A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Taxi Share 2019 TAXI SHARE Thread Santiago to Sarria

2020 Camino Guides

William Marques

Staff member
As there are people looking to share on this route I have started a thread for 2019.

It is suggested you contact each other by the Conversation function to make arrangements. To the left of the a post there is the persons name and avatar click either and press the "Start a Conversation" button that appears.

May I also suggest that when you have found someone to share or have made the journey that you delete your post so that only current share offers and requests are on the thread.

All individual threads related to taxis from Santiago to Sarria will be merged into this one so please do not cause the moderators extra work by starting your own thread.

If you are going to give a date which you want to share on please write it as 2nd July 2019 as 2/7/19 or 7/2/19 can be misunderstood by people on different sides of the Atlantic.

Useful information carried over from the previous Santiago to Sarria Taxi thread.

Taxis cost $130 from the airport to Sarria. There are a number of companies with which you can pre-book including the following:
If you stay the night in Santiago, a taxi into town from the airport will cost €23. To get to Sarria by bus will cost you approximately €15 each and involves getting 2 buses. First bus is with Empresa Freire (www.empresafreire.com) to Lugo and the second is with Monbus (www.monbus.es/en) from Lugo to Sarria. By bus it will take about 3 hours and by taxi about 90 minutes.

Tincatinker

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Lots ;0)
Are you travelling from Santiago or from the airport at Lavacolla? At what time of day were you proposing to share this taxi? Why not just catch the bus?

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria to Santiago 2014
Pamplona to Santiago 2017
Norte. 2018
Where us this? Where is the conversation button and what is an avatar? Sorry very technically challenged

William Marques

Staff member
An avatar is the picture to the left of each post (in your case it looks like a hot spring). If you hold your pointer over it or the name below it (not for yourself) you will see a panel appear at the base of which is a button "Start conversation"

Mark McCarthy

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2014 2015
Lourdes 2 SdC 2016
Sarria 2 SdC April&Oct 2016 & (April 2018)
Camino Baztan June 2017
Camino(s) past & future
2013 Camino Frances SJPP / 2014 Camino Portugues / 2015 Camino Ingles / 2015 Hospitalero Training
2016 (fall) Camino Sanabre / Hospitalero?
We were fortunate using “blablacar” to OCebriero you might try it . Very affordable when it works.

Zoran K.

ZK1107
Camino(s) past & future
CF - SJPDP to Santiago 1st - 29th July 2018
CF - SJPDP to Santiago 25th June - 22nd July 2019
Is anyone arriving on July 16th around 4 PM and wants to share taxi to Sarria

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnFG

Camino(s) past & future
Walking last 100km in September 2019
Hi I'm arriving on 20 Sept around 4.30pm from Dublin and wanting to share a taxi to Sarria.

mblind

Camino(s) past & future
September 2019
Hi. Two of us arrive at Santiago airport on Sept 18 at 12:55 pm. (Iberia flight from Madrid). This time does not easily coordiate with bus/train to Sarria. So we have reserved a private taxi to Sarria. There is room for another person (2?). Interested ib sharing?

Camino(s) past & future
2013 Camino Frances SJPP / 2014 Camino Portugues / 2015 Camino Ingles / 2015 Hospitalero Training
2016 (fall) Camino Sanabre / Hospitalero?
BLA-BLA cars is another way, cheaper but it does require some luck and timing.

jjny36

JJ
Camino(s) past & future
Rookie!
Aug 1-10, 2019
Sarria to Santiago
I just completed my first Camino on August. 7th. I took the same Iberia flight with arrival of 12:55pm. We landed earlier around 12:40 and was able to catch the bus to Lugo and from Lugo another bus to Sarria.

Sharing so you can have bus as an option and always get a taxi if you have to. Thank you!

mblind

Camino(s) past & future
September 2019
Thanks for the input. I did check Bla-Bla Cars, but nothing (so far) works with our schedule.
And while it would be nice to save money by taking a bus (assuming we can make the connection), we want the convenience of a direct ride to Sarria. We are women in our mid-70s and will be arriving in Santiago after an overnight flight from USA and 5 hours connect time in Madrid--so we will will be "dragging" when we arrive. The ease of a taxi is worth it to us.
We're looking forward to our Camino. It's something we've been planning to do for a few years now. It will be a "gentle" one (shorter distances each day than most folks) but it should be very rewarding.

caminolad

Camino(s) past & future
Frances,Portugues,Norte
Hi we are 3 brother travelling Dublin to Santiago with Aerlingus on 21st September arriving @ 16.20 . As we will not make the Bus to Sarria we are going to Hire a taxi and will have a space for one more to share the cost. Anybody out there interested in sharing ??

John

mbmc

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Ingles plan to walk in 2019
Hi

Does anyone want to share a taxi from the Santiago Airport
to Sarria

on Saturday, 12, October 2019?

I will be arriving at about 9:55 a.m on 12 October, 2019

Thanks!
Mary Beth

Last edited:

MAV

Camino(s) past & future
2016, and 2019
Hi - my name is Michaela, and I'm arriving on Weds 23rd October from Paris at 4.40pm. I can stay by the airport, and am willing to share ride to Sarria the next day on the 24th? Would love to hear from anyone doing the same.

JohnFG

Camino(s) past & future
Walking last 100km in September 2019
Hi. I'm arriving at Santiago airport from Dublin at approximately 4.30pm next Friday 20th September. I am looking for a taxi share to Sarria. I posted a few weeks ago and got no reply so I said I'd renew my appeal..😊

Susan M Fron

SusanM
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (August 2019)
Looking for a ride share from Santiago airport to Sarria on 28 September 2019 after 12:55 pm. Thanks

Ciaran3434

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Santiago (sept 2017)
Hi,

I'm arriving in santiago from Dublin tomorrow around 4pm. Anyone heading to sarria want to share a taxi?

Thanks,
Ciaran

Ciaran3434

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Santiago (sept 2017)
Hi. I'm arriving at Santiago airport from Dublin at approximately 4.30pm next Friday 20th September. I am looking for a taxi share to Sarria. I posted a few weeks ago and got no reply so I said I'd renew my appeal..😊
Hi john,

I think I'm on the same flight as you from Dublin with Airlingus. I'm also looking for a taxi to sarria. Let me know if you're interested.
Thanks,
Ciaran

cmckillen

Camino(s) past & future
1st Oct (2019)
Hello,
I arrive on the afternoon on the 30th September to Santiago airport - does anyone wish to share a transfer to Sarria ?? Thanks :)

Mark McCarthy

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2014 2015
Lourdes 2 SdC 2016
Sarria 2 SdC April&Oct 2016 & (April 2018)
Camino Baztan June 2017
Anyone travelling on October 26th. I am organising a group to walk from Sarria to Santiago. I ave therefore organised a coach to go directly to Sarria, leaving Santiago airport at 17:00. If anyone wants a ride, please contact me.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 188 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 308 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 353 28.4%
  • October

Votes: 150 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock