A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Taxi Share 2019 TAXI SHARE Thread Pamplona to Roncesvalles/SJPP

William Marques

Staff member
As there are people looking to share on this route I have started a thread for 2019.

It is suggested you contact each other by the Conversation function to make arrangements. To the left of the a post there is the persons name and avatar click either and press the "Start a Conversation" button that appears.

May I also suggest that when you have found someone to share or have made the journey that you delete your post so that only current share offers and requests are on the thread.

All individual threads related to taxis from Pamplona to Roncesvalles and SJPP will be merged into this one so please do not cause the moderators extra work by starting your own thread.

If you are going to give a date which you want to share on please write it as 2nd July 2019 as 2/7/19 or 7/2/19 can be misunderstood by people on different sides of the Atlantic.

The bus line is Autocares Artieda and they have a ticket window in the main bus station in Pamplona. The fare to Roncesvalles was 6 Euros in 2018.
http://www.autocaresartieda.com/?scc=roncesvalles

During the main walking season Alsa bus line runs a daily bus from Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied de Port. The bus leaves Pamplona at 1400 hours and arrives SJPP 1545 hours. It runs every day, including Sundays and holidays, which isn't the case with the service from Pamplona to Roncesvalles. You can purchase the ticket at the Alsa window at the bus station, for €20.

Jamieb

Pamploma - SJPP on 5th June 2019 if anyone interested in sharing taxi or meeting to ride bus together - just have a bit of anxiety about navigating thru bus/taxi or train system for first time.

Last edited by a moderator:

MargieMac

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Finisterre "September 2016, European Peace Walk " 2017", LP Sev. to Salamanca, Portugese 2019.
Pamploma -SJPP on 16th April 2019. Anyone interested in sharing taxi with 2 ladies.

MarkA

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2019
I'm travelling Pamplona to St Jean Pied de Port on 18 April 2019. If anyone is interested to share a taxi charter, please message me using the Forum email service.

(If I travel alone, I'll have to wait for the Conda bus which does not depart until the afternoon. A taxi has the advantage of leaving earlier in the day.)

davebugg

"When I Have Your Wounded" - Dustoff Motto
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
Hi, Mark....

When looking at transport options from Pamplona to SJPdP, I found this taxi company in Pamplona which specializes in taking pilgrims to SJPdP. You make an online reservation for pickup at your arrival location. During the reservation process, you have the option to select that you are willing to share a taxi with others going to SJPdP, so that the fare is split up. The company will work to schedule a full taxi for you, or assign you to a taxi from someone else's reservation to share.

MarkA

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2019
Many thanks Dave - excellent find! Its nice to "outsource" the finding of fellow passengers.

Gwyn

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP to Burgos 2018
SJPdP to Santiago 2019
Hi Mark
Are you firm on the date?
I shall be looking to make the same journey on the 19th , and having used the bus last year would prefer a more comfortable ride. Can't make 18th as need to get over flight from Sydney before setting off.
Regards
Gwyn

MarkA

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2019
Hi Gwyn - Yes my dates are firm.

I'll be using the taxi service recommended by davebugg in his reply above (see http://www.taxipamplona.com/en/comparte.php). This takes the responsibility off me - I figure I'll get at least one sharing passenger, maybe more, and that's good enough for my purposes.

Cheers - m

LSBPDX

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2019)
I'm travelling Pamplona to St Jean Pied de Port on 18 April 2019. If anyone is interested to share a taxi charter, please message me using the Forum email service.

(If I travel alone, I'll have to wait for the Conda bus which does not depart until the afternoon. A taxi has the advantage of leaving earlier in the day.)
Mark - I'm also travelling Pamplona to SJPP on 18 April 2019. But first I have to get from Madrid to Pamplona, so I won't be ready for a taxi until late in the afternoon (I haven't figured out how to find the train schedules yet). Have you already signed up on the TeleTaxi site?

Gwyn

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP to Burgos 2018
SJPdP to Santiago 2019
Mark - I'm also travelling Pamplona to SJPP on 18 April 2019. But first I have to get from Madrid to Pamplona, so I won't be ready for a taxi until late in the afternoon (I haven't figured out how to find the train schedules yet). Have you already signed up on the TeleTaxi site?
Hi LSBPDX
have no idea where you are flying in from to Madrid.
Know from experience that you need to get a good nights sleep before you set off
I am flying in from Sydney to Madrid arriving early on 17th. Will then take the bus to Pamplona.
Overnight for two nights to get used to Spanish time and will head to St Jean on the 19th April if you are interested. In my view going from Airport to Pamplona and onto St Jean the same day a little foolhardy if you intend to start from St Jean the next day. So if you cannot arrange everything for the 18th I shall be probably looking for a taxi share on the 19th if you are interested.
Gwyn

FluffyDuds

Camino(s) past & future
June 2018 (7days) June 2019 SJPD - Santiago de Compostela
I’m taking a taxi at 9:30am from Pamplona airport to SJPDP on the 1st June after arriving from Madrid if anyone is keen to share the ride.

Last edited:

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Pamplona to Santiago Mar. 2018
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)
Hi, Mark....

When looking at transport options from Pamplona to SJPdP, I found this taxi company in Pamplona which specializes in taking pilgrims to SJPdP. You make an online reservation for pickup at your arrival location. During the reservation process, you have the option to select that you are willing to share a taxi with others going to SJPdP, so that the fare is split up. The company will work to schedule a full taxi for you, or assign you to a taxi from someone else's reservation to share.
We used this service in sept. 2018. The service was excellent! My sister got motion sickness durng the hilly, windy ride to St. Jean. The driver was very kind and compassionate! He stopped the car let her get out and breathe for a few minutes and then put her in the front passenger seat. He drove very gently the rest of the way! Very verbally encouraging....Really nice driver.

FluffyDuds

Camino(s) past & future
June 2018 (7days) June 2019 SJPD - Santiago de Compostela
Hi LSBPDX, there is a train from Madrid at 7:30am, changing at Zaragova that gets you in to Pamplona at 11:17am.

Jenyat53

Camino(s) past & future
CF: September 2013 & April/ May 2014
CF: April/May 2016 CP Tui - SDC Feb 2018
Anyone travelling Pamplona to SJPdP on 7 April and want to share ride?

Gwyn

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP to Burgos 2018
SJPdP to Santiago 2019
Anyone travelling Pamplona to St Jean on Friday 19th April 2019 interested in sharing a taxi?

Last edited by a moderator:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (May 2019)
Anyone traveling from Pamplona to SJPdP on Tuesday, 30 April? I'm arriving in Pamplona @ 0930 hours.

Deborah Cormican

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances April 2019
Hi anyone travelling from Pamplona to Roncesvalles on 1st April 2019 and would like to share a taxi?

Gwyn

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP to Burgos 2018
SJPdP to Santiago 2019
Hi Gwyn - Yes my dates are firm.

I'll be using the taxi service recommended by davebugg in his reply above (see http://www.taxipamplona.com/en/comparte.php). This takes the responsibility off me - I figure I'll get at least one sharing passenger, maybe more, and that's good enough for my purposes.

Cheers - m
Mark A
How are you going with getting any passengers for your taxi on the 18th?
I have put out a thread for the 19th but have had no response so far.
Might be possible for me to go the 18th and spend two nights in St Jean instead of two nights in Pamplona to get over the Sydney flight. Tho not my preferred option. Keep me posted.
Gwyn

MarkA

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2019
The taxi company only accepts bookings 60 calendar days in advance, so I haven't yet booked. My understanding is that if I agree to share, it will be pot luck as to whether the taxi company finds other passengers to ride with me. I'm happy to wait and see...

Gwyn

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP to Burgos 2018
SJPdP to Santiago 2019
The taxi company only accepts bookings 60 calendar days in advance, so I haven't yet booked. My understanding is that if I agree to share, it will be pot luck as to whether the taxi company finds other passengers to ride with me. I'm happy to wait and see...
No worries.
I will stay in touch
Thanks for the update.
Any idea of the cost per person although would obviously depend on how many were sharing of course?
Gwyn

Jerilyn

Camino(s) past & future
"CF May 5, 2019"
Mark A
How are you going with getting any passengers for your taxi on the 18th?
I have put out a thread for the 19th but have had no response so far.
Might be possible for me to go the 18th and spend two nights in St Jean instead of two nights in Pamplona to get over the Sydney flight. Tho not my preferred option. Keep me posted.
Gwyn
Hi, Mark....

Thank you @davebugg for the recommendation. I am looking at this service for May 3. The airline just changed my flights as usual. This may be the only option to get us from Pamplona to St Jean on that day. Do you know if the price changes with more people in the taxi? They do not indicate this on their website.

MarkA

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2019
From memory the full cost of the taxi is EUR 104, so presumably EUR 52 if I find at least one other passenger (the details are on the taxi website if you follow the link in Davebugg's reply to me, go into the "make a booking" option).

There's no reason why you shouldn't consider the afternoon Conda bus: its designed to connect with buses coming up from Madrid. Its run by Conda and bookings are on the ALSA (parent company) website. Like the taxi company, the StJPP schedule and bookings are closed over the Winter.

Jerilyn

Camino(s) past & future
"CF May 5, 2019"
From memory the full cost of the taxi is EUR 104, so presumably EUR 52 if I find at least one other passenger (the details are on the taxi website if you follow the link in Davebugg's reply to me, go into the "make a booking" option).

There's no reason why you shouldn't consider the afternoon Conda bus: its designed to connect with buses coming up from Madrid. Its run by Conda and bookings are on the ALSA (parent company) website. Like the taxi company, the StJPP schedule and bookings are closed over the Winter.
Thank you! My flight arrival time has been changed to 5 PM, so the bus may not be an option.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 37 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 132 15.6%
  • May

Votes: 203 23.9%