Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2019 version of Forum Guide ready for review before final posting!

peregrina2000

Staff member
Thanks to Athena, I got back into action yesterday and have finished up with the revisions of the guide. There is still the "getting lost on the way up from the Lalín river walk" issue, but I have decided that in the absence of anything better, I am just going to say that you can walk along the N-525 if you can't find the arrows. The guide does, however, have Kinky's GPS tracks, which will help some. I am not sure what is going on here, because the people who went through in late 2018 had no problem, so maybe something has changed. In any event, that's really the only bug right now. I am hoping to go back to the Invierno myself this summer, so I will have a better understanding of what the problem is, I hope. so next year's guide should be perfect. ;)

SO... if you would like to proofread or check information or have a look at this version, let me know and I will send you a word version. But I will have to do that via email, not via the forum. Just let me know. And many thanks to all the contributing forum members, this guide would not be any good without your interest and help.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Laurie, I think you and others will find the way easily up from the river walk in Lalin! As long a you walk until you see more arrows. They were not frequent, so I wondered some time if I was on the right way.
From the hotel there were yellow arrows on trees at the left side of the road through the industrial area (a level higher than the highway) that after 0,5-1km led you down to the tunnel to A Laxe on the right side.

Earlier, up from the riverwalk you started in a mudsea but it was marked all the way up to the road where it crossed the N- road and continued on a parallell a bit higher a km or so. I took the N- road and met the camino arrows by the hotel before the industrial road.

Last edited:
I hope. so next year's guide should be perfect. ;)

SO... if you would like to proofread or check information or have a look at this version, let me know and I will send you a word version. But I will have to do that via email, not via the forum. Just let me know. And many thanks to all the contributing forum members, this guide would not be any good without your interest and help.
Hi Laurie
I just sent you an email with lots of pics re river walk exit. I don’t want to confuse the issue further here.
Sorry to be so late. They may make it clear to you but maybe not.
Happy new year from hot and humid Sydney / looks to be the total extreme where you are.

Annie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
So glad this will be finalized by the time we walk in April. Are my hubby and me the next to walk? Or is someone walking prior to April?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Agoodwalkunspoiled is a blog where a couple have just started on the Invierno.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back