• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

3 min video Faro-Via Algarviana-Rota Vincentiva-SdC

New official coastal route from Faro on ?

• More info please

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PilgrimPillar

Rota Vicentina, fisherman’s trail, is sweet...
Time of past OR future Camino
Please come with
suggestions….
Thx….!!
Just to give some impressions of what coastal from Faro can bring.....

Rota Vincentiva was a very positive surprise with numerous day walkers north/south....bucket list material...

Enjoy!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Leaving from Lisbon mid-October. May have to reconsider our starting point!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Leaving from Lisbon mid-October. May have to reconsider our starting point!
Vincentiva is worth the detour...,..I walked wherever after Porto Covo....not for everyone but can bee done....Setubal had some qualities,.....Sines...picture taken from my hostel....will post pictures of credential maybe and highlight my likings?

Agree, la Rota Vicentina is lovely! Although not a Caminho, the scenery is much more spectacular then the Caminho da Costa or Senda Litoral from Porto.

I walked from Santiago do Cacem to Cabo San Vicente in March 2016. I have a friend who lives in Raposeira, a town next to Vila do Bispo so therefore decided to walk to her house rather than go north. It was also nice to have the sun on my face rather than on my back.

I would repeat it anytime!

Agree, la Rota Vicentina is lovely! Although not a Caminho, the scenery is much more spectacular then the Caminho da Costa or Senda Litoral from Porto.

I walked from Santiago do Cacem to Cabo San Vicente in March 2016. I have a friend who lives in Raposeira, a town next to Vila do Bispo so therefore decided to walk to her house rather than go north. It was also nice to have the sun on my face rather than on my back.

I would repeat it anytime!

I got it approved as the first third of my Camino .......982 km in total....as of now... not a officially marked and supported part of Camino de Portogues ....?.... its the fact as of now...could soon change... more of ongoing progress later....

And.....sigh....with the very high temps along route it was absolutely better going north....and I will return....going south?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you, enjoyed your video and happy to leave a vote.
Loved visiting Faro in late autumn, post camino. One of my favourite places in Portugal. Forgive my ignorance, I thought there was a camino from Faro but it was difficult to find the way. Seems that the camino part is incorrect but what about finding your way? Did you find it difficult?

Thank you, enjoyed your video and happy to leave a vote.
Loved visiting Faro in late autumn, post camino. One of my favourite places in Portugal. Forgive my ignorance, I thought there was a camino from Faro but it was difficult to find the way. Seems that the camino part is incorrect but what about finding your way? Did you find it difficult?
Thx Heda

First.....El Norte did me over...real good....I'm done....coast is something extra....

So, yes....there is a inland camino....not promoted to good I think....historically any port from Sagres on was a entry point.....

Buuut....for me....walking from the airport ...and eventually hitting the vest...coast line just blew me away....heavy walking in stages due to loose sand but soooo worth it.

Quick tip.....I took the Vincentiva "fisherman trail".....

Thx Heda

First.....El Norte did me over...real good....I'm done....coast is something extra....

So, yes....there is a inland camino....not promoted to good I think....historically any port from Sagres on was a entry point.....

Buuut....for me....walking from the airport ...and eventually hitting the vest...coast line just blew me away....heavy walking in stages due to loose sand but soooo worth it.

Quick tip.....I took the Vincentiva "fisherman trail".....
Thank you I will do some homework.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
http://en.rotavicentina.com/go.html

When you sign up interactive map is for free...pro web site.

I did Algarviana and took a northwest approach to reach coastline.....if to do the lot ...?.....Take in consideration....a total of 450 km different trail lines just for Vincentiva as a whole .....a lot of parallell options.

I added 300 something up to Lisboa...but I'll will go back for more....theres a lot out there.

St. Vincent to Fatima....?...landing 13'th of may??

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back