A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Taxi Share 2019 TAXI SHARE Thread Biarritz/Bayonne to SJPP

2020 Camino Guides

William Marques

Staff member
As there are people looking to share on this route I have started a thread for 2019.

It is suggested you contact each other by the Conversation function to make arrangements. To the left of the a post there is the persons name and avatar click either and press the "Start a Conversation" button that appears.

May I also suggest that when you have found someone to share or have made the journey that you delete your post so that only current share offers and requests are on the thread.

All individual threads related to taxis from Bayonne or Biarritz to SJPP will be merged into this one so please do not cause the moderators extra work by starting your own thread.

If you are going to give a date which you want to share on please write it as 2nd July 2019 as 2/7/19 or 7/2/19 can be misunderstood by people on different sides of the Atlantic.

Useful information carried over from the previous Biarritz to SJPP Taxi thread.

Make sure you contact Caroline at Express Burricot <apcaroline@hotmail.com>. Chances are you'll end up riding with her anyway!

My advice to you all is - Don't panic. Caroline at Burricott Express is very good at infilling the minibuses. So whenever you are going either book (if you can) or email to ask if you can share an already booked taxi. I think you can be confident of infill taking place most of the times. If you have booked and are worried about ending up paying most of the cost, then I have only one thing to say - relax, let the Camino provide, let this be an early opportunity for you to let go and go with the flow.

"I never used them but also got a good fare from Bertrand at Bertrand - BIP TAXI <info@bip-taxi-hendaye.com>"

"My husband and I arrived in Biarritz two years ago and simply asked people carrying backpacks and waiting outside the airport if they wanted to share a taxi to SJPP (very easy to differentiate pilgrims from holiday in Biarritz folks). Within 5 minutes we had a group of 5 people together and on our way. I think it cost us about €25 per person and we were there within an hour. Oh, and we met a guy whom we ended up walking with and who has become a great friend. Just roll with the experience, I say!"

Useful information can also be found in
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/comm...-other-information-on-biarritz-to-sjpp.25157/

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Camino(s) past & future
2019 Biarritz-Pamplona-Lourdes
2018 Aragon/Frances/Finis
2018 Operation Sabre
2018 Marin Ramble
Fair enough! And whether you make that aircufuc arrival date or not, I am sure you’re father’s spirit will be walking the entire path with you... Buen Camino.

Vaughan

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francais April/May 2019
Camino Notre April/May 2020
Fair enough! And whether you make that aircufuc arrival date or not, I am sure you’re father’s spirit will be walking the entire path with you... Buen Camino.
Thank you. Buen Camino to you too. I am really looking forward to this. I meant to say I will finish on the 100th anniversary of my Fathers birth!

davebugg

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2017)
Frances(2018)
Ingles(2019)
Aragones(2020)
Portuguese(2020)
Hi! I'm looking for someone to share a ride from either Bayonne or Biarritz to SJPP on april 4th 2019 around 17.00h. If anyone would like to share, would love to hear from you!
1. https://www.expressbourricot.com/contact-and-booking/ The fee is split between passengers, so a full shuttle runs about 20 Euro per person. It is reservation only and is quite popular, so it is best to make a reservation sooner than later if you want to be assured a seat. They almost always have a full shuttle.

2. Walk to the main airport entrance and look for fellow pilgrims -- packs, shells, patches, anxious expressions :). Ask if anyone would like to share a taxi, or if anyone has space to share a ride. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting a few takers. :)

Vaughan

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francais April/May 2019
Camino Notre April/May 2020
Hi,Vaughn --

Just a bit of insight for anyone waiting to make a reservation with Express Bouricott. If one waits until the same day they need a ride to try and make a reservation with Express Bouricott s/he will most certainly not be able to use them. It is a very popular option and is almost always filled well in advance. The best advice is to secure a reservation sooner rather than later just as you have done.

I have used them a couple of times now, and they are an excellent service. Quick, comfortable, friendly, and at a good value. They will happily change a reservation, if space is available, should you need to do so after having made advanced reservations.
I think you're right Dave. This particular day they are also looking for pilgrims arriving on the Paris flight shortly after so I don't think there will be many spaces left on the day. It's good to know you have had a good experience with them.

davebugg

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2017)
Frances(2018)
Ingles(2019)
Aragones(2020)
Portuguese(2020)
I think you're right Dave. This particular day they are also looking for pilgrims arriving on the Paris flight shortly after so I don't think there will be many spaces left on the day. It's good to know you have had a good experience with them.
I have been in the Express Bouricott office in St Jean Pied de Port to arrange transporting video gear. The phone would constantly ring with a phone request for a pickup that day at Biarritz. The answer was always, "sorry, but we have no more availability. You can try calling for a taxi".

Seamus68

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Apr 2017
Camino Del Norte April 2018
Camino Frances - St Jean to Burgos 2019
why not just book Express Bourricot? ;)
If I can get fellow pilgrims then yes, between 4 people 20 Euro each...

Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF last 150 to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
VdlP (2022)
If I can get fellow pilgrims then yes, between 4 people 20 Euro each...
We might be on different pages here?
If you book Express Bourricot, they fill the vehicle, not you.

There is a slight risk you will be the only passenger, but unlikely unless you are on a late flight in.

Bobcat77

CF March-May 2019
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés 2019
Did a training walk today:
bag: 9kg; (over my maximum requirement)
walked 9.0 kilometers
in 2 hours exactly.
Legs good! Feet good!
Happy. 4 weeks to go!

davebugg

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2017)
Frances(2018)
Ingles(2019)
Aragones(2020)
Portuguese(2020)
Hi, and welcome to the Forum.

I don't know if this may help, or if you've already given them any consideration.

My favorite transport from Biarritz to SJPdP is Express Bouricott They are comfortable, quick to get to SJPdP, the drive is scenic, and the shuttles are usually full so the fare is usually around 20 Euro. This is a popular shuttle, so if interested book ASAP. It is by reservation only, and seats get full the closer you get to your desired date of pickup.

Another option is to look for fellow pilgrims as you are boarding the plane to fly to Biarritz, and again while you are in the Biarritz airport: packs, shells, patches, anxious expressions :) Ask if anyone would like to share a taxi, or if anyone has space available to share a ride. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting a few takers. 🤞

The nice thing, too, is that with either Express Bouricott OR asking fellow pilgrims to share a ride, you start getting to know others who are as excited as you are. I developed a good friendship with someone, after meeting them on the Express Bouricott shuttle, who lives on the opposite side of America as I do, and we stay in regular contact to this day.

Lindam1

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks but We had to book our taxi with another company as express bourricot don't pick up late in the evening. It's going to cost us €120 but we have enough room for 6 more people paying €15 each to get us to SJPDP. Please contact me if you want to go with us

TankerTim

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Late May to June 2019; Camino del Norte Late April to May 2020
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response. I'm looking forward to it more and more every day! What time of year did you do your Camino Frances? Thank you for your support, and pass on thanks to your Marine for their service!

-Tim

Francoise Cosgrove

Camino(s) past & future
Leon to Santiago 2018
SJP to Santiago 2019
I am flying into Biarritz on Tuesday 10th September and arriving approximately 16.40 so just checking if anyone fancies transiting together to St. Jean , thinking about train but open to sharing transit car/minibus.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 319 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 93 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 365 28.6%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock