• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2020 TAXI SHARE Thread Santiago to Sarria

William Marques

Staff member
As there are people looking to share on this route I have started a thread for 2020.

It is suggested you contact each other by the Conversation function to make arrangements. To the left of the a post there is the persons name and avatar click either and press the "Start a Conversation" button that appears.

May I also suggest that when you have found someone to share or have made the journey that you delete your post so that only current share offers and requests are on the thread.

All individual threads related to taxis from Santiago to Sarria will be merged into this one so please do not cause the moderators extra work by starting your own thread.

If you are going to give a date which you want to share on please write it as 2nd July 2020 as 2/7/20 or 7/2/20 can be misunderstood by people on different sides of the Atlantic.

Useful information carried over from the previous Santiago to Sarria Taxi thread.

Taxis cost $130 from the airport to Sarria. There are a number of companies with which you can pre-book including the following:
If you stay the night in Santiago, a taxi into town from the airport will cost €23. To get to Sarria by bus will cost you approximately €15 each and involves getting 2 buses. First bus is with Empresa Freire (www.empresafreire.com) to Lugo and the second is with Monbus (www.monbus.es/en) from Lugo to Sarria. By bus it will take about 3 hours and by taxi about 90 minutes.

Camino(s) past & future
2013 Camino Frances SJPP / 2014 Camino Portugues / 2015 Camino Ingles / 2015 Hospitalero Training
2016 (fall) Camino Sanabre / Hospitalero?
We have had very good luck using "blablacar" once paying $35 to get to O'Cebriero a $215 taxi ride.

missb

Camino(s) past & future
I plan to walk from Sarria to Santiago in May 2020
Hi,
I will be arriving in Santiago on Friday 22nd May at 16.30. I was wondering if anyone was arriving the same time to share a taxi to Sarria?

maraja

Camino(s) past & future
St Jean to Los Arcos (2015)
Los Arcos to Burgos (2016)
We have had very good luck using "blablacar" once paying $35 to get to O'Cebriero a $215 taxi ride.
Hi William
Can you advise how "Blablacar"works.I am arriving in Santiago on a 17 .30 pm flight & would like to get to Pedrafita O'Cebreiro that evening.All advice welcome.
TIA

lizwalking

Camino(s) past & future
Camino frances(2007)Norte(2010)Primitivo(2012)VDLP(?2012)Hospitalera in Najera(2015)Frances(2015) Ho
?taxi share to Sarria. My flight arrives on April 21st. 4.30pm.

Camino(s) past & future
2013 Camino Frances SJPP / 2014 Camino Portugues / 2015 Camino Ingles / 2015 Hospitalero Training
2016 (fall) Camino Sanabre / Hospitalero?
Hi William
Can you advise how "Blablacar"works.I am arriving in Santiago on a 17 .30 pm flight & would like to get to Pedrafita O'Cebreiro that evening.All advice welcome.
TIA
blablacars is a bit like rolling the dice. It isn't a taxi service but a ride share. If you're lucky someone is going your way. It is just another resource .......

maraja

Camino(s) past & future
St Jean to Los Arcos (2015)
Los Arcos to Burgos (2016)
Thank you William
I have decided to go for the safe option & booked a ride Taxiperegrino.com with which is costing E160.

Irishgal

Camino(s) past & future
gradually walking Camino Frances 1 week at a time
Myself and sister landing into Santiago from Dublin on 8th June at 16.30, anyone want to share a taxi to Sarria or Triacastela

caminodro

Camino(s) past & future
Frances
Hi
We are two persons landing in Santaigo on July 31 at 16:40.
We would be happy to share a taxi to Sarria

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts