• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2021 Holy Year Reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I have already made reservations for many places for Holy Year 2021 and believe it or not, it's filling up fast.
If you plan on walking in Holy Year and plan on making reservations, you may want to get moving on it.

That's all folks.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have already made reservations for many places for Holy Year 2021 and believe it or not, it's filling up fast.
If you plan on walking in Holy Year and plan on making reservations, you may want to get moving on it.

That's all folks.;)

I was in Santiago two months ago - and saw the prediction of 10 million visitors to the city in 2021 - 10% as pilgrims....

In the interests of self preservation, I am voting with my feet and planning to be somewhere else in 20121 - haven't decide what and where but it wont be doing a camino..

NOTE - a more 'modest' projection by a tour operator Yolandi van der Wath of Tours to Israel & Beyond was that "between 500 000 - 600 000 pilgrims will flock to Santiago during the next Holy Year - 2021!" (https://www.traveller24.com/FindYou...or-santiago-camino-holy-year-in-2021-20190219)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

That's all folks.;)

Yikes! Think I'll skip 2021...

If you plan on walking in Holy Year and plan on making reservations, you may want to get moving on it. That's all folks.;)
Hola Annie, well at this stage I do not intend to be anywhere near any Camino in 2021. But if I was I would be hiring a mobile home, with a co-driver to meet me at our agreed to end of day stopover. It solves the accommodation and 10kg backpack issue.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Kindly advice which month (e.g., June, July, Aug, Sept) or months in 2021 are filling up, as well as the places (e.g., Sarina and thereafter) if you don't mind.

Best regards,

That's all folks.;)

@Annie, are you finding things that are full on the internet booking sites, like booking.com, hotels.com, etc, or are you hearing directly from the establishments that their places are already full on your proposed dates in 2021? I would imagine that any place that takes a reservation directly for 2021 would want some kind of a deposit, and I also imagine that there are LOTS of places on the Francés that are not even going to start taking reservations yet. But I could be wrong on both counts, so I hope you can give more info!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@Annie, are you finding things that are full on the internet booking sites, like booking.com, hotels.com, etc, or are you hearing directly from the establishments that their places are already full on your proposed dates in 2021?

Both. But usually when I contact them personally. Booking.com is not taking reservations for 2021 yet, but several websites are already indicating their rooms are nearly booked up for 2021 in some places.

That's all folks.;)
Wont be walking in 2021. Via Francigena might be a better bet. As far as booking ahead, I never do it. Its just my personal opinion but I think booking ahead is a problem causing a problem.

My wife and I have been walking the Camino Frances on a two year cycle, each time in Sept - Oct for the years 2015, 2017, 2019. During our recent camino, we asked many albergue owners about how crowded the camino will be in 2021. One said that he already had reservations for 2021 and only had a few rooms still available. So we decided to walk the camino next year to avoid the crowds. We already have firm reservations for private rooms every night in 2020.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Walking VDLP in 2020 and Ingles as well as Finistere in 2021. I use an agent to help with bookings. They also said that they have been surprised at the number of reservations that they have already taken. I don't mind the crowds but I suspect the prices will go up just as they have for hundreds of years along any popular route during festival time.

My wife and I have been walking the Camino Frances on a two year cycle, each time in Sept - Oct for the years 2015, 2017, 2019. During our recent camino, we asked many albergue owners about how crowded the camino will be in 2021. One said that he already had reservations for 2021 and only had a few rooms still available. So we decided to walk the camino next year to avoid the crowds. We already have firm reservations for private rooms every night in 2020.

Can you share which private rooms places you have found that you like? We are planning on walking the camino Frances for the first time in October. Thanks!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
2021 might also be a good year to try some of the untraveled caminos — Olvidado from Bilbao to Ponferrada, Mozárabe from any one of a number of places to Mérida, Levante, Ebro, Castellano-ARagonés, some of those Portugués caminos (Zamorano, Geira, Interior), the list goes on and on. Santiago might not be on my list of destinations for 2021, but I get so much from my caminos that even without the longed-for entrance into Santiago, I sure hope to walk!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

That's all folks.;)
I'm planning on 2021, and to be in Santiago for St. James Feast Day. Have already started the process of reservations. I am walking Muxia/Finisterre reverse to Santiago.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I'm planning on 2021, and to be in Santiago for St. James Feast Day. Have already started the process of reservations. I am walking Muxia/Finisterre reverse to Santiago.

Make sure you book your accommodation in Santiago ASAP!
BC SY

2021 might also be a good year to try some of the untraveled caminos — Olvidado from Bilbao to Ponferrada, Mozárabe from any one of a number of places to Mérida, Levante, Ebro, Castellano-ARagonés, some of those Portugués caminos (Zamorano, Geira, Interior), the list goes on and on. Santiago might not be on my list of destinations for 2021, but I get so much from my caminos that even without the longed-for entrance into Santiago, I sure hope to walk!
Would you put the VDLP in this group?

Did you use booking.com to book accommodation. Is it now possible to book public Albergues? How can you know what will be open this year.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Welcome.

As you will appreciate there is considerable uncertainty about any form of Camino, in Spain, for the foreseeable future.

Booking.com is one option for booking accomodation. Many guidebooks and listing sites will offer direct contact details. Gronze is a reasonable on-line source of contacts.

It is possible to book some public alberges, recently those in Galicia have been made available online. See a recent thread on this forum.

Nobody knows what the situation will be later in 2021. Book anything at your discretion, and at your own risk.

Did you use booking.com to book accommodation. Is it now possible to book public Albergues? How can you know what will be open this year.
I am going to close this thread, most of which was written in the distant past before Covid entered our lives. There is a new thread discussing the topic of reservations for 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.