Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

COVID $24 home COVID Ag TEST

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Marbe2

Year of past OR future Camino
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!

$24 for 2 tests. Take with you to Spain, best to ship to destination. ?heat sensitive.
Seems to be same Binax test offered by American Airlines for $150 [6 pack]. But states on eMed that it's not approved for int'l travel,not sure why.
If PCR test was previously required to exit USA then this test for international travel would not have been suitable...maybe one explanation (international travel begins when you depart from ). Not everyone examines the requirements as carefully as this group!

Last edited:
Norte, Jul 2021
If PCR test was previously required to exit USA then this test for international travel would not have been suitable...maybe one explanation? Not everyone examines the requirements as carefully as this group!
CDC: PCR or Ag

I think the issue is the 2pack version doesn't have the Navica mobile app authenticator. It seems just for personal info at home, not as formal as needed for border crossing. Same test though.

Note: it is advertised on American Airlines site for int'l travellers returning to USA.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 6.01.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 6.01.54 AM.png
    325.8 KB · Views: 9

trecile

Camino Addict
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I think the issue is the 2pack version doesn't have the Navica mobile app authenticator. It seems just for personal info at home, not as formal as needed for border crossing. Same test though.
Exactly. A home test that hasn't been monitored to confirm who took the test would not be accepted.

Anhalter

2019 CF
Antigen Self Test kits are currently being sold up from 2€ in Germany. I can not imagine them being significantly more expensive in Spain (or hard to come by).
Anyways, they are usually just being used for testing in shopping malls etc (or now: have been). For mandatory testing (for crossing borders etc) you could not use an antigen self test but were recquired to do a PCR test.(i think as of this moment, you dont need a test at all)

Camino Portugués Digital Guide Image
I update my digital guides frequently, for FREE for all purchases up to one year!
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances