• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Pabloneill,

Firstly, many Irish pilgrims get their first sello at the main reception in Guinness's brewery, which I did last September. It was noticed by many a albergue volunteer in Spain as being unusual but not totally uncommon. so at the very least do this.

Also remember back in the middle ages the port of Dublin was much
closer to the Brewery than it is now so they actually sailed down the Liffey from St James Gate.

Secondly if you walk to the airport do you intend to walk from Biarritz to St Jean Pied de Port?

I have a French friend who walked from his home in St Jean de Luz (South of Biarritz) dirctly to Roncesvalles

I know of a man aged 80 who walked a few years ago every step from Rostrevor in County Down to Santiago ( except for the fery crossing to France obviously)

Whichever way you go .........enjoy

PS.

We might even meet on the Camino , my wife and I are recommencing in Leon on June 4th or 5th so if you are a fast walker you might catch us on the way !

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Just when you think you know it all!!

Hi John,

Thank you so much for the reply.I'm planning on getting bus/train from Biarritz to SJPDP,but something about starting the camino(the walking part!)on home soil really appeals to me.As i have a brother living near croke park ,i can easily do it in two stages..st.james gate/croker..croker/airport...Well,i have a few weeks to decide..

I had planned to get my credential in SJPDP,but will now definetly get it here now and get my first sello in St. james gate...i'm a big fan of our liffey water :D

I rang the Irish societyof St james,i can arrange to have my credencial posted to me...or,i have been given the number for St james church beside the brewery where it is possible,with prior arrangement, to get a credencial there!!

My camino has change dramatically in the last 12 hours...just when i thought i knew it all,

:oops: :oops: !!

Finally,i am quite a fast walker,so maybe we'll see each other along the way!

Thanks again and buen camino,

Paul.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Irish Pilgrims...Help!!!!

Hi Pablo,

I just got the passport from the Irish society this week. It comes with a special irish society stamp as your first stamp. I will also try and get the stamp at St James gate before i leave.
Dublin airport is probably ony ten miles from St james Gate, so it is certaintly doable. However, traditionally Irish pilgrims didnt Fly, they got boats from dublin Coruna or from Kerry,
http://www.jeaniejohnston.ie/photo_gallery3.html
See you in spain, we will be in st jean on 26th
Brian

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the reply,i've sent off my stamped addressed A4 to the irsh society and i will definetly drop up to St.james gate for one there also..not too sure on walking to the airport at the moment..will see how i feel closer to the time,i may just prepare myself for SJPDP and onwards...hopefully will see you on along the way..

have a safe journey,

Paul.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back