• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

20th Aug start SJPP

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Who is starting out next Wed 20th Aug from SJPP.

Tony
Hubby and I are 3 day behind you! We start out from SJPdP on the 23rd. I should check the weather there.. not concerned about the heat, just how cold does it get in the evenings/early mornings. Thinking may need extra warm clothing. We end our journey mid October.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hubby and I are 3 day behind you! We start out from SJPdP on the 23rd. I should check the weather there.. not concerned about the heat, just how cold does it get in the evenings/early mornings. Thinking may need extra warm clothing. We end our journey mid October.
not sure how cold it could mid Oct. I hope to finish up Sep 24. well I have to finish Sep 24

Sounds like you will be walking more miles than us each day to finish up by 9/24 , so we may not meet -- glad we conversed here! :) May your blessings be many along The Way!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Read in today's paper that Santiago had a low of 41*. I have one thin rain/wind jacket, 1 "isotherm" rain/wind pants, 2 thinish long sleeved merino wool tops, and now will consider gloves.. In the early spring I like them when our temps are at 40 or below, and early fall will echo that need. Boy, my pack is getting heavier.. Still need to gather and weigh. I will also have other layers: 1 merino tank top and 1 short sleeve top. Assorted weight merino socks. Also packing a "buff". I think I'll be fine. Ask for a blanket at night.

Hey Tony - I started out on the 20th August from SJPP in 2012.I met one person from the Forum in Pamplona but was already walking with 2 people by then.
Throughout the whole Camino there was always a few people that I knew and liked walking with although people came and went all the time(I took my time so people tended to be a little faster).
I found it pretty warm throughout the first 2/3rds Dreamwalker - a little coolish in the mornings sometime depending on when you start.A bit cool towards the end and going to Finisterre and over some of the ranges(it got quite cool over the range before Burgos).I only had a lightweight shirt,lightweight fleece and jacket and that was plenty - layering is the answer.I took thermals like your Merino stuff and never got them out once.For rain would suggest a poncho - heaps better than a jacket.
Have a good one - wish I was coming with you - kiwiDave

I may pick up a poncho before Burgos, then or when the weather deems I get one. I have a rain cover for my backpack and using waterproff sea-to-summit bags inside the pack, also. I like the warm days and when I'm walking the cool is refreshing, but after being in the sun all day, sometimes I get a chill in the evenings. Good to hear your comments - Thank you! And wish you were coming with us, too!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back