• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

3 Caminos, season 1 now available

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Nor South Africa 😭

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I tried to find this last night - is it in UK?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I've watched the first episode. There are 8 episodes in total so far. When I clicked on the link shown in the first post of this thread I immediately got to the website where I could start watching the first episode.

You can watch the 3 Camino series in English or in Spanish. There is subtitling for a number of languages. When you set the spoken language to Spanish, the main actors talk in Spanish most of the time. When you set the spoken language to English, the actors speak in English or in their native language (Italian, German, Spanish, Galician and Corean), depending on the situation. This is quite a neat feature. So, watch it in English with English subtitles.

Last edited:
I have amazon prime too but have never watched a video on it. I can’t find 3 Caminos however. The only camino video that comes up is a travelogue type report of the Camino del Norte. I watched a little of it, and the photography is very nice, but I didn’t find much of interest in the narrative. If you’re starved for camino videos, though, you might give it a try! The description, that the Norte is becoming the Camino of choice for “hard core hikers” was a bit off-putting, but I shouldn’t be judgmental.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I used a VPN connection and checked out the availability for a few countries.

The 3 Camino series is currently not available for watching in the USA, the UK and South Africa.

It is available for watching in Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

I checked a few EU/EEA countries. It is available.

I watch the first episode (out of eight). It's not "The Way" and it's not your standard Pilgrims Walking the Camino movie.

Why is this unavailable in the US?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Here in Canada I’ve watched the first 2 episodes. Too soon to comment on the story line, but I’m really enjoying glimpses of familiar spots - the church in OCebriero, the monastery at Samos, and the Hospideria san Martin de Pinaro..
someday I will return!

I confess that I have binged it on Amazon Prime Australia.
I’m not going to attempt a review: I wouldn’t know where to start. But I will comment.
Look, it is beautifully shot, (fleshed out with stunning drone shots), with a plethora of familiar locations - indeed all the bars, churches, disco clubs, albergues, hostels and hotels are all credited at the end.
The pilgrims are all maddeningly handsome, and indeed you’ll be hard pressed to notice any pilgrims over 40, even the extras.
The plot lines, are well, plot lines. After watching the explicit scene at Albergue Las Musas I might give it a miss next time!
I was intrigued to notice that the incidental “Camino” music bore a more than striking resemblance to Tyler Bates atmospheric soundtrack to The Way.
It’s well done for a young-people-with-problems genre, and it says something that I watched it all the way through. But...
I don’t anticipate posting a “Disparaging 3 Camino’s” thread any time soon.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Here in Canada I’ve watched the first 2 episodes. Too soon to comment on the story line, but I’m really enjoying glimpses of familiar spots - the church in OCebriero, the monastery at Samos, and the Hospideria san Martin de Pinaro...
And in a later episode, Eunate as you have never seen it.

I’m not going to attempt a review: I wouldn’t know where to start. But I will comment.
Look, it is beautifully shot, (fleshed out with stunning drone shots), with a plethora of familiar locations - indeed all the bars, churches, disco clubs, albergues, hostels and hotels are all credited at the end.
The pilgrims are all maddeningly handsome, and indeed you’ll be hard pressed to notice any pilgrims over 40, even the extras.
The plot lines, are well, plot lines. After watching the explicit scene at Albergue Las Musas I might give it a miss next time!
I was intrigued to notice that the incidental “Camino” music bore a more than striking resemblance to Tyler Bates atmospheric soundtrack to The Way.
It’s well done for a young-people-with-problems genre, and it says something that I watched it all the way through. But...
I have also binge watched the whole thing and got to enjoy it the more I watched. Stunning scenery and I really got the feeling that they walked unlike The Way. Them meeting up again after years to walk again was good although they didn't age much until the last Camino. All in all ,being a starved Camino addict, I loved it.

I think you would have to ask Amazon. Obviously they haven’t released it in the US.
Welcome to the mysterious and for online consumers frequently frustrating world of TV/movie distribution rights and geoblocking. I was astonished to see, thanks to VPN, that the series is currently not available in Germany and Italy either while it is available in France, Belgium and The Netherlands for example. I won’t bore you with further details but it seems to me that the current non-availability in various countries is not Amazon’s fault but the fault of other licence holders, perhaps BetaFilm. I contacted Amazon (see later posts). Petition them!

Last edited:

€149,-

Loved your comments! I noticed in particular the physical attractiveness of the male actors. I confess that I watched the first episode, then I read some reviews and plot summaries and then I watched the last episode. I think I will watch the whole series but at a leisurely speed.

I vowed to myself that I will not participate in any “ Disparaging 3 Caminos“ thread nor in any threads about identifying a location nor in any discussion about whether filmed scenes are in the correct east to west sequence. ☺️

I vowed to myself that I will not participate in any “ Disparaging 3 Caminos“ thread nor in any threads about identifying a location nor in any discussion about whether filmed scenes are in the correct east to west sequence. ☺️
Indeed,@Kathar1na, the credited number of locations is positively dizzying!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I had a online chat with an Amazon helpline guy. When I asked why "3 Caminos" is not available for watching on Amazon.de, they said:

All Amazon Marketplaces act independently and acquire different licenses from the movie studios that allow us to make content available in Prime Video. For this reason, the Prime Video catalogues of the different websites, such as Amazon.com, Amazon.de, Primevideo.com etc. differ.

I cannot tell you when or if the series "3 Caminos" will be included in Prime Video on Amazon.de. I do not have the necessary information to be able to make a firm statement. I will take your comments as an opportunity to inform our Amazon Video catalogue team that there is interest in the series "3 Caminos". Please understand that I cannot tell you whether your wish can be realised. It is only through feedback like yours that we know what our customers want and can adapt our offer to these wishes.

When I asked for an email address for requests, he suggested impressum@amazon.de. For other countries, impressum@amazon.co.uk, impressum@amazon.com etc may work. Or provide feedback on the primevideo.com website and use this link.

Last edited:
Welcome to the mysterious and for online consumers frequently frustrating world of TV/movie distribution rights and geoblocking. I was astonished to see, thanks to VPN, that the series is currently not available in Germany and Italy either while it is available in France, Belgium and The Netherlands for example. I won’t bore you with further details but it seems to me that the current non-availability in various countries is not Amazon’s fault but the fault of other licence holders, perhaps BetaFilm. I contacted Amazon (see later posts). Petition them!
Yes, viewing and compensation have to be negotiated for each country, economic zone, or market. I know this from traveling and trying to watch things from the ( news shows) United States in different countries. and obviously Amazon or any other streaming platforms are not going to pay for it if they don’t think they have viewers. You’re absolutely right, petition them!

€149,-
Enjoying it, here in Ireland. Beautifully shot... I like the story lines... and the development of the Camino family dynamic... anyway its the closest I'll get to the Camino this year...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There is one feature that I liked right from the beginning. As one reviewer put it: One of the most attractive aspects is the variety of languages. Alternating between Spanish, English, German, Italian or Korean, the fact of keeping them and opting for [English] subtitles gives the series a higher level of realism. Dubbing it would ruin much of the experience.

I like this feature a lot. I had no problems following the dialogue and didn’t look at the English subtitles, except for the relatively rare bits of spoken Korean and Portuguese and occasionally for Spanish. I wonder how others experience this. Personally, I don’t enjoy watching movies where I have to rely on subtitles to follow the story.

Last edited:
There is one feature that I liked right from the beginning. As one reviewer put it: One of the most attractive aspects is the variety of languages. Alternating between Spanish, English, German, Italian or Korean, the fact of keeping them and opting for [English] subtitles gives the series a higher level of realism. Dubbing it would ruin much of the experience.

I like this feature a lot. I had no problems following the dialogue and didn’t look at the English subtitles, except for the relatively rare bits of spoken Korean and Portuguese and occasionally for Spanish. I wonder how others experience this. Personally, I don’t enjoy watching movies where I have to rely on subtitles to follow the story.
I had to rely on the subtitles for a number of the languages and didn't find it too hard or distracting.

I've only got through Camino 1 so far, so I can't speak to the series as a whole, but I liked the way they showed the Camino "family" (better than in "The Way", truth be told).

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
That's what I thought, too. There's a small difference, though: here, the soundtrack consists of songs in Spanish or songs sung by Spanish artists. With the exception of La Bambola, which is Italian and the only song that I recognised, and that probably dates me. 🤣

There is a playlist with all the 3 Caminos songs: Playlist con las canciones de 3 Caminos, and the reason why I know this it that I was looking for the song Caminantes by Iván Ferreiro and Andrés Suárez, parts of which can be heard in every episode. I've learnt in the meantime that the song is not yet available on online streaming platforms.

That's what I thought, too. There's a small difference, though: here, the soundtrack consists of songs in Spanish...
Ah yes. I should have mentioned that I was referring to some of the instrumental interludes, particularly the lyrical ones.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Watched the first camino last night. Apparently they spend several days walking around and around the outskirts of Pamplona, suddenly find themselves in Astorga, and Samos is only one day out from SdC....

I am feeling cranky and dissatisfied, but I supposed I grow weary of these films that end up being mere backdrop for cliché stories about human relationships. They all fail to capture the quotidian agonies and needs and joys that keep us going, even if we do not seek or find a mobile summer-camp of human drama-making.

Maybe I will watch another episode to see if it gets better. Scenery is lovely, but I'm honestly finding that BK Lee's silent-but-for-footfalls Youtube real-time video to be far more profoundly compelling, even if I am frustrated that he never allows us to stop in the towns along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes... that is the *one* thing aside from scenery that I am enjoying.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Watched the first camino last night. Apparently they spend several days walking around and around the outskirts of Pamplona, suddenly find themselves in Astorga, and Samos is only one day out from SdC....

I am feeling cranky and dissatisfied, but I supposed I grow weary of these films that end up being mere backdrop for cliché stories about human relationships. They all fail to capture the quotidian agonies and needs and joys that keep us going, even if we do not seek or find a mobile summer-camp of human drama-making.

Maybe I will watch another episode to see if it gets better. Scenery is lovely, but I'm honestly finding that BK Lee's silent but for footfalls Youtube real-time video to be far more profoundly compelling even if I am frustrated that he never allows us to stop in the towns along the way.

I wondered when that would come up.
It's a drama not a documentary. :)

They also walk in the wrong direction sometimes and at the Cruz de Ferro approach it from out of the woods behind the Chapel! But it frames the scene nicely. ;)

I find it fun trying to identify the locations.

And the story isn't that bad either.

I wondered when that would come up.
It's a drama not a documentary. :)

They also walk in the wrong direction sometimes and at the Cruz de Ferro approach it from out of the woods behind the Chapel! But it frames the scene nicely. ;)

I find it fun trying to identify the locations.

And the story isn't that bad either.
Well, here we disagree.

I'm OK with it being a drama, just tired of writers who lack the creativity and/or discipline to write about internal human dramas on the Camino rather than just using the Camino as a backdrop for the same dram they could have told in a series of bar scenes in a single location.

And while I'm good with the back-story idea for each character, I'm finding that the story is itself not particularly interesting (to me). A chacun son goût and all that, but I find it tepid and lazy.

I"m not asking for a documentary. BK Lee is not making a documentary, but I find the trudging without words more compelling than 3 Caminos (and I *want* to love 3 Caminos... but all I'm grooving on is the scenery).

Finished Episode 2. Starting to like it more.
I actually like the story line. Some nice twists in it.
And of course the scenery........is all just great.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Sad to say, not in Germany via a german ISP.
The 3 Caminos series is not listed in the Amazon video catalogues for Italy and Germany and can currently not be watched in those two EU countries either, in addition to the UK and the USA. It seems to have to do with who the coproducers/distribution licence holders of the series are.

VPN is possible, but not very reliable in streaming.
Has anyone actually tried to start viewing an episode of 3 Caminos with the help of a good VPN app? The Prime Amazon servers use powerful VPN blocking technology and can detect the VPN connection and don’t allow viewing. You get this message: Your device is connected to the Internet using a VPN or proxy service. Please disable it and try again.

And even when you get around this, the next unsurmountable hurdle may well be your credit card when it is not registered in the country where you try to access via VPN. Amazon, Apple ... trying to access digital content despite their geoblocking restrictions can be very frustrating!

(FWIW, I use Express VPN)

Last edited:
Third episode somewhat better. Still comes across as a writing team's first foray into the profession. There are timeline problems; there are 'wait what? there's no reason for that to happen except that you want to move the narrative...' kinda like putting gas in a tank without a motor.

But Logroño shots were lovely and the actors themselves are settling into their roles.

I'll probably watch the whole thing, but it makes me long for something else entirely. Maybe I just long for a life along the way...

oooooh !! It's ultra-widescreen !! Got one of those 😍

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just finished watching all of the episodes yesterday. It was (good) but I really wished that it had more scenic portions and less drama. The parts that did have scenery I absolutely loved and could see myself there...

Just at the start, I'm finding it to be a mix of deep and shallow -- but then so are most Caminos.

That it's written by Spaniards yet acted by Americans is somewhat jarring, leading to unnecessary disconnect, including some translation mistakes -- OTOH the cinematography is lovely.

That it's written by Spaniards yet acted by Americans is somewhat jarring
Huh? The six leading actors are three Spaniards, one Italian, one German and one Mexican. Two of the Spanish actors (playing Roberto and Raquel) are well-known in Spain and so is the Mexican actress who joins the group of friends in later episodes.

The original version is the language version where the actors often speak to each other in English and sometimes in their native language and sometimes a few words in a third language (French, Italian, Portuguese, Galician, Korean).

I think there isn't a single American in any of the episodes, i.e. neither an American actor nor anyone playing an American person.

Last edited:
Watched it all. Found it vapidly soothing -- maybe I needed that this week. Scenery was beautiful. I think the entire series was probably shot within a few weeks for series 1 and 2 (winter) -- Samos, Logrono, Astorga... repeat... which is fine... it's a budget constraint. I wonder if they purchased some of Efren's drone shots from Samos... I swear I recognized one shot in particular.

But really, so much time spent in bars.... and having sexy time.

Who has time or energy for that on camino?

it's a budget constraint
There was a pandemic constraint ... they started filming in February 2020 and then had to stop from the middle of March until the end of May and all the actors returned home because of the confinement rules in Spain. That's probably why we don't see any spring flowers in the series ... 😎

There was a pandemic constraint ... they started filming in February 2020 and then had to stop from the middle of March until the end of May and all the actors returned home because of the confinement rules in Spain. That's probably why we don't see any spring flowers in the series ... 😎
Right. Likely both money and the pandemic. I had assumed they'd shot in 2019 and had done post-production in 2020 because of the extremely close proximity of each actor to the other.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I think there isn't a single American in any of the episodes
Very possibly I'm overinterpreting, but one of the female cast has a clearly American accent in her singing voice.

Very possibly I'm overinterpreting, but one of the female cast has a clearly American accent in her singing voice.

Could be a singing 'style'.

Most Australian Country & Western singers seem to sound like they come from Texas for some reason :rolleyes:

one of the female cast has a clearly American accent in her singing voice.
As a non-native speaker of English, I find it difficult to identify accents in English. The weather is lousy and I have nothing better to do so I recently watched not only the whole 3 Caminos series but also El Cid for the first time (all three hours of it, the one from 1961) 😀 and I read news articles about the 3 Caminos series because that's as good a way as any to practice my Spanish. So I've acquired some background knowledge.

I am not familiar with the current pop/rock/indie scene in the various European countries. Many artists sing in English, even when they only have a domestic audience. They have accents of all kinds in English. Anyway, Raquel, one of the main female characters, is played by Verónica Echegui and she is from Madrid. The singer in the concert in Burgos is Anni B Sweet (real name: Ana Fabiola López Rodríguez) who performs as herself. She is from Malaga.

I rarely watch TV drama series, and even more rarely on Netflix or Amazon. I was surprised when someone told me recently about the huge world-wide success of a Spanish series called La Casa de papel (Money Heist in English). All these developments make me feel like belonging to a viewer demographic from the past. 3 Caminos is definitely not a "boomer" story. ;)

Last edited:
As a non-native speaker of English, I find it difficult to identify accents in English
And likewise, as a non-native speaker of Spanish, I find it difficult to identify accents in Spanish ☺️. Numerous Spanish news article comment on Álex González. He is the Spanish actor from Madrid who plays the Mexican called Roberto in the series. He took coaching lessons in order to be able to speak Spanish like Mexicans do. It seems to be a topic of some fascination for Spanish media. ☺️

Last edited:
And likewise, as a non-native speaker of Spanish, I find it difficult to identify accents in Spanish ☺️. Numerous Spanish news article comment on Álex González. He is the Spanish actor from Madrid who plays the Mexican called Roberto in the series. He took coaching lessons in order to be able to speak Spanish like Mexicans do. It seems to be a topic of some fascination for Spanish media. ☺️
I found the difference in the accent of the actress from Mexico more obvious when she was speaking in the final episode (I think) at the Samos location, to Veronica Echigua; I find the Castilian Spanish easier to understand because the accent is now more familiar to me. I am fascinated by Alberto Jo Lee, the Korean-Catalan actor who seems to speak: Catalan, Castilian, Korean, Japanese and English. I am so fascinated by people who can learn languages that are from completely different language families without linguistic connections.

I enjoyed watching this (Australia)...

Just got this email from Amazon
Hello,

I hope this email finds you well!

I'm writing back to you regarding our recent conversation.

I can understand your concern regarding watching videos.

It seems the the title you've given through the link is from primevideo.com.

This was the reason you're unable to watch with using Amazon.co.uk prime.

It seems currently that title is not available in UK.

I’ve gone ahead and forwarded your comments in the form of a feedback to the Amazon Prime Video development team.

We're always working to improve Prime Video and I appreciate you taking time to write to us about a title you’re interested in.

This would help us improve our services and features to not disappoint our customers like you.

Customer interests and feedback is always looked into at depth here at Amazon as we’re always working to improve our services to avoid disappointing our customers like you.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks for your valuable patience and understanding in this matter.

Should you have any further questions or comments, you can reach us via the contact us link below:

www.amazon.co.uk/contact-us

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
For those frustrated with the distribution, one (naughty) word .... torrents. Worked for me ;-)

For those frustrated with the distribution, one (naughty) word .... torrents. Worked for me ;-)
Are Amazon Prime or any of the coproducers of 3 Caminos working in cooperation with that, or would this fall under illegal intellectual property theft? I am just curious.

I use VPN (which doesn't seem to work in this case when you actually try it and not just recommend it) and I don't use torrents servers as a matter of principle.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Are Amazon Prime or any of the coproducers of 3 Caminos working in cooperation with that, or would this fall under illegal intellectual property theft? I am just curious.

I use VPN (which doesn't seem to work in this case when you actually try it and not just recommend it) and I don't use torrents servers as a matter of principle.
If you're in Germany it's inadvisable to do this without hiding your tracks, maybe with a VPN. I've friends there who've been threatened legally and fined for much less.

Now if you're asking is there a moral issue with this, I'm a Prime subscriber already so I have no personal problem with watching something that I'm only prevented from doing so by my location. :)

Last edited:
yehey... its available in 'merca...
Indeed it has now appeared in Amazon's video catalogue for the USA. Well, that should drive up the number of reviews on the forum, both in favour and against this production ... :cool:. Here's what you get when you search for 3 Caminos on Amazon.com:

Amazon USA videos.jpg

That's good news for lots of forum members. Still no luck on UK though :-(

Just watched an episode and a half of 3 Caminos on Amazon in the United States. A good interesting show, about the interplay of a group of characters, with the Camino as the backdrop.

Always with such a big backpacks, carrying sleeping pads when they seem to stay every night in the Albergues.

So far so good, worth a watch. well crafted light entertainment. I like that all the characters are international, and sometimes they use their native language in the series, to mix it up.

Enjoying it so far, several inconsistencies, like The Way, but enjoyable.
'Several inconsistencies' might be the most generous statement of all time...! My wife had to talk me off the ledge a few times due to incoherent rantings about how they were walking the wrong direction... AGAIN! But yeah, I watched the whole series in two days so....

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
'Several inconsistencies' might be the most generous statement of all time...! My wife had to talk me off the ledge a few times due to incoherent rantings about how they were walking the wrong direction... AGAIN! But yeah, I watched the whole series in two days so....
Hmm, maybe I shouldn't watch it. When I watch The Way I can't help ranting about the jeans that they are wearing.

I haven’t read all the very spirited debate about this show. But I remembered enough about it to be able to put together a search that brought me to this thread, and up popped the title. A good friend has just tested positive and is stuck at home alone for a while. Since she is planning her first camino for June of this year, and since she liked The Way, this may be a good distraction for her. It is now free on Amazon Prime, in the US at least.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back