Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2018 Invierno guide is posted!

peregrina2000

Staff member
I had troubles uploading the new version yesterday and thought I hadn't been able to upload it, but @Albertagirl tells me it is up!

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/invierno-forum-guide.535/

She also told me that there is a new private albergue in Lalín, you can get info on gronze. That information is not in the 2018 version, this was the first I heard of it. It is the first item in my file for the 2019 edition.

Anyone who uses this 2018 version will see that there are several places where information is needed or unverified. I haven't been to the Invierno in a couple of years and have no plans to be back soon. So for the guide to stay current and accurate, we have to rely on forum members who use it. Looking forward to lots of corrections and updates from 2018 Invierno pilgrims!

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I had troubles uploading the new version yesterday and thought I hadn't been able to upload it, but @Albertagirl tells me it is up!

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/invierno-forum-guide.535/

She also told me that there is a new private albergue in Lalín, you can get info on gronze. That information is not in the 2018 version, this was the first I heard of it. It is the first item in my file for the 2019 edition.

Anyone who uses this 2018 version will see that there are several places where information is needed or unverified. I haven't been to the Invierno in a couple of years and have no plans to be back soon. So for the guide to stay current and accurate, we have to rely on forum members who use it. Looking forward to lots of corrections and updates from 2018 Invierno pilgrims!
Thankyou so much Laurie. Perfect timing. Your work is really appreciated. I should be hitting the trail ‘around’ April 7 .. .. I’ll definitely report anything I find to you.
Annie

Last edited by a moderator:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

I plan to stay overnight in new albergue in Lalin (taxi from/to Estacion de Lalin on Sanabres) around May 21st and will report back.
It is located near the main church and plaza. This is what I have about it:
Lalin (ALL)
A
(20pl, PRIV, »Albergue de Lalin Centro«, c/Observatorio 8-2, emilianomeijome@gmail.com, 610-207-992 or 649-915-381, K, MW, FR, WF) 10€

It has 20 places, kitchen, microwave oven, fridge and wi-fi.

Thanks, Laurie! See you in Salamanca soon???????
Hola, Charrito!
I plan to be in Zamora around May 1st. Already booked hostal in fear that everything will be full on Labour Day. Will get in touch few days prior and we can kill a beer or two :)

I plan to stay overnight in new albergue in Lalin (taxi from/to Estacion de Lalin on Sanabres) around May 21st and will report back.
It is located near the main church and plaza. This is what I have about it:
Lalin (ALL)
A
(20pl, PRIV, »Albergue de Lalin Centro«, c/Observatorio 8-2, emilianomeijome@gmail.com, 610-207-992 or 649-915-381, K, MW, FR, WF) 10€

It has 20 places, kitchen, microwave oven, fridge and wi-fi.

Hola, Charrito!
I plan to be in Zamora around May 1st. Already booked hostal in fear that everything will be full on Labour Day. Will get in touch few days prior and we can kill a beer or two :)

You can always come down to Salamanca and stay with me! We'll speak, anyway. Buen camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks, Laurie! See you in Salamanca soon???????

I think it is very unlikely that I can walk from Almería to Salamanca in the time I have, but I will do my darndest. I like walking long distances and this gives me an incentive. But it's more realistic to think I will make it to Calzada de Béjar or somewhere near there. Since I am flying out of Madrid, I assume a bus transfer in Salamanca is in my future, so maybe we could meet up while I am in transit!

I think it is very unlikely that I can walk from Almería to Salamanca in the time I have, but I will do my darndest. I like walking long distances and this gives me an incentive. But it's more realistic to think I will make it to Calzada de Béjar or somewhere near there. Since I am flying out of Madrid, I assume a bus transfer in Salamanca is in my future, so maybe we could meet up while I am in transit!
You're not going on Torres, Laurie???

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hola Laurie!! Looking at the Guide for the Invierno...planning a second go at it! I think maybe there is a miss on one of the road numbers. Or I've gone completely directionally blind and can't find my way out of a paper bag! Leaving Escairon on the LU-617 it says to turn left at the cheese factory onto LU-P-5807. I can't find where they intersect...after leaving town. But I do find LU-P-5806, and what appears to be a cheese factory...and then the distance to Diamonde is about 4k which seems to be right. Could some one else do a little checking here? I could be wrong...but if I can help someone else not make a misstep :) (myself included!! Now off to walk to get ready for a fall Camino!!

Hola Laurie!! Looking at the Guide for the Invierno...planning a second go at it! I think maybe there is a miss on one of the road numbers. Or I've gone completely directionally blind and can't find my way out of a paper bag! Leaving Escairon on the LU-617 it says to turn left at the cheese factory onto LU-P-5807. I can't find where they intersect...after leaving town. But I do find LU-P-5806, and what appears to be a cheese factory...and then the distance to Diamonde is about 4k which seems to be right. Could some one else do a little checking here? I could be wrong...but if I can help someone else not make a misstep :) (myself included!! Now off to walk to get ready for a fall Camino!!
I was the one who found this alternative, and I guarantee that you can't go wrong! The only problem is that Laurie (or more likely me!) has got the number of the road wrong! It's about four kilometres from Escairón along the LU-617 to the cheese factory (Celega), where you turn left up the LU-P-5806 (NOT the 5807). From there it's roughly another 4 kilometres to the beautiful church at Diomondi, from where you start the descent to Belesar.

Please pm me if you have any more doubts.

Buen Camino!

I was the one who found this alternative, and I guarantee that you can't go wrong! The only problem is that Laurie (or more likely me!) has got the number of the road wrong! It's about four kilometres from Escairón along the LU-617 to the cheese factory (Celega), where you turn left up the LU-P-5806 (NOT the 5807). From there it's roughly another 4 kilometres to the beautiful church at Diomondi, from where you start the descent to Belesar.

Please pm me if you have any more doubts.

Buen Camino!
Aha, another correction for the 2019 guide. Thanks so much for pointing this out Charrito. I take full responsibility for the wrong number.

Buen camino, @ksam. Thanks for finding the mistake, it will be corrected. As far as I know, @Charrito is the only one who has done this alternative, so your feedback would be invaluable. How are you thinking about dividing up the stages?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Aha, another correction for the 2019 guide. Thanks so much for pointing this out Charrito. I take full responsibility for the wrong number.

Buen camino, @ksam. Thanks for finding the mistake, it will be corrected. As far as I know, @Charrito is the only one who has done this alternative, so your feedback would be invaluable. How are you thinking about dividing up the stages?

Hola! Not quite sure about the breakdown yet. But probably staying in Escairon this time around. I stayed at the lovely Casa Rural owned by the Brit/Netherlands expats. But am looking to manage my route a little different this time around. If not I'll be calling them to bail me out again!! HA!! Making it straight thru to Chantada would be a bit much for me. Especially that bit down to the river and then back up again! But still early days in my plotting and planning!

Muchas Gracias to both Laurie and Charrito!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back