A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Taxi Share 2020 TAXI SHARE Thread Biarritz/Bayonne to SJPP

2020 Camino Guides

William Marques

Staff member
As there are people looking to share on this route I have started a thread for 2020.

It is suggested you contact each other by the Conversation function to make arrangements. To the left of the a post there is the persons name and avatar click either and press the "Start a Conversation" button that appears.

May I also suggest that when you have found someone to share or have made the journey that you delete your post so that only current share offers and requests are on the thread.

All individual threads related to taxis from Bayonne or Biarritz to SJPP will be merged into this one so please do not cause the moderators extra work by starting your own thread.

If you are going to give a date which you want to share on please write it as 2nd July 2020 as 2/7/20 or 7/2/20 can be misunderstood by people on different sides of the Atlantic.

Useful information carried over from the previous Biarritz to SJPP Taxi thread.

Make sure you contact Caroline at Express Burricot <apcaroline@hotmail.com>. Chances are you'll end up riding with her anyway!

My advice to you all is - Don't panic. Caroline at Burricott Express is very good at infilling the minibuses. So whenever you are going either book (if you can) or email to ask if you can share an already booked taxi. I think you can be confident of infill taking place most of the times. If you have booked and are worried about ending up paying most of the cost, then I have only one thing to say - relax, let the Camino provide, let this be an early opportunity for you to let go and go with the flow.

"I never used them but also got a good fare from Bertrand at Bertrand - BIP TAXI <info@bip-taxi-hendaye.com>"

"My husband and I arrived in Biarritz two years ago and simply asked people carrying backpacks and waiting outside the airport if they wanted to share a taxi to SJPP (very easy to differentiate pilgrims from holiday in Biarritz folks). Within 5 minutes we had a group of 5 people together and on our way. I think it cost us about €25 per person and we were there within an hour. Oh, and we met a guy whom we ended up walking with and who has become a great friend. Just roll with the experience, I say!"

Useful information can also be found in
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/comm...-other-information-on-biarritz-to-sjpp.25157/

Sharry

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2020)
I arrive at the Biarritz airport on 8 May, 2020 at 21:00. If anyone wants to share Express Bourricot or a taxi to SJPP that night or the next morning from Bayonne, PM me.

Zamora

Camino(s) past & future
Francês (2020)
I have booked a taxi from Biarritz airport for April 21st late afternoon to SJPdP.
Ordered through Express Bourricot, if anyone wishes to share please let me know.

Camino(s) past & future
CF September (2019) SJPP to Logrono
CF May/June (2020) Logrono to ?
Just do it through Express Bourricot directly, it takes away the faff of doing it yourself, which is how we did it. Its very easy, they keep in touch with you, and you are not relying on people that might or might not turn up. (not saying they won't ;) ) When you book, just say you want to share and its all sorted, they will even tell you the time of the multiple minibus taxis that run every day.

Michael-FL

Camino(s) past & future
Caminho Portugues (2017)
Frances/Salvador/Primitivo (2021)
Just do it through Express Bourricot directly, it takes away the faff of doing it yourself, which is how we did it. Its very easy, they keep in touch with you, and you are not relying on people that might or might not turn up. (not saying they won't ;) ) When you book, just say you want to share and its all sorted, they will even tell you the time of the multiple minibus taxis that run every day.
Thanks, David! Do you know how late the Express Bourricot shuttle runs? I have a 20:55 arrival on 16 April at Biarritz Airport from Paris, traveling from Florida.

Camino(s) past & future
CF September (2019) SJPP to Logrono
CF May/June (2020) Logrono to ?
The taxis stopped between 2100hrs and 2200hrs when I was there last September.
But, drop an email to EB as they are really very good at responding and advising what is available.

This is their website.

When you exit arrivals at Biarritz take the side exit to the right, this takes you to the taxi rank, expect to see other people waiting or there will be a timed taxi already there. The taxis are very frequent and as long as you have booked your slot there is nothing to worry about, its all very easy actually. (Its a very small airport)

I also attach more info from EB about pricing too.

Attachments

Michael-FL

Camino(s) past & future
Caminho Portugues (2017)
Thanks, David. I did just that (sent them an online request) and received an automatic response. Will await their reply. Given my planned late arrival time at Biarritz, I may just have to get a hotel at Biarritz and take a shuttle/taxi/bus the next morning to SJPP. I may be assuming a lot.

Sharry

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2020)
Thanks, David. I did just that (sent them an online request) and received an automatic response. Will await their reply. Given my planned late arrival time at Biarritz, I may just have to get a hotel at Biarritz and take a shuttle/taxi/bus the next morning to SJPP. I may be assuming a lot.
I'm arriving late at the Biarritz Airport two weeks after you. Advice to me on this forum has included staying the night in Bayonne, which is equally as far from the Biarritz Airport as Biarritz, and taking the train into SJPP. If Express Bourricot cannot transport me to SJPP the night I arrive, that is what I will do. There are a few hotels very close to the train station.

Michael-FL

Camino(s) past & future
Caminho Portugues (2017)
I'm arriving late at the Biarritz Airport two weeks after you. Advice to me on this forum has included staying the night in Bayonne, which is equally as far from the Biarritz Airport as Biarritz, and taking the train into SJPP. If Express Bourricot cannot transport me to SJPP the night I arrive, that is what I will do. There are a few hotels very close to the train station.
Many thanks, Sharry. I got a reply from Express Bourricot, regretting that their shuttles do not run as late as my 21:00 arrival at Biarritz AP. I will look into your advice to stay in Bayonne and take the train to SJPP the following morning. Do you know what the departure times are from Bayonne to SJPP? Cheers, Michael

Sharry

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2020)
I'm a newbie, but I think there are four of them - something like 8:40, 11:40, 3:40 and 5:40. These are my guesses but they're easy to find online. Posts on this forum said to wait until ~three months in advance to book; one said he didn't reserve in advance and got on anyway. Other comments had to do with the train strike in France. I got the same reply from EB, so will be looking for lodging in Bayonne and taking the train. Let me know if you find a hotel you like. I found one very close to the station, but it's a little pricey. Might be worth it given how tired I expect I'll be.

Michael-FL

Camino(s) past & future
Caminho Portugues (2017)
I'm a newbie, but I think there are four of them - something like 8:40, 11:40, 3:40 and 5:40. These are my guesses but they're easy to find online. Posts on this forum said to wait until ~three months in advance to book; one said he didn't reserve in advance and got on anyway. Other comments had to do with the train strike in France. I got the same reply from EB, so will be looking for lodging in Bayonne and taking the train. Let me know if you find a hotel you like. I found one very close to the station, but it's a little pricey. Might be worth it given how tired I expect I'll be.
Thanks Sharry. Right there with you in the newbie department. Yeah, right after I posed my question to you re times I found a site, virail.com, which listed several departure times, starting at 07:51. Agreed on the hotel close to the station, albeit a little pricey. I’ll be a complete zombie, since I am never able to sleep in cattle-car class on Trans-Atlantic flights, so I’ll be too knackered to care. Cheers, Michael

Michael-FL

Camino(s) past & future
Caminho Portugues (2017)
Thanks Sharry. Right there with you in the newbie department. Yeah, right after I posed my question to you re times I found a site, virail.com, which listed several departure times, starting at 07:51. Agreed on the hotel close to the station, albeit a little pricey. I’ll be a complete zombie, since I am never able to sleep in cattle-car class on Trans-Atlantic flights, so I’ll be too knackered to care. Cheers, Michael
OK, so I found a hotel, Hotel Cote Basque, just across the street from the Bayonne Train Station at $69. Found it using the Rome2rio app. It’ll do. Looks clean and it’s a place to crash right by the train station.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Santiago planned for end April 2020
Hi, Due to Flight changes Express Burricot is now booked for the 27th @ April 2020 @ 17:30 to pick us up from Biarritz airport.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Francés 2020 - Planned
Three of us are booked on Express Bouricott from Biarritz airport at 18 00 on 13 April. There's room for more Peregrinos to join us :)

William Marques

Staff member
From N_Derbas

This is my first Camino ..... I fly in to Biarrtz-Bayonne on the 19th of May 2020 at 5:45pm and I am hoping to be at the pilgrims office in SJPDP before they close for the day.

Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks 🙂

Zamora

Camino(s) past & future
Francês (2020)
Change of plan, the lovely people at Ryanair have moved my flight 5 hours later.
Will now not arrive in Biarritz until 10:00 pm. Planning on staying in Biarritz or Bayonne for the night and getting the train the following morning.
Have now rescheduled first two nights accommodation and cancelled EB taxi.
Thanks Ryanair 😡

Graham Skinner

Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP to Santiago Mar 27 2020
Hi, Doing my first Camino (SJPDP to Santiago) commencing Mar 26 or 27. Arriving Biarritz airport on Wed 25 March at 17:40. Booked a taxi and more than happy to share with other pilgrims. if anyone is arriving around the same time.

davebugg

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2017)
Frances(2018)
Ingles(2019)
Aragones(2020)
Portuguese(2020)
Hi, Doing my first Camino (SJPDP to Santiago) commencing Mar 26 or 27. Arriving Biarritz airport on Wed 25 Mar at 17:40. Booked a taxi and more than happy to share with other pilgrims. if anyone is arriving around the same time.
Another thing you can do is walk to the main airport entrance and look for fellow pilgrims -- packs, shells, patches, anxious expressions :). Ask if anyone would like to share a taxi. You'll likely get a few takers.

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2020? Hopefully Via de Bayona/Burgos to Ponferrada/Camino de Invierno
OK, so I found a hotel, Hotel Cote Basque, just across the street from the Bayonne Train Station at $69. Found it using the Rome2rio app. It’ll do. Looks clean and it’s a place to crash right by the train station.
It’s a great place, can really recommend. Stayed there a few times. Clean, comfortable and ideal situation. Slowest lift ever though 😂

Michael-FL

Camino(s) past & future
Caminho Portugues (2017)
Change of plan, the lovely people at Ryanair have moved my flight 5 hours later.
Will now not arrive in Biarritz until 10:00 pm. Planning on staying in Biarritz or Bayonne for the night and getting the train the following morning.
Have now rescheduled first two nights accommodation and cancelled EB taxi.
Thanks Ryanair 😡
I feel your pain, Z.

N_Derbas

Camino(s) past & future
French Route
My first Camino ......I'm flying in to BIarritz on the 19th of May 2020 with an expected time of arrival at 5:45pm from Melbourne Australia. Looking for anyone interested in sharing a taxi to St Jean Pied de Port

Last edited by a moderator:

Nroca

Camino(s) past & future
Frances April 2020
Anyone interested in taxi share on Monday 6th April.
Our flight arrives at 17.20 in Biarritz.
We have booked with Bourricot and more than happy to share to reduce cost per person.

Last edited:

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 51 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 183 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 297 24.5%
  • June

Votes: 86 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 349 28.7%
  • October

Votes: 149 12.3%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock