A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Taxi Share 2018 TAXI SHARE Thread Biarritz/Bayonne to SJPP

William Marques

Staff member
Donating Member
As there are people looking to share on this route I have started a thread for 2018.

It is suggested you contact each other by the Conversation function to make arrangements. To the left of the a post there is the persons name and avatar click either and press the "Start a Conversation" button that appears.

May I also suggest that when you have found someone to share or have made the journey that you delete your post so that only current share offers and requests are on the thread.

All individual threads related to taxis from Bayonne or Biarritz to SJPP will be merged into this one so please do not cause the moderators extra work by starting your own thread.

If you are going to give a date which you want to share on please write it as 2nd July 2018 as 2/7/18 or 7/2/18 can be misunderstood by people on different sides of the Atlantic.

Useful information carried over from the previous Biarritz to SJPP Taxi thread.

Make sure you contact Caroline at Express Burricot <apcaroline@hotmail.com>. Chances are you'll end up riding with her anyway!

My advice to you all is - Don't panic. Caroline at Burricott Express is very good at infilling the minibuses. So whenever you are going either book (if you can) or email to ask if you can share an already booked taxi. I think you can be confident of infill taking place most of the times. If you have booked and are worried about ending up paying most of the cost, then I have only one thing to say - relax, let the Camino provide, let this be an early opportunity for you to let go and go with the flow.

If you're looking for people to share with also check the Beilari website http://www.beilari.info/en

"I never used them but also got a good fare from Bertrand at Bertrand - BIP TAXI <info@bip-taxi-hendaye.com>"

"My husband and I arrived in Biarritz two years ago and simply asked people carrying backpacks and waiting outside the airport if they wanted to share a taxi to SJPP (very easy to differentiate pilgrims from holiday in Biarritz folks). Within 5 minutes we had a group of 5 people together and on our way. I think it cost us about €25 per person and we were there within an hour. Oh, and we met a guy whom we ended up walking with and who has become a great friend. Just roll with the experience, I say!"

Useful information can also be found in
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/comm...-other-information-on-biarritz-to-sjpp.25157/

Advertisment

Robo

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
Alone.
------------------------------
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
with my wife Pat.
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
together again :-)
Just make sure they (EB) know beforehand.
I turned up at Bayonne with a couple of 'friends' I met on the train and was told that they were lucky to get seats as EB will try to fill the seats themselves effectively doing the ride sharing bit for you..... ;);)

Camino(s) past & future
will start first stage on French camino starting SJPP on May 8th 2018
Hi all, My wife and I are arriving in Biarritz on May 8th 2108 from Dublin at 13.10, to begin our first Camino, I have booked tranfer to SJPP via express bourricot collecting us at 13.30 and was wondering if any other pilgrims are on the same time line and would like to share transport costs.

Iano

Camino(s) past & future
Astorga to Santiago April 2017
Thanks Kirkie,
Will have a look at blablacar. If all else fails it will be the bus and train. At least flight is in early enough to give plenty of time to get to SJPdP.

Advertisment

davebugg

DustOff: "When I have your wounded."
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
When you get to the main airport entrance, look for other pilgrims -- backpacks, shells, patches -- and ask if anyone would like to share your taxi. There's an excellent chance that you'll have several folks who would be eager to accept.

davebugg

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Between the waiting area to board your flight to Biarritz and when you are at the main entrance at Biarritz airport, look for other pilgrims heading to SJPdP (backpacks, shells, patches on clothing or packs, etc.). Ask if anyone would like to share your taxi, or if anyone has a ride they'd like to share. You may even meet your new best Camino friend in doing so. :)

davebugg

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
I don't think it us possible to get accommodation in SJDPDP THAT late at night you would have to travel the next day. The shuttle bus seems the best option
It is possible IF arrangements are made ahead of time via a reservation with notice of a late arrival. Most often the accommodation would be at something other than an alburgue; but most of the private hostals, rurals, and hotels in SJPdP will take a late check-in if notified accordingly. :)

Marino973

Camino(s) past & future
may2018
Aye ! Arriving by plane in Biarritz airport the 9th May mid AM i m looking for people wanting to join Saint Jean Pied de Port sharing a taxi. Between 11 and 12 Am time to pick up the bag
My 1st Camino . So happy
:)

Camino(s) past & future
2018 (partial) 2019 (finish from previous year)
Hello,

I am planning well in advance.
Flying from CDG to Biarritz France on EZ Jet Flight 3701 arriving on the the 25th September at 12:15. I have reserved Express Bouriccoute which will pick me up at the Biarritz airport at 1pm. The van can hold 8 people. The more the cheaper. If you are traveling that day and route I encourage you to contact Express Baricout and make a res today. https://www.expressbourricot.com/persons-transport/

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sept 2016
Camino Portuguse Oct (2018)
Express Bouricott will be scheduling as many people for the shuttle as space is available for the time you have scheduled. It may be fully booked as we speak :)
Bad planning on our part. We arrive on the 24th September. Buen Camino

Camino(s) past & future
Cycled from León to Santiago (2017)
Anone interested in sharing taxi (Express Bourricot) on June 21st at 13.00 from airport direct to St Jean Pied de Port? Traveling from Dublin on the Ryanair flight (FR1982).

davebugg

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Express Bouricott is less expensive per rider than a taxi and they fill the shuttle with others arriving at around your departure schedule.

https://www.expressbourricot.com/contact-and-booking/

You can also just walk to the main entrance of the airport and there will be other pilgrims that would be glad to share a taxi, or may have a ride that you can share.

jordy11

Camino(s) past & future
2nd April (2018)
Train reservation not necessary. You can get ticket for train in Bayonne station rarely full , easy bus ride with many fellow pilgrims to Bayonne la Gare for 2 euro.

Catch bus directly outside airport entrance.

Buen Camino
I thought the reservation is not necessary from Bayonne to SJPP. But the website www.oui.sncf today doesn't give me trains anymore, then I panicked in case every train is full. :O

Camino(s) past & future
Spring 2018
I took express bourricort yesterday. When I booked I was the only pilgrim. Yesterday they had 2 shuttles full of pilgrims at 5pm. I took Mikel a pilgrim waiting at the bus/taxi area over to the shuttle. $19 Euros. Lots of Traffic because of the Easter holiday. The only way to go.

MickMac

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances July 2018 - Meseta
Bus normally goes from carpark beside train station when line is out.

Monasp

I'm a manager of pilgrims office in SJPP
Camino(s) past & future
Camino in 2008.
can someone please give me transport advice for arrival to biarritz on sept8 saturday@915 am?
i emailed express bouricat transport and they have replied saying they dont have a transport going that way for that day.... my question is do the other forms of transport accept cc and is there amoney exchange in biarritz airport? where should i look for fellow peregrinos once im at the airport?? View attachment 40776
Hi, on the morning there is a bus from Biarritz airport to train station of Bayonne (Bayonne - Biarritz are very close). On the afternoon there are trains from Bayonne to SJPP. See you soon

paddyfox

Camino(s) past & future
starting on 16th june 2018
2 of us are landing from Ireland at Biarritz on the 16 June at 3pm. We would like to share a taxi from Biarritz to St Jean de pied if anyone is interested

Robo

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
Alone.
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
with my wife Pat.
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
together again :-)
If you book with these guys they will try to fill the car/van and split the cost.
They also show spare seats available for booking.
https://www.expressbourricot.com/

CiaraC

Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese Coastal Route - Summer 2016
French Route - Summer 2018
Hoping to book transport for after 5pm on the 19th, 20th or 21st of May if anyone else is going at that time?

Camino(s) past & future
Aye ! Arriving by plane in Biarritz airport the 9th May mid AM i m looking for people wanting to join Saint Jean Pied de Port sharing a taxi. Between 11 and 12 Am time to pick up the bag
My 1st Camino . So happy
My 1st Camino . So happy
Hi I would like to share a ride with you on 9th May. I arrive in Biarritz about 10h. This is also my first Camino. Thank you

Camino(s) past & future
Cycled from León to Santiago (2017)
I am beginning my second Camino on the 21st of June. I will be traveling from Dublin to Biarritz on the Ryanair flight arriving mid-day. I have booked a minibus/taxi to go direct from the airport to St Jean Pied de Port as I intend to commence walking that afternoon. Is anyone interested in sharing the minibus/taxi? The company I have booked is Express Bourricot. The more people on the bus the lower the price.

This is my second Camino. I cycled last year but I am walking for my second one.

suzan ipek

Camino(s) past & future
none
Hi! I'll be arriving into Biarritz Airport either the 3rd or the 4th of June around 17:00, it's an awkward time to get to St Jean Pied de Port with public transportation. Would a few people like to hire a shuttle together to reduce the cost?

Frank66

Camino(s) past & future
May/June 2016 Camino Frances
September (2017) First stage of Camino Portugués
Hi all,
I'm arriving in Biarritz at around 1700 on 30th September and wondered if anyone had similar travel plans. I wanted to use Express Bouricott to travel to St Jean, but mine is the only request they have received for that day which makes it an expensive option.
I have used them on 2 previous Caminos and they are very reliable (and inexpensive if several people share the transport)
Please get in touch, either by this post if this would fit in to your plans.
Failing that, any advice or suggestions gratefully received.
Buen Camino :D

Devon Mike

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Finisterre & Muxia (2014, 2015, 2016 & 2018), Primitivo & Ingles (2017)
I have arrived in SJPP on that last train and then gone straight to the Pilgrim Office which stays open to issue credencials to people coming in on that last train. They also got me a bed so no problem. If you want to book ahead, then ask them if arrival on the last train would be OK.

Frank Mestre

Let’s Camino
Camino(s) past & future
1st. Camino coming up 29th. April
Camino Frances here I come.
I have arrived in SJPP on that last train and then gone straight to the Pilgrim Office which stays open to issue credencials to people coming in on that last train. They also got me a bed so no problem. If you want to book ahead, then ask them if arrival on the last train would be OK.
Ok Mike thanks for that. I will do that. I'll see if I get a party together first. Thanks mate.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances June/July 2015 with Jam
Starting Camino Frances 11 April 2018 :)
Hi, I got in just before 5pm tonight and wanted to take the train but felt it was a bit close time wise so decided for staying in biarritz and I didn't want to spend 84 euros on a taxi - my original quote. So I decided in staying in biarritz and bus or train in the morning. There was people on my flight who taxi shared with express bourricot - there was quite a lot few people getting together, so I could have joined them - had I only stuck with it. As for tomorrow morning I was going to take the bus in the morning but express bourricot got back to me with a sharing option for 10am - initially 84 euros but now 28 - I feel they are trying very hard to gather car loads :) and they got back in touch even though I didn't accept the 84 euro booking :). So I'm in biarritz at present - had a lovely wander in the rain with wild seas and old beautiful buildings and now enjoying pizza and sangria - not complaining :). Let express bourricot know when you intend to travel and see what they come up with or enjoy Biarritz but don't the stress :) they are all good and fun options!

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
'Portuguese' ' Frances' ' Norte' 'Salvador_prim' ‘le puy’ ‘Inglés’ ‘CDM’ ‘Invierno’ ‘Fin_Mux’
Hi I'm arriving from Gatwick to Biarritz at 5pm with Ryan air. The only train available would get me to St. Jean at 22.35 so too late for accommodation. Been quoted 120 euro total for up to 8 passengers. Is anyone arriving around the same time and wants to share? I think the alternative is to spend a night in Biarritz and leave in the morning?.
If it’s not possible to go with express Bourricot then I’d recommend you get accommodation in either Biarritz and follow up fresh in the AM., or book accommodation at Bayonne ., which is where you will be catching the train up to SJPdP.
I’ve stayed at the small hotel there just a minute or two across from the railway station.

You’ll really do it this time.
Enjoy your journey.

Annie

Momy

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés May 2018
Hi I'm arriving from Gatwick to Biarritz at 5pm with Ryan air. The only train available would get me to St. Jean at 22.35 so too late for accommodation. Been quoted 120 euro total for up to 8 passengers. Is anyone arriving around the same time and wants to share? I think the alternative is to spend a night in Biarritz and leave in the morning?.
What?!? I will be in Biarritz for the same time on a Sunday and I just check that the last train is around 4pm! After that no trains. The worst thing is that I have already booked my hostel in Saint Jean Pied-de-port for the same night because I didn't even think about checking the trains...

Momy

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés May 2018
Hey Momy Are you flying from Gatwick? lets meet up and we can share a cab. 07946520008 thats my mobil.
Hi Frank! I'll be in Saint Biarritz on Sunday 20th May. As soon as I read the post I booked a seat with Express Bourricot. Try to email them, they probably have seats left. Even if you share with just 3 other people price is ok, around 20 Euros.

Vanozza

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
I have walked part of the Camino Frances and plan to start over in April 2018.
Hi i arrive at Biarritz on 25th April at 5pm from Paris. Anyone keen to share a ride?
cheers
Another option is to spend the night in Bayonne snd then take the train to SJPP the next day (12:00 noon to 1:00pm for about 10 euros). It helps to overcome some of the jet lag so that you can start hiking fresh the nect day.

Scarlet Fez

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Frances Sept/Oct 2016
Camino Portuguese Oct 2017
Del Norde Start 2nd May 2018
I like many others have used Express Bouricott, first class service. When I pre booked the ones scheduled around my flight arrival was already full. So they arranged for another to arrive 45 minutes later. As stated they keep taking the bookings to bring the price down. Very reliable.

Camino(s) past & future
Planning to walk the Camino in 2018.
Hello,

I will be arriving at Biarritz on Tuesday 3rd July at 5pm. I would like to organise a taxi share with fellow pilgrims to St Jean de Port. Will anyone else be arriving on this day at this time?

Al

davebugg

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Hello,

I will be arriving at Biarritz on Tuesday 3rd July at 5pm. I would like to organise a taxi share with fellow pilgrims to St Jean de Port. Will anyone else be arriving on this day at this time?

Al
If Express Bouricott is full (get your reservation now, they don't do walk ups), then when you fly in to BIQ go to the main entry at the Biarritz airport, look around for fellow pilgrims (backpacks, patches, shells, excited expressions, etc) and ask if anyone would like to share a taxi to SJPdP, or if they have space to share a ride with you.

davebugg

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Just an FYI... if transfer is by Express Bouricott, it is by reservation only. They don't do walk-ups. EB fills seats on a first come, first served. They do fill their shuttles.

If not EB...Then never mind. :)

azita

Camino(s) past & future
I m planning to walk the Camino May 2018. I will arrive 15th of May.
Hola,
My friend and I will arrive in Biarritz on the 15th of May at 12.30 pm. Then we are going to catch a taxi or shuttle bus to St Jean.
Would anybody be interested to share the fare if you are there in the same time?

davebugg

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...

They are a reservation only shuttle service. They fill seats on a first come, first served basis. Make your reservations ASAP as they fill up fast. You won't need to worry about whether the shuttle will be full :)

klye_g

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (06/2018)
My flight arrives in Biarritz Airport on June 1st 2018 at 17:10h, and I have booked a taxi from the airport to SJPdP leaving at 17:30h. Let me know if anyone is interested in carpooling and splitting the cost!

Mark W

Camino(s) past & future
I'm arriving on Ryan Air from Stansted at Biarritz on May 2 at 9pm and looking for someone to share a taxi with to SJPP. Let me know. Michelle.
(posting on behalf of my daughter!)

Timppa99

Camino(s) past & future
Have done SJPDP - Burgos 2013 and going again 5.5.2018
Hi

We are group of 3 people arriving to Biarritz airport 5th May 2018 at 17:45, last train leaves 18:12 to SJPDP, so as its unlikely that we will make it. We are planning on taking taxi from the airport to SJPDP. My question is, is there taxis at the airport that we can just take or should we make some reservation in advance? And any ideas of the cost? SJPDP being bit over fifty kilometers away, I was thinking that the cost would be around 50-75€?

Thanks !

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x3), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham.
2018? Vf again or Via Lemovicensis
Or you could take bus to Bayonne (just outside the airport, about 1 Euro) and stay there for the night.... Lovely town and plenty of nice restaurants ;) Just a thought.

Timppa99

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks for the answers :)

I contacted expressbourricot and inquired if there where others going at that evening and the pricing. Unfortunatly we really can't stay the night at Bayonne as we have all ready booked our accomodation in SJPDP and Roncesvalles. But from what i have heard, it might have been worth spending a day there :)

And if someone still has any information about the Taxis we are open to options.

davebugg

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...

I contacted expressbourricot and inquired if there where others going at that evening and the pricing. Unfortunatly we really can't stay the night at Bayonne as we have all ready booked our accomodation in SJPDP and Roncesvalles. But from what i have heard, it might have been worth spending a day there :)

And if someone still has any information about the Taxis we are open to options.

Express Bouricott is reservation only, and fills their seats on a first come first served basis. The seats will be filled on virtually all the shuttles. If you want to make a reservation, better do it ASAP before they no longer have seats available.

Timppa99

Camino(s) past & future
You where right Davebugg, they where all ready full :) Oh well, Taxi it is, don't think we can make it to the train station and buy the tickets in under 30 minutes. Express bouricotts contact person allso knew that the taxis cost aroun 120€ In case someone else reading this is allso wondering.

Thanks all.

Eamonn McQ

Camino(s) past & future
Oct 2016 Sarria- Santiago, May 2018 St Jean Pied de Port- Logrono
Hi all, I am arriving to Biarritz on Saturday May 19th at 3pm and am looking to share a transfer to SJPP. We have a transfer booked. There are 3 of us already but transfer can hold up to 8 people. If interested please let me know! Thank you.

Timppa99

Camino(s) past & future
Hello everyone

We are group of three people arriving to Biarritz airport 5th May 2018 17:45, and we are looking for up to 5 people to share an 8 person airport transfer to SJPdP. We would like to leave between 18:00-19:30.

Camino(s) past & future
Future, 2018
https://www.expressbourricot.com/

Highly recommended by most! I have used them twice. No problems. Book in advance. Cost is fixed and divided by no. of passengers. Can be as low as €12 pp They try hard to fill the minibus.
Used this service on 01 April. Due to our flight arrival time we had to wait for pick up but wasn’t a big deal - highly recommend

Danela

Camino(s) past & future
20 May 2018 Dor 9 days starting in st Jean pied
Hi all, I am arriving to Biarritz on Saturday May 19th at 3pm and am looking to share a transfer to SJPP. We have a transfer booked. There are 3 of us already but transfer can hold up to 8 people. If interested please let me know! Thank you.
Hi there I am also arriving in the 19th and going to SJ. What time are you arriving . I need to check but I am coming from Stansted in UK and I think it is arriving 5pmish Danela

Danela

Camino(s) past & future
Hi there I am also arriving in the 19th and going to SJ. What time are you arriving . I need to check but I am coming from Stansted in UK and I think it is arriving 5pmish Danela
Sorry didn’t read it properly ok . I will be later than 3 pm . But if anyone is arriving 5ish let me know

Eamonn McQ

Camino(s) past & future
My transfer is booked for 3 45. What time is your flight due in? Might suit. Thanks!

Shalice

Starting Camino Frances June 4th
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (June 2018)
Two of us have already reserved an Express Bourricout shuttle for:
Sunday, 3rd June 2018 at 10h30 from Biarritz Airport
If you would like to share our same shuttle, your cost would be no more than 28 euros or as low as 19 euros if we are able to completely fill the shuttle. You pay cash after the drive.
To reserve your seat, send an email to contact@expressbourricot.com with the following information:

Name:
Phone:
Number of Passengers:
Flight #
Flight Arrival Time:

The shuttle service monitors your flight arrival time, so they know exactly when you land. You must book in advance via e-mail at contact@expressbourricot.com. When you reserve they will send you a PDF that clearly explains the service, or you may view the PDF at this link:
https://www.expressbourricot.com/wp...ROM-BIARRITZ-TO-ST-JEAN-PIED-DE-PORT-2018.pdf

Buen Camino
Shalice

Danela

Camino(s) past & future
My transfer is booked for 3 45. What time is your flight due in? Might suit. Thanks!
Mine is at 5.30. I did contact them and they replied very quickly and have 3 people so far for that trip on the 19th . So you will probably elave earlier but thanks for coming back to me. Anyone interested in 5.30 on 19th?

davebugg

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Booking transport with Express Bouricott to SJPP 22 May today, we arrive at 16.55 any fellow pilgrims want to share ? the more passengers the cheaper it becomes.
No worries, your shuttle will likely be full. EB automatically fills the seats as reservations come in. The biggest problem can be if one delays the booking of a reservation till a week or so before needing the transport, and then finding that there are no more seats available. :)

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances starting from SJPP 22 May 2018
No worries, your shuttle will likely be full. EB automatically fills the seats as reservations come in. The biggest problem can be if one delays the booking of a reservation till a week or so before needing the transport, and then finding that there are no more seats available. :)
Thanks it certainly seems a good company y to use

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sept 2016
Camino Portuguse Oct (2018)
Hello all

We arrive in Biarritz on 24 September 18 at 1000A for our second Camino. I have reserved a van for eight with Express Bourricot for transportation to SJPP. So far there are only two passengers. The more the merrier and also less expensive. Email Express Bourricot at contact@expressbourricot.com to make a reservation. If you arrive later in the morning, I have no problem waiting.

Buen Camino

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Fransiscus

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Why not take the bus , it's a lot cheaper .

Wish you well and a Buen Camino , Peter .

Camino(s) past & future
I'll walk Camino this summer (2017)
Hello everyone! Is there anyone here who will be at the airport in Biarritz on July 30, who wants to share a taxi to St Pied de Port? Please keep in touch. // Robbie

steveNY

Camino(s) past & future
plan to walk Nov (2016)
Hi Frank! I'll be in Saint Biarritz on Sunday 20th May. As soon as I read the post I booked a seat with Express Bourricot. Try to email them, they probably have seats left. Even if you share with just 3 other people price is ok, around 20 Euros.
I get into Biarritz a day after you on the evening of the 21st. I already booked a hostel in Bairritz. Let me know how it is getting to st. Jean. I have had trouble trying to book a trial for the following morning on the website.

steveNY

Camino(s) past & future
plan to walk Nov (2016)
Booking transport with Express Bouricott to SJPP 22 May today, we arrive at 16.55 any fellow pilgrims want to share ? the more passengers the cheaper it becomes.
What time are booking your ride at. I arrive in Biarritz the evening of the 21st and planning to head to st. Jean the following morning.

steveNY

Camino(s) past & future
plan to walk Nov (2016)
Hoping to book transport for after 5pm on the 19th, 20th or 21st of May if anyone else is going at that time?
I arrive the evening of the 21st. If you dont mind arriving later in the 21sr i could share a ride with you.

Camino(s) past & future
Hi Eamonn, My friend and I arrive around the same time from Dublin and we would be interested in sharing the cost of transport to St Jean. What cost are we looking at? Thanks, Andrew
Hi Andrew, thanks for your message. I am also on Dublin flight. It is 120 euro for the transfer, There is currently 3 of us possibly four, so if you and your friend also came it would be either 24 euro each for you or 20. Please let me know. Thanks!

Momy

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés May 2018
I get into Biarritz a day after you on the evening of the 21st. I already booked a hostel in Bairritz. Let me know how it is getting to st. Jean. I have had trouble trying to book a trial for the following morning on the website.
Hi Steve,

my advice is to send them an email! The replied very quickly! Have you tried?

Just few days...I'm so excited!

steveNY

Camino(s) past & future
plan to walk Nov (2016)
Hi Steve,

my advice is to send them an email! The replied very quickly! Have you tried?

Just few days...I'm so excited!

I did email the ride share. I am booking a ride for the morning of the 22nd. Yes, just a few days. Nervous and excited.

Harrisonmolyneux

Pilgrim for Life
Camino(s) past & future
1)May 2013 Leon-Santiago. 2)September 2018 SJPP - Santiago
Hi all

Me and my brother are arriving into Biarritz at 21:30 pm from London Gatwick on 7th September 2018. We would much rather get to SJPP on this day rather then spend the night in Bayonne. Also the first train on Saturday is 07:40am so we may be quite late leaving SJPP to start the walk on Saturday because we need to get our stick and stamp etc. if anyone is arriving at this date and time we would be happy to split the taxi cost with you to SJPP.

thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Harrison

Last edited:

davebugg

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Welcome to the Forum, Harrison :).

Another option is Express Bouricott. They run a mini bus / van shuttle where they take reservations on a first come - first served basis. The cost is split by the number of passengers (a full shuttle means 19 euro per person). EB does all of the seat filling for you :). They run a terrific service.

Harrisonmolyneux

Pilgrim for Life
Camino(s) past & future
Welcome to the Forum, Harrison :).

Another option is Express Bouricott. They run a mini bus / van shuttle where they take reservations on a first come - first served basis. The cost is split by the number of passengers (a full shuttle means 19 euro per person). EB does all of the seat filling for you :). They run a terrific service.

Thanks for the reply Dave , I really wanted to use their service but apparently our arrival time is too late for them :(.

davebugg

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Thanks for the reply Dave , I really wanted to use their service but apparently our arrival time is too late for them :(.
Sorry, I missed that. You're right. Where are you staying in SJPdP?

Harrisonmolyneux

Pilgrim for Life
Camino(s) past & future
Sorry, I missed that. You're right. Where are you staying in SJPdP?
Cause we still have about 3 months we have not booked anywhere to stay in SJPP yet , we might wait and see if we can get there that late . Worst case scenario we stay the night in Bayonne and get the train Saturday morning . do you think it’s ok to start the walk at about 11:00 am ?

Last edited:

Eugenia MinskLund

The only way to do it is to do it.
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances from SJPDP (14 July - 17 August 2018)
I arrive at Biarritz airport at 17:05 on 14 July 2018 and would like to book a shared ride to SJPDP. Anyone arriving around that time?

Camino(s) past & future
CaminoFrances(20 May 2017)
Hi,

I have a very last minute plan to try to walk some of the Camino Frances starting from SJPP.

Planning to arrive in Bayonne around 5pm Sunday 20th May 2017.

Wondering whether anyone else is starting at a similar time and would like to share taxi from Bayonne to SJPP and/or to start the walk together from SJPP on Monday 21st May - last minute jitters and I think some companionship to start might be helpful!!

Only looking at taxi option as it seems there are no trains between Bayonne and SJPP currently - please can anyone confirm?

Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Camino(s) past & future
CaminoFrances(20 May 2017)
I'm arriving MAY 20 but ~10pm, so I will spend the night at a hotel near the airport.

I'm taking a shuttle to St. Jean for 21 euros on MAY 21
LINK: https://www.expressbourricot.com/

I plan on starting my walk on MAY 22...

Cheers,
Hi,

Many thanks for the helpful replies. I am coming via Paris on the train and should arrive at Bayonne at 16:47. My preference would be to leave Bayonne that same day if I can manage to get transport to SJPP. If not then I will try to find a hotel in Bayonne just for the night to catch the first train the following morning. Thank you for the link to the shuttle, I wasn't aware of that - zero planning, all rather last minute!

Are you able to suggest a simple, local hotel in the area, ideally near to the train station - just in case I can't arrange transport for the 20th.

Buon camino!

Monasp

I'm a manager of pilgrims office in SJPP
Camino(s) past & future
Camino in 2008.
Hi,

I have a very last minute plan to try to walk some of the Camino Frances starting from SJPP.

Planning to arrive in Bayonne around 5pm Sunday 20th May 2017.

Wondering whether anyone else is starting at a similar time and would like to share taxi from Bayonne to SJPP and/or to start the walk together from SJPP on Monday 21st May - last minute jitters and I think some companionship to start might be helpful!!

Only looking at taxi option as it seems there are no trains between Bayonne and SJPP currently - please can anyone confirm?

Many thanks.
Hi,
Every Sunday there is a bus on train station to SJPP at 9:10 pm that arrives at SJPP at 10:28 pm.

CaliHiker

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Starting May 22 2018
TimetoWalk, I'm on the 17h30 Express Bourricot shuttle from Biarritz airport on the 20th, so I know there is one. Good luck!

JJinWI, I'm planning on starting my walk on the 22nd too.

Hope to see you both on the trail. If you see my backpack with a California patch, say hello!

Attachments

JJinWI

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
May-June (2018) Camino Frances
TimetoWalk, I'm on the 17h30 Express Bourricot shuttle from Biarritz airport on the 20th, so I know there is one. Good luck!

JJinWI, I'm planning on starting my walk on the 22nd too.

Hope to see you both on the trail. If you see my backpack with a California patch, say hello!
See you then... (I used to live in Marina del Rey... long ago...)

FYI... my pack will have an "Unbound" logo on the back. It's a charity I'm trying to raise money... getting friends, family, former students... to donate per mile.

1526746227879.png

Have a safe flight over...

Me??, I'm taking a crazy route. Chicago... Iceland... London... Biarritz. Crazy, but I paid $300 for the flight!!!!

Cheers,

HiH

Camino(s) past & future
Starting from sjpp 23.5.18.
Hi!
I just send email to make a reservation for that same day! Let's see how that goes..
My flight should arrive to Biarritz at 15:35.
Two more nights! I'm getting terrified!

..okay so EB was full for that day! My plan was great but didn't work. :)

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Planned June 2018 with my rising senior daughter
Insterested in sharing a taxi (Express Bourricot) on June 2 from Biarritz airport direct to St Jean Pied de Port? Flight lands at 12:15 but flexible with time. There are 2 of us. It looks like there is a train strike that day.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 76 16.0%
  • May

Votes: 131 27.6%
  • June