• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2019 bus Pamplona to Saint Jean

Rhysmike

Time of past OR future Camino
St. Jean to Santiago (Apr to June 2014); St. Jean to Finisterre (Apr to May 2016); Via Francigena - Lausanne to Rome (Sep to October 2016)
Does the Conda bus from Pamplona to SJ still run? I caught it May 2018 and was hoping to catch it again at the end of April this year. I can’t locate it on any timetable.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It's weird, on the Conda website they say there's a bus at 14:30 from 1 March and a 17:30 bus from 1 April, but when you try and purchase a ticket it tells you: "Lamentamos informarle que actualmente MOVELIA no puede ofrecer una ruta directa entre el origen y destino" (Sorry to inform you that Movelia cannot offer a direct route between the origin and destination) - no idea whether the problem lies with the website, whether you can only book closer to the time, or whether this route no longer runs.

The Conda webpage has not been updated in a few years. I think it still shows the 2016 (??) schedule. That is pretty close to the 2015 17 18 schedules as far as times but the dates change within a week or two. The buses have previously started at the beginning of March.

Use the ALSA website for the CONDA schedule. Trouble is they don't have any service at the moment and the software doesn't print out a correctly informative message. Apparently it cannot handle future bookings either when nothing is available now. Also on entering the destination you must write St. as Saint or it will not find SJPdP.

17 February edit: ALSA website is now working. Service starts 2 March. Like previous years it works slowly up from one to two to three to four buses a day. The site does not show things past six months from the date of enquiry so assume it will be like what the CONDA webpage shows with one trip being dropped at the beginning of September and another at the end.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ok so I gave them a quick call. Alsa took the route over from Conda last year, but they haven't decided whether they're going to do it again this year. Apparently a decision is going to be made at management level over the next few weeks.

The Conda webpage has not been updated in a few years. I think it still shows the 2016 (??) schedule. That is pretty close to the 2015 17 18 schedules as far as times but the dates change within a week or two. The buses have previously started at the beginning of March.

Use the ALSA website for the CONDA schedule. Trouble is they don't have any service at the moment and the software doesn't print out a correctly informative message. Apparently it cannot handle future bookings either when nothing is available now. Also on entering the destination you must write St. as Saint or it will not find SJPdP.
Thank you

Ok so I gave them a quick call. Alsa took the route over from Conda last year, but they haven't decided whether they're going to do it again this year. Apparently a decision is going to be made at management level over the next few weeks.
Thanks fot that

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Update!! Alsa has now decided to do this route!

From Saturday 2 March it will be doing one trip per day, leaving Pamplona at 14:30.
From 17 April it will be doing two trips per day, at 14:30 and 17:30 respectively.

(Thanks to "Rick of Rick and Peg", who has been keeping on top of things...)

Thank you for this.

Do you mean there is no bus running from Pamplona to STJPD from now until March 2? Thanks!
Exactly. However check the bus line PLM. They say they have Tuesday and Friday service to Valcarlos and a neighborhood of it which is a stones throw from Arneguy, France. Both are a few hours walk from SJPdP.

There is also Monday through Saturday service to Roncevalles by the bus line Artieda.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This bus is running as of April, 2020. I iust booked a ticket directly from the spanish ALSA site for 22 Euros. They require a passport #. They don't take US credit cards, but you can pay with Paypal. You can also can get the same ticket from the english OMIO website for about $8 US more where they do accept US credit cards. Just web-search for ALSA or OMIO.

I'm still trying to ascertain the location of the bus station in Pamplona.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I plugged in Pamplona, Spain into Google Maps and the red pin for that was dropped almost on top of the bus station.
View attachment 69862
Of course I had already found the bus station in Pamplona. What I didn’t know was if that was for sure the place where that bus left from. But looking around the website there is a page for the CONDA line, which shows a listing for the SJPP route. So I assume it actually leaves from there.

The SJPdP bus left from there in 2015. Most of the station is underground and the boarding is done down there. If you judge from the picture you would think that the bus pulls up to the building that you see at ground level and that you board at the street.

The SJPdP bus left from there in 2015. Most of the station is underground and the boarding is done down there. If you judge from the picture you would think that the bus pulls up to the building that you see at ground level and that you board at the street.
Good to know that it’s underground. I have a 105 minute turnaround from when my train gets in and I’m supposed to be on the bus. Plenty of time if I know where to go exactly.... Thank you, Rick.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Right outside the train station is a sheltered street bus stop. Typically line A comes by once an hour for just a couple stops trip to the bus station. Every 10 or 15 minutes line 9 takes the trip with more stops and can drop you off close to the station.

For either a fascinating or frustrating experience see the Pamplona street bus website at http://www.infotuc.es/

It just falls short of telling you the birthday of the driver who picks you up at any stop at any time. Spanish and Basque only.

Good to know that it’s underground. I have a 105 minute turnaround from when my train gets in and I’m supposed to be on the bus. Plenty of time if I know where to go exactly.... Thank you, Rick.
I believe the train station is about two km's from the bus station, to the slight NW. Last time I went to Pamplona I debated bus or train there and I had printed out a google map so I knew where they were in relation to each other. The bus station is actually fairly close to the Camino path out of town. You do board the bus underground. There is a cafe down there, and some shoppes.

I am not sure if this is the best place to ask..... Taking a plane to Pamplona Airport that arrives at 1:30pm. Would it be possible to get to the bus station and on the afternoon bus to Saint Jean. I think it would leave around 2:30pm but I have not been able to pull up the schedule. This would be for August 2021.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am not sure if this is the best place to ask..... Taking a plane to Pamplona Airport that arrives at 1:30pm. Would it be possible to get to the bus station and on the afternoon bus to Saint Jean. I think it would leave around 2:30pm but I have not been able to pull up the schedule. This would be for August 2021.
Not sure whether there's a more recent thread on the Pamplona-St Jean bus route, but I got an alert due to my previous involvement on this thread, so I was curious to check it out for myself! As you say, an Alsa search comes up blank. It could be that it's just not feasible to run this route at the moment, given how few pilgrims there are. It's probably also too complicated, given the border restrictions on entering France: you need to show a PCR test taken maximum 72 hours before arrival in France as well as filling out a "declaration" form. And then you might need to show another PCR test on entering Spain again from France? Not sure how far you're going to get on one 72-hour test!

This might all change by August, but if there are still border restrictions, then one hour between your flight arrival/bus departure would be cutting it a bit fine. There's normally also a 5:30pm bus, so this might be a better option? - that is, of course, IF everything's back up and running! Otherwise Artieda is currently doing the Pamplona-Roncesvalles route, remaining within Spain so far less complicated, at least right now.

Not sure whether there's a more recent thread on the Pamplona-St Jean bus route, but I got an alert due to my previous involvement on this thread, so I was curious to check it out for myself! As you say, an Alsa search comes up blank. It could be that it's just not feasible to run this route at the moment, given how few pilgrims there are. It's probably also too complicated, given the border restrictions on entering France: you need to show a PCR test taken maximum 72 hours before arrival in France as well as filling out a "declaration" form. And then you might need to show another PCR test on entering Spain again from France? Not sure how far you're going to get on one 72-hour test!

This might all change by August, but if there are still border restrictions, then one hour between your flight arrival/bus departure would be cutting it a bit fine. There's normally also a 5:30pm bus, so this might be a better option? - that is, of course, IF everything's back up and running! Otherwise Artieda is currently doing the Pamplona-Roncesvalles route, remaining within Spain so far less complicated, at least right now.
Thanks Jan, We may just have to wait until closer to departure. Yes, travel is a bit more complicated these days! Seems like many bus to Pamplona, and that is what we have done in the past. I see the flight from the Madrid airport looks like a good option and would get us to Pamplona earlier and than on to Saint Jean the same day.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The Line A street bus between the airport, bus station and train station has been discontinued. Of you arrange in advance and pay cash 0.70€ on entry you can take a taxi that has taken the place of a bus. Departures from the airport are hourly on the hour between 10:00 and 24:00.

Use the Chrome browser to visit
I will check this out. Thanks.

THIS answers my question about where to start as I'll be flying into Pamplona and don't want to have to do a PCR test to cross into France and then another to return AGAIN! SO, I probably won't start in SJPP and will stick to the starting point in Spain, Roncesvalles.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back