Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2021 Porto to Santiago de Compostala

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
I have walked spring and summer and it is lovely anytime, if you plan to walk along the beaches be remined that the resort areas are booked heavily during the summer so vacant rooms are hard to find.

Camino(s) past & future
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
I really have no idea but it was the time of year my brother and I originally selected. In fact Monday would have been our departure day.Now we do not know when/if we will get to see the Nth Atlantic coast.

Damico Walking

Ready, and waiting, to walk
Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese coastal route May 2020 (not to be)
Portuguese coastal route TBD post COVID-19
We were scheduled to begin walking on May 24 this year.. but alas not to be. We are hoping to reschedule for early May next year, 2021. Hopefully getting in after Corona virus vaccines are available and before the holy year stampede. P.S. Nobody else plan for his time period ;)

dfox

Camino(s) past & future
CF (4/2017)
CP (5/2019)
CF (5/2021)
The weather was great for our walk on the Central route of CP between May 11 and 30. There was light rain in one morning.

I am hoping the CF route would have been open in May next year.

AndreaCT

Camino(s) past & future
2016 CF
2017 CF and Finnisterre
2019 CP and Muxia
I walked it in May last year. It wasn't too hot and even when it rained, it wasn't cold. I am so glad that I reserved a bed at Casa Fernanda's on the Central Route . I met so many wonderful people there!

Bill Krueger

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2016)
Camino Portugues (June-2018)
we walked in June, 2018, ending on the 29th along the Coastal route from Porto. The weather was magnificent, fewer pilgrims and wonderful scenery.

Dojo

Camino(s) past & future
CF (SJDP to SDC) Aug - Oct 2019
CP (Porto to SDC) May 2021
I'm planning on walking Porto-Santiago-Fisterre-Muxia in May 2021. Looking at the last few years of weather in Portugal/Spain for May - mid 70s as a high and low of mid 55s - great for walking. I plan on doing the Coastal Route from Porto - Pontevedra, then the Espiritual Route around to Padron. Hope to see you on the trail!

mike mcbroom

Camino(s) past & future
Francis June 17, 2015 ,Portagusee from Porto to Santiago August 2016, Francis may 2018 this year wil
MAY SHOULD BE GREAT WEATHER. I think we.may do the same. LOOKS THIS YEAR IS A BUST

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock