camino on 6th sept 2016 from SJPDD

Hi Steve! .. I have you on the list for the 6th . Let me know if the date changes,

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hey everyone! I am planning a Sept/Oct Camino 2016! I'm so excited. I'm not sure of the exact date yet because I'm planning some other travel in France for right before I start. Great thread.
Safe travels everyone!

Hey everyone! I am planning a Sept/Oct Camino 2016! I'm so excited. I'm not sure of the exact date yet because I'm planning some other travel in France for right before I start. Great thread.
Safe travels everyone!

Sounds awesome ! I have you posted. Let me know when your date is set and I'll edit . :)

Ciao /Greetings/Howdy

I'm Joe ( DeadFred) and I am continuing my Camino in September 26th( or May?) 2016 from Los Arcos . I started in St Jean in 2014 and had back issues which are now history ( knock on wood) .

Sometime in September , not sure of the day
1. Bethy446 (party of 2) St Jean
3. KerrieG
5. Bodog (early Sept)
7. TarantoLK

September 1 Tibby - St Jean
September 2 Craig Warren - St Jean
September 3 Lilja -St Jean
September 4 Trevorcc Catalan>CF(Logrono) > Stdc
September 5
September 6- Steve392 -St Jean
September 7
September 8
September 9
September 10 Jiffie - St. Jean
September 11
September 12
September 13
September 14
September 15
September 16 Liz Murray - St Jean
September 17- Christian Hiriart -St Jean
September 18
September 19 LesBrass - St Jean
September 20
September 21
September 22
September 23 MellisaSue67 - St Jean
September 24
September 25
September 26
September 27
September 28
September 29
September 30
October 5 Buzz Radican - Roncesvalles

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I will be starting my first camino around the 12th of
september, starting at Léon...so exited already, but a bit nervous too, first time traveling on my own.. but the camino keeps calling me :)
Hi Nancy ... Nervous is Good , Actually you won't be alone for long , you will meet many great Pilgrims with butterflies just like you :) Your posted
Joe

Welcome Nancy. I'm old, but I still remember the first time of travelling alone. You are right - it's exhilarating but also nerve racking.

You have plenty of friends awaiting for you on the Camino, you just have to discover them.

Hello Joe and Kanga,
Thank you botth for your weloming. The thing that worries me the most in fact is that I start at Léon, (due to the fact that 3 weeks is the limit for me leaving my kids and my husband behind :)) so i'm a bit afraid that when I start, everyone on track on that moment has already met eachother, cause I see that most people start their way at Saint Jean... But that sort of thinking of me is just the reason that I'm doing this camino. :) I am a surviving twin, my brother died at birth, I'm quite alright with that now, but the trauma of "staying alone behind" is haunting me ever since I was born... even on the preparations of doing the camino the same matter seems to turn up :) ... this will be an overwinning on myself if I make it :)

[QUOTE="Nancy Claeys, post: 358107, member: 50973" on myself if I make it :)[/QUOTE]

on myself "WHEN" I make it ... Fret on the important things (shoes, backpack weight, health) , put aside worrying on the stuff you cannot control.

Rule of thumb for me is asking myself what I was worrying on this time last year ... I inevitably answer " I can't remember".

Buen Camino
Joe

Ciao /Greetings/Howdy

3. KerrieG
5. Bodog (early Sept)
7. TarantoLK

September 1 Tibby - St Jean
September 2 Craig Warren - St Jean
September 3 Lilja -St Jean
September 4 Trevorcc Catalan>CF(Logrono) > Stdc
September 5
September 6- Steve392 -St Jean
September 7
September 8
September 9
September 10 Jiffie - St. Jean
September 11
September 12 Nancy Claeys (Leon)
September 13
September 14
September 15
September 16 Liz Murray - St Jean
September 17- Christian Hiriart -St Jean
September 18
September 19 LesBrass - St Jean
September 20
September 21
September 22
September 23 MellisaSue67 - St Jean
September 24
September 25
September 26
September 27
September 28
September 29
September 30
October 5 Buzz Radican - Roncesvalles

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
HI,

My partner Ed and I will be starting around Sept 4, 2016 from SJPP. I'm looking forward to using this forum to get help from people who have walked the Camino Frances before. I will be 64 in Sept and Ed will be 67 and we decided that we just could not wait any longer if our bodies are going to make this trip!

HI,

My partner Ed and I will be starting around Sept 4, 2016 from SJPP. I'm looking forward to using this forum to get help from people who have walked the Camino Frances before. I will be 64 in Sept and Ed will be 67 and we decided that we just could not wait any longer if our bodies are going to make this trip!
The Old Guy here. I walked the CF May - June this year, at the tender age of 70. Already planning my 2016 CF starting 5 Oct, 2016. Given we are about the same age (I can still remember when I was 64), maybe I can answer a few of your questions. Buen Camino and Merry Christmas.

Ciao /Greetings/Howdy

3. KerrieG
5. Bodog (early Sept)
7. TarantoLK

September 1 Tibby -(St Jean)
September 2 Craig Warren - (St Jean)
September 3 Lilja -(St Jean)
September 4 Trevorcc Catalan (Logrono) ,Marc Hamel -(St Jean)
September 5
September 6- Steve392 -(St Jean)
September 7
September 8
September 9
September 10 Jiffie - (St Jean)
September 11
September 12 Nancy Claeys (Leon)
September 13
September 14
September 15
September 16 Liz Murray -(St Jean)
September 17- Christian Hiriart -(St Jean)
September 18
September 19 LesBrass -(St Jean)
September 20
September 21
September 22
September 23 MellisaSue67 - (St Jean)
September 24
September 25
September 26
September 27
September 28
September 29
September 30
October 5 Buzz Radican - (Roncesvalles)

€60,-
Have a Wonderful Christmas !

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Where are you starting from? I'm planning for about the 16th of September traveling from Ontario. Really looking forward to it.

Buen Camino

Thank you for doing this DeadFred. I will be starting at St Jean on either 7th or 8th September 2016.

Done ... Listed :)

Thank you for making this thread! It looks like we'll be able to head out some point in Sept. 2016! I am SO excited! Not sure of the date yet, as we're waiting to see what college the kiddo gets in to! Once we know what school/start date I'll update! We will be doing the CF from SJPP :) Please add me to the list!

Thank you for making this thread! It looks like we'll be able to head out some point in Sept. 2016! I am SO excited! Not sure of the date yet, as we're waiting to see what college the kiddo gets in to! Once we know what school/start date I'll update! We will be doing the CF from SJPP :) Please add me to the list!
Your on it! Buen Camino :)

September 2016, planning the Portuguese Way, any one doing this one?

September 2016, planning the Portuguese Way, any one doing this one?
Hi Cecy, my wife and I will be walking the Camino Portuguese in September as well.
Maybe we meet you never know.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

€60,-
Hi Samantha, it's a nice time of the year to walk the Camino Frances. My wife did here Camino in September 2013 and she loved it. Wish you also a great experience and a Buen Camino, Peter.

HI,

Wish you both a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi Cecy, my wife and I will be walking the Camino Portuguese in September as well.
Maybe we meet you never know.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi Peter
That's awesome, I am a little nervous since I will be going solo and Im still working on the details but planning on leaving Houston on th 16th of Sept, I pray that my tickets dont go up so much that it prevents me from taking this trip. Researching as much I can, hoping to purchase my ticket next month!!

Hope to meet you and your wife somewhere along our journey! Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Great Idea Joe. I am planning to start early Sept 2016 from St Jean. Not sure of exact dates until I book my flights.

Hopfully I meet up with some of you along the way.

Hi all, last night I was told that I would never make the Camino, that Im so out of shape there is no way to get in shap in 9 months to do the walk. I feel a little disheartened that someone would tell me that. I feel it in my heart that I can and that now that my children are grown I need to live my live and this journey is to find my purpose in life now that its just me and my mother.

Sorry, just venting, i feel I needed to share this with others that have done the Camino, others that may be seekers like me

Hi all, last night I was told that I would never make the Camino, that Im so out of shape there is no way to get in shap in 9 months to do the walk. I feel a little disheartened that someone would tell me that. I feel it in my heart that I can and that now that my children are grown I need to live my live and this journey is to find my purpose in life now that its just me and my mother.

Sorry, just venting, i feel I needed to share this with others that have done the Camino, others that may be seekers like me
Unless your doctor told you that and your doctor understands what the Camino is I would not pay attention to this comment. Assuming you are thinking of walking the Frances, you can walk very short stages on the vast majority of days. I can only think of a few spots where there are no stops within 15 km of each other.

I don't know you, nor what shape you are in, but unless you were planning of walking from SJPP to Santiago in 30 days or so, if you have more time to walk it, or if you are OK walking only part of it this first time, then I would say 'yes you can'. You don't have to walk the Napoleon route, you can hire a horse to climb O'Cebreiro, you can take 60 days to walk the whole route if you want/need to, you can walk 5 or 10 km a day, you can book your bed ahead of time in private albergues to garantee you will have one, no matter what your pace is.

I hope this encourgaes you a bit.

€60,-
Hi Cecy, who told you that? If it's your doctor and you have medical issues then yes, of course I'd pay attention and investigate...
If the comments come from someone else, who may never have walked a camino, I wouldn't panic. Have you tried a few longish walks and how do you feel afterwards? Start with shorter ones, then increase the distance and also walk carrying your backpack. See how you feel.
Of course it is by no means 'a walk in the park' but I have seen people walking of all ages and different levels of fitness.
Never say never!

Unless your doctor told you that and your doctor understands what the Camino is I would not pay attention to this comment. Assuming you are thinking of walking the Frances, you can walk very short stages on the vast majority of days. I can only think of a few spots where there are no stops within 15 km of each other.

I don't know you, nor what shape you are in, but unless you were planning of walking from SJPP to Santiago in 30 days or so, if you have more time to walk it, or if you are OK walking only part of it this first time, then I would say 'yes you can'. You don't have to walk the Napoleon route, you can hire a horse to climb O'Cebreiro, you can take 60 days to walk the whole route if you want/need to, you can walk 5 or 10 km a day, you can book your bed ahead of time in private albergues to garantee you will have one, no matter what your pace is.

I hope this encourgaes you a bit.

Thank you for your kind words, yes this is encouraging. I wish I was walking the entire Camino, for work reasons I only have sept 16 to sept 25 and I am planning the Portugese way from Valenca, that why I kept telling that family member that I could do this, the Camino is pulling and I know the thought of a deeper sense of Gods love is awaiting me! I still working out the route and how to get from airport and back after Santiago.

I am glad I found this forum, i feel i can talk to like minded people sharing a journey.

€83,-
Hi Cecy, who told you that? If it's your doctor and you have medical issues then yes, of course I'd pay attention and investigate...
If the comments come from someone else, who may never have walked a camino, I wouldn't panic. Have you tried a few longish walks and how do you feel afterwards? Start with shorter ones, then increase the distance and also walk carrying your backpack. See how you feel.
Of course it is by no means 'a walk in the park' but I have seen people walking of all ages and different levels of fitness.
Never say never!

No, a family member that doesn't understand the NEED my soul feels to do this. Yes, i am starting back on my walking plan, i was walking at least 5 miles a day and will be going to the g for strength training in order to endure carrying my bpack.

Thank you for your words of encouragement very much appreciated!

As people already think Im just weird!!

So 100km over 10 days, assuming the dates you have listed are walking days? You can do that! Now, if the 10 days include travel time, depending on where ypu live it may be more challenging. From Montreal I plan 2 days to get to my starting point, and another 2 from Santiago home.

I suggest you plot the albergues en route, figure out the distance between each one and see if the stages that gives you seem reasonable, even if a bit challenging.

You have joined the right forum: noone here will think you are weird for wanting to do this, we actually think those who don't get it may be a little strange ;).

Just make sure you carry as little as possible, have good walking shoes you will have tested and vaseline for your feet.

So 100km over 10 days, assuming the dates you have listed are walking days? You can do that! Now, if the 10 days include travel time, depending on where ypu live it may be more challenging. From Montreal I plan 2 days to get to my starting point, and another 2 from Santiago home.

I suggest you plot the albergues en route, figure out the distance between each one and see if the stages that gives you seem reasonable, even if a bit challenging.

You have joined the right forum: noone here will think you are weird for wanting to do this, we actually think those who don't get it may be a little strange ;).

Just make sure you carry as little as possible, have good walking shoes you will have tested and vaseline for your feet.

Yes, it includes travel time, from Houston. I will be working this out, ive been reading the guide and will be planning out the albuergues.

im glad I'm not the only one that thinks that.

Im still unsure what kind of shoes to get

Yes, it includes travel time, from Houston. I will be working this out, ive been reading the guide and will be planning out the albuergues.

im glad I'm not the only one that thinks that.

Im still unsure what kind of shoes to get
Lots of info on footwear on this forum. Some need ankle support, others like Goretex, others have walked in sandals. What ever you choose, try it out forma few walks at home. Enjoy the research and planning!

€83,-
Lots of info on footwear on this forum. Some need ankle support, others like Goretex, others have walked in sandals. What ever you choose, try it out forma few walks at home. Enjoy the research and planning!

Yes, im finding a lot of good information and inspiration to keep my plan moving.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Hey Cecy,
I've had similar comments from a few people who are negative about me wanting to do my first camino and I also have 9 months to get myself fitter.
I've just come to the conclusion that they are just jealous and not willing to test themselves on such an amazing adventure that lays ahead for you, me and other pilgrims this year. So be it, everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's not going to change my mind at all.
I've been walking as a hobby/pastime for many years and the one thing that I've learnt from all the miles I've covered is that your body is capable of taking you further and for longer than you can imagine. There is one tip that I always give to everyone that I meet who is starting out though, it's simply take care of your feet. It's a simple piece of advise but so important.
I've no doubt that you will be able to get yourself fit for your camino and I hope you enjoy your planning and the forum.
Good luck with your training.
Happy new year and Buen camino.
Steve.

€83,-

First of all, 9 months is plenty of time to prepare even for the most unfit.
Second, ask yourself WHY are they telling you this? Genuine concern or envy or something else?
Third, you do deserve to live your own life, not theirs.
Fourth, BUEN CAMINO! SY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back