A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Taxi Share 2018 TAXI SHARE Thread Pamplona to SJPP/Roncesvalles

As there are people looking to share on this route I have started a thread for 2018.

It is suggested you contact each other by the Conversation function to make arrangements. To the left of the a post there is the persons name and avatar click either and press the "Start a Conversation" button that appears.

May I also suggest that when you have found someone to share or have made the journey that you delete your post so that only current share offers and requests are on the thread.

All individual threads related to taxis from Pamplona to SJPP will be merged into this one so please do not cause the moderators extra work by starting your own thread.

If you are going to give a date which you want to share on please write it as 2nd July 2018 as 2/7/18 or 7/2/18 can be misunderstood by people on different sides of the Atlantic.

The bus line is Autocares Artieda and they have a ticket window in the main bus station in Pamplona. The fare to Roncesvalles is 6 Euros.
http://www.autocaresartieda.com/?scc=roncesvalles

During the main walking season Alsa bus line runs a daily bus from Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied de Port. The bus leaves Pamplona at 1400 hours and arrives SJPP 1545 hours. It runs every day, including Sundays and holidays, which isn't the case with the service from Pamplona to Roncesvalles. You can purchase the ticket at the Alsa window at the bus station, for €20.

Advertisment

Gaddong

Camino(s) past & future
(2018) First time will start in April
Anyone coming from Pamplona to SJPDP on 4/20/18 around 17:15? I just checked bus schedules and will not make the last bus of the day. A Taxi is $143.00 would any perigrino want to share that. 2 more with just backpack would work. Or any suggestions?
No longer interested. I decided to stay in Pamplona one night and reserved "Conda" bus for the 21st to SJPDP. I am on my way.

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
May-June 2013
Looking for pilgrims ( up to 3 ) to share a taxi from Pamplona Airport to Roncesvalles:

August 20, 2018 - Departing the airport between 18h00 - 19h15.

Depending on how many pilgrims travel, direct, non-stop, the cost will range from $28 - $42 USD, per person.

Please message me for additional details.

~MjS~

Got a Euro? Buy some cat food while you walk, and kindly feed the Camino kitties

Attachments

Camino(s) past & future
Planning to walk the Camino in fall of 2015....and it's nearly here. Start my walk from St. Jean PP on August 14th.
Buen Camino..... arrive in Pamploma by bus from Madrid Airport on 14th July very early in the morning... me and my adult daughter... would love to share a taxi to St. Jean Pied Port with someone. We plan to walk on to Orisson when we arrive in St. Jean.

Martha

Last edited by a moderator:

davebugg

DustOff: "When I have your wounded."
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
You may already be aware of this, but this taxi service caters to pilgrims going to St Jean, and will take reservations. On the request form it also asks if you are willing to share the taxi. This allows the company to help you fill the taxi, according to your scheduled departure time.

https://www.taxipamplona.com/en/comparte.php

Camino(s) past & future
Planning to walk the Camino in fall of 2015....and it's nearly here. Start my walk from St. Jean PP on August 14th.
Must do 7 days in advance...oops... have sent email to see if we can get an exception.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
FYI, I believe Pamplona's famous San Fermin festival is still going on through the the 14th. Things could be a bit crazy and taxis had to get. If so then check in at the bus station to see if you can get one of the daily buses to SJPdP. Good luck and buen camino.

davebugg

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Must do 7 days in advance...oops... have sent email to see if we can get an exception.
If you haven't purchased your tickets from Madrid to Pamplona, there are flights which go to Biarritz. The train,taxi, or shuttle ride is shorter into St Jean than from Pamplona. My ticket from Madrid was about $60.00, but the flight into Biarritz is pretty quick.

Camino(s) past & future
October 2018
I have a taxi reserved from Pamplona to SJPDP on Sep 15th at 20:00, picking myself and a fellow pilgrim up at the train station. So far there are two of us in the taxi and we would love to share the ride with others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Camino(s) past & future
August 2013 SJPP to Santiago
May 2018 Porto to Santiago
August 2018 SJPP to Santiago
I and another pilgrim will arrive Pamplona Sep 15th by bus arriving from Madrid at 13:35. We'll take a taxi to SJPP and are very willing, actually eager ; ) to share the ride. Let us know. Thanks

davebugg

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
I and another pilgrim will arrive Pamplona Sep 15th by bus arriving from Madrid at 13:35. We'll take a taxi to SJPP and are very willing, actually eager ; ) to share the ride. Let us know. Thanks
Hi, Boog...

If this taxi company in Pamplona is the one you've made arrangements with, then be sure that you've requested to allow the company to share the taxi with other pilgrims to SJPdP. During the reservation process, you have the option to select that you are willing to share a taxi with others going to SJPdP, so that the fare is split up. The company will work to schedule a full taxi for you, or assign you to a taxi from someone else's reservation to share.

Camino(s) past & future
August 2013 SJPP to Santiago
May 2018 Porto to Santiago
August 2018 SJPP to Santiago
Thanks - I'm in contact with the taxi folks in Pamplona. I appreciate your input.

B

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 101 15.7%
  • May

Votes: 164 25.4%