• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Camino Olvidado Guide created by one of our forum members

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

21 stages from Bilbao to Villafranca

peregrina2000

Staff member
Several camino associations along the Camino Olvidado are sponsoring a walk in late April to reawaken public awareness about the Camino Olvidado. Information on the stages, and the telephone number to call if you want to sign up is listed on the poster in the article. It looks like you can walk as many or as few of the stages as you want.

http://www.bembibredigital.com/cult...o-a-santiago-abierta-a-la-libre-participacion

Several forum members have walked the route, and I think we concur that it is one you should put on your wish list. There are several days in the mountains that sit right up there with the Salvador, Vadiniense, or Catalán, IMO. And it can't' be a 4 **** camino without some good romanesque, and this one does not disappoint!

What has happened since Susanna and I walked is that Ender (aka the Salvador angel) has turned his not inconsiderable talents towards the Olvidado (it crosses the Vadiniense in Cistierna and the Salvador in La Robla, so it is all in his neighborhood). He has spent years marking, working with associations on the albergue issue, and he says it's ready to be walked! I do have some documents from him listing accommodation, but cannot post them till I'm back at a desktop computer. But if you are inspired to head out immediately, send me a PM and I will email them to you.

Susanna and I did write up a little "guide" based on a Spanish language guide and reworked as we walked it, but I think that Ender has done major re-routing to avoid asphalt. Here's a great project for someone -- take our Olvidado guide, walk with Ender's new arrows, and update the guide for the forum. Any takers?

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/categories/camino-olvidado.47/

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you so much for this. I copied the link and emailed to a peregrina (now a friend) I met on the Frances in 2015. She is very interested in this as it allows her to walk from the ferry from England which docks at Bilbao.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Laurie, did you find out what he means by 'inaugural' on his poster?

My feet are itching.
Maybe someday when all my visa time is not taken up with other things. Connecting to Ponferrada in order to walk to Santiago via the Invierno is possible, yes Laurie?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back