A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

2nd pair of shoes

2020 Camino Guides

Susan B Johnson

PuraVida
Camino(s) past & future
June (2016)
Hello!

I'm going to be hiking the Camino Ingles in a few weeks. Does anyone ever carry a 2nd pair of shoes? I thought it might give one pair a chance to dry out. Also, if the pair on one's feet start to cause problems while hiking from one point to the next, it might be useful to have a back up pair.

Susan

Stephen F.

carpintero de Colorado
Camino(s) past & future
Caminho Português 2015
Via de la Plata 2016
I also carry Keen sandals. They are stout enough and provide enough support to use as substitutes for your boots, especially on rainy days.

mla1

Camino(s) past & future
CF (2000); Ch St. Giles (2013); Le Puy to SJPP (May/June 2015); vdlp 2016
And I use Chaco sandals. This year I walked in them for about a week to avoid irritating a blister. They were excellent.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Hello!

I'm going to be hiking the Camino Ingles in a few weeks. Does anyone ever carry a 2nd pair of shoes? I thought it might give one pair a chance to dry out. Also, if the pair on one's feet start to cause problems while hiking from one point to the next, it might be useful to have a back up pair.

Susan
Most of us do, normally some lightweight walking sandals or flip-flops. Buen Camino, SY

A

Anemone del Camino

Some model of Crocs or EVA Birkenstocks: all plastic so drying is not an issue as ut would be with model that fave velcro & ribbon straps.

Dutchwalk53

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2015 with son #1, CF 2016 alone, CF 2017 with son #2 and husband , CF Sept 2018 with daughter
I have 4 pairs !!!!! Yep. Not one blister so for me worth it. Hiking shoes, hiking sandals, trainers and flip flops. I wore the trainers the least.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
I have 4 pairs !!!!! Yep. Not one blister so for me worth it. Hiking shoes, hiking sandals, trainers and flip flops. I wore the trainers the least.
That seems a bit overkill, at least the trainers I would leave at home. Buen Camino, SY

Dutchwalk53

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2015 with son #1, CF 2016 alone, CF 2017 with son #2 and husband , CF Sept 2018 with daughter
That seems a bit overkill, at least the trainers I would leave at home. Buen Camino, SY
It wasn't for me. I had a blister free Camino and my feet loved the feel of some other shoes now and then. But yes I have been thinking about leaving the trainers home, but then again carrying them with me is not a huge deal. My total pack weight was/is still under 20 lbs.

Last edited:

mcopeland

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances - April-June, 2016
Portuguese Lisbon-Santiago - October, 2017
I love, love, love my Teva sandals. I wear them at night, while walking and my feet are tired of my shoes and when I had blisters on my little toes.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 48 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 282 24.3%