• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD $24 home COVID Ag TEST

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

$24 for 2 tests. Take with you to Spain, best to ship to destination. ?heat sensitive.
Seems to be same Binax test offered by American Airlines for $150 [6 pack]. But states on eMed that it's not approved for int'l travel,not sure why.
If PCR test was previously required to exit USA then this test for international travel would not have been suitable...maybe one explanation (international travel begins when you depart from ). Not everyone examines the requirements as carefully as this group!

Last edited:
If PCR test was previously required to exit USA then this test for international travel would not have been suitable...maybe one explanation? Not everyone examines the requirements as carefully as this group!
CDC: PCR or Ag

I think the issue is the 2pack version doesn't have the Navica mobile app authenticator. It seems just for personal info at home, not as formal as needed for border crossing. Same test though.

Note: it is advertised on American Airlines site for int'l travellers returning to USA.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 6.01.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 6.01.54 AM.png
    325.8 KB · Views: 13
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I think the issue is the 2pack version doesn't have the Navica mobile app authenticator. It seems just for personal info at home, not as formal as needed for border crossing. Same test though.
Exactly. A home test that hasn't been monitored to confirm who took the test would not be accepted.

Antigen Self Test kits are currently being sold up from 2€ in Germany. I can not imagine them being significantly more expensive in Spain (or hard to come by).
Anyways, they are usually just being used for testing in shopping malls etc (or now: have been). For mandatory testing (for crossing borders etc) you could not use an antigen self test but were recquired to do a PCR test.(i think as of this moment, you dont need a test at all)

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.