A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Taxi Share 2019 TAXI SHARE Thread Pamplona to Roncesvalles/SJPP

0 Euro Camino Bank Note

William Marques

Staff member
As there are people looking to share on this route I have started a thread for 2019.

It is suggested you contact each other by the Conversation function to make arrangements. To the left of the a post there is the persons name and avatar click either and press the "Start a Conversation" button that appears.

May I also suggest that when you have found someone to share or have made the journey that you delete your post so that only current share offers and requests are on the thread.

All individual threads related to taxis from Pamplona to Roncesvalles and SJPP will be merged into this one so please do not cause the moderators extra work by starting your own thread.

If you are going to give a date which you want to share on please write it as 2nd July 2019 as 2/7/19 or 7/2/19 can be misunderstood by people on different sides of the Atlantic.

The bus line is Autocares Artieda and they have a ticket window in the main bus station in Pamplona. The fare to Roncesvalles was 6 Euros in 2018.
http://www.autocaresartieda.com/?scc=roncesvalles

During the main walking season Alsa bus line runs a daily bus from Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied de Port. The bus leaves Pamplona at 1400 hours and arrives SJPP 1545 hours. It runs every day, including Sundays and holidays, which isn't the case with the service from Pamplona to Roncesvalles. You can purchase the ticket at the Alsa window at the bus station, for €20.

davebugg

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2017)
Camino Frances (2018)
Camino Ingles (2019)
Hi, Mark....

When looking at transport options from Pamplona to SJPdP, I found this taxi company in Pamplona which specializes in taking pilgrims to SJPdP. You make an online reservation for pickup at your arrival location. During the reservation process, you have the option to select that you are willing to share a taxi with others going to SJPdP, so that the fare is split up. The company will work to schedule a full taxi for you, or assign you to a taxi from someone else's reservation to share.

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Pamplona to Santiago Mar. 2018
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)
Hi, Mark....

When looking at transport options from Pamplona to SJPdP, I found this taxi company in Pamplona which specializes in taking pilgrims to SJPdP. You make an online reservation for pickup at your arrival location. During the reservation process, you have the option to select that you are willing to share a taxi with others going to SJPdP, so that the fare is split up. The company will work to schedule a full taxi for you, or assign you to a taxi from someone else's reservation to share.
We used this service in sept. 2018. The service was excellent! My sister got motion sickness durng the hilly, windy ride to St. Jean. The driver was very kind and compassionate! He stopped the car let her get out and breathe for a few minutes and then put her in the front passenger seat. He drove very gently the rest of the way! Very verbally encouraging....Really nice driver.

MarkA

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2019
The taxi company only accepts bookings 60 calendar days in advance, so I haven't yet booked. My understanding is that if I agree to share, it will be pot luck as to whether the taxi company finds other passengers to ride with me. I'm happy to wait and see...

MarkA

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2019
From memory the full cost of the taxi is EUR 104, so presumably EUR 52 if I find at least one other passenger (the details are on the taxi website if you follow the link in Davebugg's reply to me, go into the "make a booking" option).

There's no reason why you shouldn't consider the afternoon Conda bus: its designed to connect with buses coming up from Madrid. Its run by Conda and bookings are on the ALSA (parent company) website. Like the taxi company, the StJPP schedule and bookings are closed over the Winter.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Fall 2019 (Planning)
Hi from New Jersey, USA
Wish you well on getting a ride share partner.. saw your post and was interest to ask you a question. I plan on going mid Sept and I was thinking going by air to a French destination and then going to SjPdp by rail or bus. In planning your trip did you consider a French city to start your secondary travel to SjPdp? Is landing in Pamplona a better choice considering travel time, convenience and cost? What made you decide to go to Pamplona.
TIA,
Ernie

davebugg

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2017)
Camino Frances (2018)
Camino Ingles (2019)
hi,

i'm looking for parters to share taxi from Pamplona to SjPdp on 15-4-2019 afternoon. (arriving at about 12:00 to Pamplona railway station )
Keren
Hi, keren, and welcome to the Forum 😁

When looking at transport options from Pamplona to SJPdP, I found this taxi company in Pamplona. They specialize in transporting pilgrims from Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied de Port.

You make your reservation online. You tell them your arrival location for pick up. During the reservation process, you can choose an option stating that you want to share a taxi with others going to SJPdP. The fare is shared by all the passengers. The company will then work to schedule a full taxi for you.

If they already have a taxi scheduled to travel to SJPdP near your time of arrival in Pamplona, and that taxi still has a seat available, they can reserve a seat on that taxi for you.

keren ashkenazi

Camino(s) past & future
4-2019
Hi from New Jersey, USA
Wish you well on getting a ride share partner.. saw your post and was interest to ask you a question. I plan on going mid Sept and I was thinking going by air to a French destination and then going to SjPdp by rail or bus. In planning your trip did you consider a French city to start your secondary travel to SjPdp? Is landing in Pamplona a better choice considering travel time, convenience and cost? What made you decide to go to Pamplona.
TIA,
Ernie
hi,
I didn't check all the options. It was a one moment decision, so to ensure that i won't give up I immediatly buy a ticket to Barcelona(203$). it definitely cheaper then flight to any destination in France.
From Barcelona I'm going to take the first train to Pamplona (36 euro .at 07:30) and then the mystery of arriving to SjPdP :).

RJM

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
A few times
If the taxi plan does not work out, the bus to Saint Jean is not a bad ride at all and relatively inexpensive. Not sure how many run in March, though.

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
When starting a 32-35 walk, I never have understood the rush to get to SJPdP. A bus is much less expensive and more relaxing than three or four people and packs jammed into a taxi. The few hours you save will disappear into the Camino one step at a time.;)

Buz Radican

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances May / Jun 2015
Camino Frances Oct / Nov 2016
Camino Frances May June 2018
CF(2020)
When starting a 32-35 walk, I never have understood the rush to get to SJPdP. A bus is much less expensive and more relaxing than three or four people and packs jammed into a taxi. The few hours you save will disappear into the Camino one step at a time.;)
While a jet lag recovery day in Pamplona / St. Jean is much to be desired, some of us have time constraints that dictate otherwise.

Buz Radican

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances May / Jun 2015
Camino Frances Oct / Nov 2016
Camino Frances May June 2018
CF(2020)
Hello... I am walking the Camino Frances arriving in Pamplona by train on March 27, 2019 around 2:30pm. I plan to take the bus or taxi to St Jean Pied de Port. Would anyone would like to share a taxi and heading that way?
I had to use the taxi option at the start of my 2018 CF. While expensive, I was working under a time constraint, and needing to start the following day for Orisson, I did not want to wait for the later afternoon bus to St. Jean.

RJM

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
A few times
Saint Jean is a lovely little town and a great place to start one's Camino walk. I have been there several times, but if my time was really tight and I was on a strict schedule I would probably simply start in Pamplona. Doing so does not rob one of the richness of the Camino experience. If busing there you reach it fairly early and have time to relax and rest and see the city and quite easy to start off the nest morning. I always strive to walk in a relaxed manner, as they say.

aperfectmess

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances August 2019
I heard from Pamplona taxi and nobody else has still contacted the company for going to SJPP those days I was told. Not so tempting going by myself and paying 100eur (or 130eur, after 10pm workdays). So if someone out there is interested, feel free to contact me :)

davebugg

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2017)
Camino Frances (2018)
Camino Ingles (2019)
I heard from Pamplona taxi and nobody else has still contacted the company for going to SJPP those days I was told. Not so tempting going by myself and paying 100eur (or 130eur, after 10pm workdays). So if someone out there is interested, feel free to contact me :)
There is still time for reservations by others, so keep your fingers crossed. In the meantime, here is a bus option that is less expensive.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (Sept - 2019)
Greetings all - I've a taxi laid on for Friday 6 Sept 2019 from Pamplona/Iruna railway station to St. Jean Pied-de-Port at 13:30. If you're interested in sharing the ride, contact me here via conversation. Your cost: 25EU. Cheers and buen camino!

Elndim

Camino(s) past & future
Portuges 2018 (Frances 2019)
4 септември 2019 следобед?

Marla in CA

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances September 15, 2019
Greetings all - I've a taxi laid on for Friday 6 Sept 2019 from Pamplona/Iruna railway station to St. Jean Pied-de-Port at 13:30. If you're interested in sharing the ride, contact me here via conversation. Your cost: 25EU. Cheers and buen camino!
Well Mercutio you are 10 days ahead of me, otherwise I would love to share the taxi. I arrive in Pamplona from Madrid on September 16th. Your post is clever and I will likely copy it for the 16th! Curious what Taxi line you used.

BKnudsen

Camino(s) past & future
Sept 2019
I need a taxi share on the 7th. Best of luck for the 6th.

Marla in CA

Camino(s) past & future
I will be arriving at Pamplona airport from Madrid on 16th September 2019 in the late evening. I would be interested in sharing a taxi to SJPDP that evening. Alternatively, I will stay overnight at a hotel in Pamplona and would be interested in sharing a taxi to SJPDP in the morning on 17 September 2019.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Vacay

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Santiago
I'll be arriving in Pamplona by train at aprox 19.30 on September 3rd, 2019. Since the last bus to StJPdP depart at 17.30 and the first one departs at 10.00 the next morning I'm strongly considering taking a taxi. The price is said to be about $120 (or Euros).

If anyone has plans to be in Pamplona at the same time and wants to share the taxi with me, please let me know and we'll make arrangements. There's at least room for a total of three in the taxi.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
Michael
(Norway)

Marla in CA

Camino(s) past & future
I will be arriving in Pamplona on 16 September 2019 from Madrid and staying overnight. I have booked a taxi to SJPDP for 17 September 2019. Is anyone interested in sharing?

Marla

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Oct-Nov 2014
My wife and I arrive Pamplona airport late Oct. 2, will spend the night then plan to book a taxi for the morning of October 3. We prefer not to wait for the afternoon bus.
Please contact me if you can join us and share the cost of the taxi.

davebugg

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2017)
Camino Frances (2018)
Camino Ingles (2019)
My wife and I arrive Pamplona airport late Oct. 2, will spend the night then plan to book a taxi for the morning of Oct. 3. We prefer not to wait for the afternoon bus.
There is also the option of reserving a taxi and asking that the reservation be shared by others. One cab company in Pamplona does this.

When looking at transport options from Pamplona to SJPdP, this taxi company in Pamplona specializes in transporting pilgrims from Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied de Port.

You make your reservation online. You tell them your arrival location for pick up. During the reservation process, you can choose an option stating that you want to share a taxi with others going to SJPdP. The fare is shared by all the passengers. The company will then work to schedule a full taxi for you.

If they already have a taxi scheduled to travel to SJPdP near your time of arrival in Pamplona, and that taxi still has a seat available, they can reserve a seat on that taxi for you.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2014
Camino Portugues 2015
My wife and I arrive at the Pamplona train station on Friday, 13 September, and will spend the night.
We plan to book a taxi for SJPP in the mid-afternoon of Saturday, 14 September.

Marla in CA

Camino(s) past & future
Is anyone interested in sharing a taxi from Pamplona to SJPDP on 17 September, 2019?

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%