A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Taxi Share 2019 TAXI SHARE Thread Biarritz/Bayonne to SJPP

William Marques

Staff member
As there are people looking to share on this route I have started a thread for 2019.

It is suggested you contact each other by the Conversation function to make arrangements. To the left of the a post there is the persons name and avatar click either and press the "Start a Conversation" button that appears.

May I also suggest that when you have found someone to share or have made the journey that you delete your post so that only current share offers and requests are on the thread.

All individual threads related to taxis from Bayonne or Biarritz to SJPP will be merged into this one so please do not cause the moderators extra work by starting your own thread.

If you are going to give a date which you want to share on please write it as 2nd July 2019 as 2/7/19 or 7/2/19 can be misunderstood by people on different sides of the Atlantic.

Useful information carried over from the previous Biarritz to SJPP Taxi thread.

Make sure you contact Caroline at Express Burricot <apcaroline@hotmail.com>. Chances are you'll end up riding with her anyway!

My advice to you all is - Don't panic. Caroline at Burricott Express is very good at infilling the minibuses. So whenever you are going either book (if you can) or email to ask if you can share an already booked taxi. I think you can be confident of infill taking place most of the times. If you have booked and are worried about ending up paying most of the cost, then I have only one thing to say - relax, let the Camino provide, let this be an early opportunity for you to let go and go with the flow.

"I never used them but also got a good fare from Bertrand at Bertrand - BIP TAXI <info@bip-taxi-hendaye.com>"

"My husband and I arrived in Biarritz two years ago and simply asked people carrying backpacks and waiting outside the airport if they wanted to share a taxi to SJPP (very easy to differentiate pilgrims from holiday in Biarritz folks). Within 5 minutes we had a group of 5 people together and on our way. I think it cost us about €25 per person and we were there within an hour. Oh, and we met a guy whom we ended up walking with and who has become a great friend. Just roll with the experience, I say!"

Useful information can also be found in
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/comm...-other-information-on-biarritz-to-sjpp.25157/

NinaB

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances - Leon to Santiago ( Apr-May 2018)
Camino Frances - SJPDP to Burgos (May 2019)
Thank you, William, for creating the thread.
I am looking to share a taxi or Express Bourricot from Biarritz for 11th May 2019. I am flying into San Sebastian early am and will take a train from there to Biarrtiz arriving around 10:00am. Would be great to get to SJPP before noon. Let me know if you are interested in sharing.

Vaughan

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francais
Hi, I am planning on starting the Camino Francais in mid April 2019. I am flying into Biarritz late afternoon Monday 15th April. I don't want to pay a fortune to get to SJPP and would be happy to share the costs of a taxi/minibus if anyone is interested? I realise its possible to get a bus to Bayonne and then a train but thought I'd throw this out there as another option. Cheers, Vaughan

Last edited:

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Camino(s) past & future
2019 Biarritz-Pamplona-Lourdes
2018 Aragon/Frances/Finis
2018 Operation Sabre
2018 Marin Ramble
Have you considered starting your Camino in Biarritz instead? Walking to SJPdP is only 2-3 extra days and it will get you field-tested for he climb over the Pyrenees! We will be walking that route starting April 16!

Vaughan

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francais
Its a thought! I will have a look at it. The main challenge I have is that I want to finish on a particular day (May 20th - which would the 100th anniversary of my Fathers death). Perhaps we will bump into each other anyway!

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Camino(s) past & future
2019 Biarritz-Pamplona-Lourdes
2018 Aragon/Frances/Finis
2018 Operation Sabre
2018 Marin Ramble
Fair enough! And whether you make that aircufuc arrival date or not, I am sure you’re father’s spirit will be walking the entire path with you... Buen Camino.

Vaughan

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francais
Fair enough! And whether you make that aircufuc arrival date or not, I am sure you’re father’s spirit will be walking the entire path with you... Buen Camino.
Thank you. Buen Camino to you too. I am really looking forward to this. I meant to say I will finish on the 100th anniversary of my Fathers birth!

Happy rambler

Camino(s) past & future
Walked Camino Francais April 2015. Planning the same route starting March/April 2019
My friend and I have booked a minibus taxi with Express Bourricot to leave Biarritz airport at approximately 17.30 on the 9th April from our Ryan Air flight FR 372 from London Stansted. If anyone can share with us please contact Express Bourricot, I think it seats 8 pilgrims!

Leibniz

Peregrina
Camino(s) past & future
Frances from Astorga (2018)
Frances/Invierno from SJPP (2019)
I have booked a ride to SJPP with Express Bourricot leaving Biarritz Airport on Saturday 27 July 2019 at 11am. Anyone interested in sharing?

Vaughan

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francais
My friend and I have booked a minibus taxi with Express Bourricot to leave Biarritz airport at approximately 17.30 on the 9th April from our Ryan Air flight FR 372 from London Stansted. If anyone can share with us please contact Express Bourricot, I think it seats 8 pilgrims!
I am in a similar situation having just booked with Express Bourricot for Sunday 14th April at 17:30 arriving on Iberia flight 8242 from Madrid. With just 4 people booked the price drops to €21 each which seems very reasonable (€28 with 3). You can almost leave it to almost the last minute if you are so minded but Express Bourricot require an e-mail at least 15 minutes before departure. I'll happily do that on the day if I happen to meet anyone who wants to share with me but probably safer to book with them in advance if you want to be certain. The journey to SJPP takes around one hour.

Jitterbug bender

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2019
We arrive in Biarritz on April 17th 2019 at 8:30 am. We're looking to ride share. I tried booking through Express Bourricot, but they will not be transporting people that day. Anyone else in the same boat - wanna share a cab?

Lisanne

Camino(s) past & future
Planning: camino Frances april/may 2019
Hi! I'm looking for someone to share a ride from either Bayonne or Biarritz to SJPP on April 4th 2019 around 17.00h. If anyone would like to share, would love to hear from you!

davebugg

"When I Have Your Wounded" - Dustoff Motto
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
Hi! I'm looking for someone to share a ride from either Bayonne or Biarritz to SJPP on april 4th 2019 around 17.00h. If anyone would like to share, would love to hear from you!
1. https://www.expressbourricot.com/contact-and-booking/ The fee is split between passengers, so a full shuttle runs about 20 Euro per person. It is reservation only and is quite popular, so it is best to make a reservation sooner than later if you want to be assured a seat. They almost always have a full shuttle.

2. Walk to the main airport entrance and look for fellow pilgrims -- packs, shells, patches, anxious expressions :). Ask if anyone would like to share a taxi, or if anyone has space to share a ride. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting a few takers. :)

davebugg

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
I am in a similar situation having just booked with Express Bourricot for Sunday 14th April at 17:30 arriving on Iberia flight 8242 from Madrid. With just 4 people booked the price drops to €21 each which seems very reasonable (€28 with 3). You can almost leave it to almost the last minute if you are so minded but Express Bourricot require an e-mail at least 15 minutes before departure. I'll happily do that on the day if I happen to meet anyone who wants to share with me but probably safer to book with them in advance if you want to be certain. The journey to SJPP takes around one hour.
Hi,Vaughn --

Just a bit of insight for anyone waiting to make a reservation with Express Bouricott. If one waits until the same day they need a ride to try and make a reservation with Express Bouricott s/he will most certainly not be able to use them. It is a very popular option and is almost always filled well in advance. The best advice is to secure a reservation sooner rather than later just as you have done.

I have used them a couple of times now, and they are an excellent service. Quick, comfortable, friendly, and at a good value. They will happily change a reservation, if space is available, should you need to do so after having made advanced reservations.

Vaughan

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francais
Hi,Vaughn --

Just a bit of insight for anyone waiting to make a reservation with Express Bouricott. If one waits until the same day they need a ride to try and make a reservation with Express Bouricott s/he will most certainly not be able to use them. It is a very popular option and is almost always filled well in advance. The best advice is to secure a reservation sooner rather than later just as you have done.

I have used them a couple of times now, and they are an excellent service. Quick, comfortable, friendly, and at a good value. They will happily change a reservation, if space is available, should you need to do so after having made advanced reservations.
I think you're right Dave. This particular day they are also looking for pilgrims arriving on the Paris flight shortly after so I don't think there will be many spaces left on the day. It's good to know you have had a good experience with them.

davebugg

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
I think you're right Dave. This particular day they are also looking for pilgrims arriving on the Paris flight shortly after so I don't think there will be many spaces left on the day. It's good to know you have had a good experience with them.
I have been in the Express Bouricott office in St Jean Pied de Port to arrange transporting video gear. The phone would constantly ring with a phone request for a pickup that day at Biarritz. The answer was always, "sorry, but we have no more availability. You can try calling for a taxi".

Lisanne

Camino(s) past & future
Planning: camino Frances april/may 2019
Thanks for all the service! Booked my soort yesterday. As for now, i’ll be on my OWN. But the expect other reservations so I could share the ride and thus the costs!

Seamus68

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Apr 2017
Camino Del Norte April 2018
Camino Frances - St Jean to Burgos 2019
Hi if any one wishes to share a Taxi let me know. i arrive at Biarritz Airport on the 18th April at 17:55 , wish to go via Taxi from there to
St Jean

thx

Jim.

Robo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
VdlP (2020)
why not just book Express Bourricot? ;)

Seamus68

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Apr 2017
Camino Del Norte April 2018
Camino Frances - St Jean to Burgos 2019
why not just book Express Bourricot? ;)
If I can get fellow pilgrims then yes, between 4 people 20 Euro each...

Robo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
VdlP (2020)
If I can get fellow pilgrims then yes, between 4 people 20 Euro each...
We might be on different pages here?
If you book Express Bourricot, they fill the vehicle, not you.

There is a slight risk you will be the only passenger, but unlikely unless you are on a late flight in.

Bobcat77

CF starts 23 March SJPdP
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances in 22 March (2019)
Hi. I'm arriving into Biarritz 22 March around 17.30 and looking to share the shuttle to SJPP with a few peregrinos. On my own, it's €81 but with 3 others, it drops to €19. Anybody? Otherwise it's train or bus!

bernhugo

Hi Bobcat. If you are travelling with Express Bourricot, Caroline will book as many people that want the lift , ( up to I think 9) and will reduce your charge by the number of persons going.

Bobcat77

CF starts 23 March SJPdP
Camino(s) past & future
Thanks @bernhugo, I understand that. Problem is, as of last night, I'm the only applicant for that day/time and, on that basis, it would cost me €81. A bit strong for a pilgrim. (Altogether: ahhh). So, I'm asking the community if there's anyone arriving at a similar time, so we can share. If I get no responses, I'll do the train or whatever seems to be the most convenient alternative at reasonable price. Suggestions?
Thanks for your help.

Pam Scott

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Santiago compostella 2015
Thanks @bernhugo, I understand that. Problem is, as of last night, I'm the only applicant for that day/time and, on that basis, it would cost me €81. A bit strong for a pilgrim. (Altogether: ahhh). So, I'm asking the community if there's anyone arriving at a similar time, so we can share. If I get no responses, I'll do the train or whatever seems to be the most convenient alternative at reasonable price. Suggestions?
Thanks for your help.
when I booked the van was empty but by the time I travelled with express bouricott it was full.

Bobcat77

CF starts 23 March SJPdP
Camino(s) past & future
Did a training walk today:
bag: 9kg; (over my maximum requirement)
walked 9.0 kilometers
in 2 hours exactly.
Legs good! Feet good!
Happy. 4 weeks to go!

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago oct 2018
SJPDP-Santiago may (2019)
Hi Peregrinos!
I, as well, am looking for company to share the ride with, I'll be arriving at Biarritz airport on 30th April 2019 at 15.25, and hope for someone else going to SJPDP with the Bourricot?? I hope so! Do I dare to book it? For now I seem to be the only one, already checked.... :eek:
Hola Peregrinos,
Tambien yo estoy buscando compañia para compartir el taxi del Bourricot de Biarritz a St Jean Pied de Port. Llego al aeropuerto de Biarritz el 30 de avril 2019 a las 15.25. De momento parece que solo estoy yo para apuntarse, que ya lo he preguntado. Espero que haya alguien más! A ver si atrevo apuntarme....
Buen camino!

Last edited:

Neville.w.Smith

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Santiago (2019)
Hi, Arriving at Biarritz airport 0940 hrs from London on 8th May. Hoping to book Express Bourricot around 1100 ish and would like to share the transport and costs with other fellow Pilgrims who are arriving around the same time. Thanks.

Kedney

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguese
We (2 people) are arriving in Biarritz on May 1 at 8:25am on the Easy Jet flight from Paris and would like to share a taxi / van with up to 6 other people. A van is available with Biarritz Airport Transfers for 130€ total. On that day the train from Bayonne doesnt leave until after 2pm. That is an option but would require a long wait. Hopefully we can find at least 4 others or more. Split 6 ways the cost would be 21,67€. Split 8 ways the cost is 16,25€. We will make the reservation if we can find at least 4 others. If you are interested let us know as soon as possible.

davebugg

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
We (2 people) are arriving in Biarritz on May 1 at 8:25am on the Easy Jet flight from Paris and would like to share a taxi / van with up to 6 other people. A van is available with Biarritz Airport Transfers for 130€ total. On that day the train from Bayonne doesnt leave until after 2pm. That is an option but would require a long wait. Hopefully we can find at least 4 others or more. Split 6 ways the cost would be 21,67€. Split 8 ways the cost is 16,25€. We will make the reservation if we can find at least 4 others. If you are interested let us know as soon as possible.
If you are referring to Express Bouricott, they will likely have the van full on the day you reserve a seat. Their reservations can fill up very quickly, so if you want to reserve a seat, it is best to do so as soon as you know what day you need transport.

Kedney

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguese
If you are referring to Express Bouricott, they will likely have the van full on the day you reserve a seat. Their reservations can fill up very quickly, so if you want to reserve a seat, it is best to do so as soon as you know what day you need transport.
We tried to book with them 2 months ago but there was no availability for 5/1.

davebugg

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
We tried to book with them 2 months ago but there was no availability for 5/1.
Ah. I misunderstood that you were referring to a different company.

I guess it also shows that for those considering Express Bouricott for transport, that getting reservations secured ASAP is the best policy :)

Andy scott

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances May/June 2018
Hi Neville, l think my friend Michael and l are on the same flight as you. We arrive in Biarritz from Stanstead at 09:40. We have already emailed express bourricot to book our transport. The more people who book the cheaper it becomes so if you email them we’ll probably all end up on the same bus. Buen Camino.
Andy

Neville.w.Smith

Camino(s) past & future
Hi Neville, l think my friend Michael and l are on the same flight as you. We arrive in Biarritz from Stanstead at 09:40. We have already emailed express bourricot to book our transport. The more people who book the cheaper it becomes so if you email them we’ll probably all end up on the same bus. Buen Camino.
Andy
Hi Andy, my friend Andy and I would like to share the transport with you two. We will contact Express Bouricot and confirm

davebugg

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Hi, Arriving at Biarritz airport 0940 hrs from London on 8th May. Hoping to book Express Bourricot around 1100 ish and would like to share the transport and costs with other fellow Pilgrims who are arriving around the same time. Thanks.
The EB shuttle will be full. They seldom have empty seats. Within a week to ten days prior to a EB shuttles scheduled departure, it may already have all seats reserved. So make a reservation ASAP. :)

I have been in the EB office when the phones are ringing constantly, and folks wanting to schedule a few days in advance are told there is no available room. And forget about trying to get something the same day, that seems to rarely happen.

Andy scott

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances May/June 2018
Hi Neville, express bourricot have just replied saying they can pick Mike and l up at 10:50 hours on the 8th May. We are the first people to book so the price is 42 euro each person. If you and your friend book the same bus that should bring the price down to 21euro each person so very reasonable. Journey takes about an hour.
Andy

Neville.w.Smith

Camino(s) past & future
The EB shuttle will be full. They seldom have empty seats. Within a week to ten days prior to a EB shuttles scheduled departure, it may already have all seats reserved. So make a reservation ASAP. :)

I have been in the EB office when the phones are ringing constantly, and folks wanting to schedule a few days in advance are told there is no available room. And forget about trying to get something the same day, that seems to rarely happen.
Hi, thanks for your input. I have taken your advice and booked the EB to eliminate disappointment later

Neville.w.Smith

Camino(s) past & future
Hi Neville, express bourricot have just replied saying they can pick Mike and l up at 10:50 hours on the 8th May. We are the first people to book so the price is 42 euro each person. If you and your friend book the same bus that should bring the price down to 21euro each person so very reasonable. Journey takes about an hour.
Andy
Andy, EB have confirmed the sharing of transport with you, see you on the bus if not the flight
Neville

Saison89

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (April 2019)
Hey everyone,

I'll be arriving into Biarritz airport at 5pm this Sunday evening (14th April) and wondering if anyone else also needs to take a taxi to St. Jean Pierre de Porte?

Buen Camino

davebugg

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Hi, and welcome to the Forum.

I don't know if this may help, or if you've already given them any consideration.

My favorite transport from Biarritz to SJPdP is Express Bouricott They are comfortable, quick to get to SJPdP, the drive is scenic, and the shuttles are usually full so the fare is usually around 20 Euro. This is a popular shuttle, so if interested book ASAP. It is by reservation only, and seats get full the closer you get to your desired date of pickup.

Another option is to look for fellow pilgrims as you are boarding the plane to fly to Biarritz, and again while you are in the Biarritz airport: packs, shells, patches, anxious expressions :) Ask if anyone would like to share a taxi, or if anyone has space available to share a ride. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting a few takers. 🤞

The nice thing, too, is that with either Express Bouricott OR asking fellow pilgrims to share a ride, you start getting to know others who are as excited as you are. I developed a good friendship with someone, after meeting them on the Express Bouricott shuttle, who lives on the opposite side of America as I do, and we stay in regular contact to this day.

Lindam1

Camino(s) past & future
Hi everyone,
We have booked a taxi from Biarritz to SJPP and have space for up to 6 other people. If anyone would like to share the taxi and cost of the transfer with us we would be happy for you join us . We will be arriving at Biarritz airport at 8.10pm on the 29th April

Last edited:

Lindam1

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks but We had to book our taxi with another company as express bourricot don't pick up late in the evening. It's going to cost us €120 but we have enough room for 6 more people paying €15 each to get us to SJPDP. Please contact me if you want to go with us

Roland49

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2019 June/July/August
Arriving at BIQ on 30th June 2019, 15:00 from Paris. Anyone shares or want to share a taxi to SJPdP?

Buen Camino!
Roland

TankerTim

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Late May to June 2019
Hello everyone!

I'm flying into Biarritz late afternoon on Tuesday, May 21st and was wondering if anyone else is coming around the same time, and would like to split a cab ride to the Bayonne Train Station? Planning on arriving around 17:30 to 18:00 and then heading to the station to take a train or bus to SJPP, and plan on starting the Camino Frances on the 22nd. Would be cool to start with someone, as I couldn't convince anyone to go with me!

Thanks!

Tim Floyd

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017
TDMB 2016
Cotswold Way 2018
I would not worry. You will meet plenty of people. I met a woman at Biarritz station who lived 25 miles away from me in Minnesota. The day we left SJPP about 450 other people did. You will have plenty of opportunity to find new friends.

Thanks for your service by the way.

USMC Dad

TankerTim

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Late May to June 2019
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response. I'm looking forward to it more and more every day! What time of year did you do your Camino Frances? Thank you for your support, and pass on thanks to your Marine for their service!

-Tim

CalledToRise

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances July 2019!!!! So Excited!
Hi everyone! This is my first post and my first Camino!

I booked EB for 20 June, 2019 @ Biarritz airport 10:30AM.

I hope to meet some pilgrims there! So far it’s just me but I’m “trusting the Camino will provide.”

Hope to meet some of you on the way.

Aires

davebugg

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Hi everyone! This is my first post and my first Camino!

I booked EB for 20 June, 2019 @ Biarritz airport 10:30AM.

I hope to meet some pilgrims there! So far it’s just me but I’m “trusting the Camino will provide.”

Hope to meet some of you on the way.

Aires
Him and a warm welcome to the Forum, Aires. :) Your shuttle will have a number of other pilgrims, and you will all have a good visit during the drive into SJPdP. As happened to me, you may even find that you become friends with someone and end up keeping in touch long after the Camino is over. :)

Think about putting a Forum Member badge on to you backpack for easy identification to other Forum members as you walk.

CalledToRise

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances July 2019!!!! So Excited!
Him and a warm welcome to the Forum, Aires. :) Your shuttle will have a number of other pilgrims, and you will all have a good visit during the drive into SJPdP. As happened to me, you may even find that you become friends with someone and end up keeping in touch long after the Camino is over. :)

Think about putting a Forum Member badge on to you backpack for easy identification to other Forum members as you walk.
wow! @davebugg I feel like I just interacted with a celebrity! I've been following your posts on this forum for a long time. #fan.

I'm also from the PNW and am grateful for your welcome and advice!

davebugg

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
wow! @davebugg I feel like I just interacted with a celebrity! I've been following your posts on this forum for a long time. #fan.

I'm also from the PNW and am grateful for your welcome and advice!
Thanks and you are welcome; but the real celebrities are the members who have been engaged in helping others for a lot longer than I :).

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 146 14.9%
  • May

Votes: 248 25.2%