• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

3 friends cycling the Camino

Hi everyone,
We are 3 friends who will be cycling the Camino in March. We all have our own bikes at home but we don't want to take them as we are afraid they might get lost or damaged during transportation, so we thought about renting. Do you know any reliable companies? we're also not sure for how long we'll rent. Do you think 14 days will be enough to ride the Camino Frances? Since we'll be renting is it easy to find bike shops along the way in case we have any problem?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I guess it depends how particular you are about your bike. The is no way my wife would use anything but her own bike. She can tell if something is off by a millimeter, and has knee problems if the fit isn't right. We have put bikes on planes about 40 times without a problem. My current pilgimage bike has been to Europe and back to the states five times. We put them in a cardboard box which can be found free at any bike shop. The price charged by the airlines keeps going up, but they seem to neglect to charge it half the time.

There are lots of bike shops, but hardly a day goes by when I don't fix some perigrino's bike.

14 days is enough to cover the ground, but you might want a few days to do things other than ride.

You might check my post here for more info:

biking-the-camino/topic7261.html

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I've used Tour N Ride, they are based in Santiago and will send the bike to any place along the camino, so you can start wherever you want
http://www.tournride.com
The bikes were decent, nothing special, but they did the job. And you might want to rent the panniers as well, nothing more annoying than panniers that don't fit...
Rolf

Most read last week in this forum

Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?
I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back