• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

30 Camino Paintings in 30 Days

Love both of these...you have captured the Botafumerio perfectly! So many fond memories of both these places: quietly soaking my ankle in the icy water at Ribadiso...and a few days later being in the packed Cathedral for the mass. Opposite ends of the Camino experience spectrum, but both highlights. Thanks Catherine.....wonderful memories!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Love both of these...you have captured the Botafumerio perfectly! So many fond memories of both these places: quietly soaking my ankle in the icy water at Ribadiso...and a few days later being in the packed Cathedral for the mass. Opposite ends of the Camino experience spectrum, but both highlights. Thanks Catherine.....wonderful memories!
You're very welcome. Thanks for following!

Day 30 of 30 Day Art Challenge. Finisterre and final watercolour! My Challenge is over now.... or is it really just beginning?
Thanks for all forum member who have been cheering me on this month with all your likes and gracious comments.
You can view all the Camino Challenge paintings on my website at catherinemccoy.com.
I have this crazy idea now for a book.... who knows ... the journey continues. Buen Camino!

finisterre.jpg

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Day 30 of 30 Day Art Challenge. Finisterre and final watercolour! My Challenge is over now.... or is it really just beginning?
Thanks for all forum member who have been cheering me on this month with all your likes and gracious comments.
You can view all the Camino Challenge paintings on my website at catherinemccoy.com.
I have this crazy idea now for a book.... who knows ... the journey continues. Buen Camino!

finisterre.jpg

This thread has been such a treat, Catherine, I have so enjoyed following your painted Camino! Thank you for sharing it with us, and for the beautiful reminders of favourite places.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
It has been an interesting and wonderful journey. I'm going to miss it. Thank you.

Any plans for another - a different route?

Biff

Thanks for following along my whole journey Biff. I don't have plans for anything else at the moment. I'm moving Dec 1st and must think about packing soon!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Catching up again on your beautiful paintings after time away from my computer. So much joy, peace and happiness in each of them. Thank you again, Catherine, for giving us all such a lovely, visual journey along the Camino.

Catching up again on your beautiful paintings after time away from my computer. So much joy, peace and happiness in each of them. Thank you again, Catherine, for giving us all such a lovely, visual journey along the Camino.
Bala thanks for all the likes and kind remarks. It was a lot of fun and i'm not sure the Camino is finished with me yet!

Hi Catherine

This is one of your best in my view, you captured the soul of it so well.

Saludos,
Chris

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks Jennie and I remember it well. Felt like I was going to die a couple of times!!
O M G really, when did u hike this camino? must of been in summer months ! how many miles a day did you do? thanks! btw, I love your paintings, I can feel the energies like I am there! I am new & am planning on the camino in 2016 or 2017 ... buen camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you so much Catherine, your paintings put an excitment within me that I will carry as I go along the Camino & remember your pantings & think of you on my way ... buen camino!

Even though my 30 day Camino art challenge is over I still keep busy painting. I have just added a few more to my Album Camino Watercolour. Here is a painting that I just finished yesterday. It was about 15 km past Santo Domingo that I came upon this little village that seemed more like a ghost town. I thought this Pepsi machine was the funniest sight. I call it 'Pepsi on the Camino'
2016-03-21 16.42.45.jpg

Your charming watercolor is of Viloria de Rioja which was the birthplace of Santo Domingo de la Calzada in 1019. ...Other times, other customs.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Catherine
Would you consider doing another botafumairo? I realy like that one and I was too late to buy it from you.

Chris

Even though my 30 day Camino art challenge is over I still keep busy painting. I have just added a few more to my Album Camino Watercolour. Here is a painting that I just finished yesterday. It was about 15 km past Santo Domingo that I came upon this little village that seemed more like a ghost town. I thought this Pepsi machine was the funniest sight. I call it 'Pepsi on the Camino'
View attachment 24729
Catherine, believe it or not, that Pepsi machine was there on my very first camino in 2000!!!!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone highly recommend an intro, fast track Spanish course, anywhere in Spain? I took Spanish lessons years ago, but was waylaid by learning Dutch, and couldn't cope with both...
Mark Taubert in FranceInfo, 24 Mars, 2024 , describes a new GR hike which has been planned for the past 10 years along the Seine passing the locations where famous 19th c Impressionist...
Moderator, please place this in the appropriate thread. Thank you. Well, it's about time.😊👍...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.