• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

30 days to go!

Edgar062

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (Apr/May 217)
Hi there. Oficially 30 days to go now. The date is coming along faster than I thought. I have been fidgeting with my backpack and it's contents and it is almost ready.

I have been asked by friends and family what is my plan. I tell them that my plan is to travel to Pamplona and start walking the next day, how far will I walk will depend on any given circumstance. Taking it one step at a time.

So, Buen Camino to all and may we meet!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
When are you arriving in Pamplona? I will be passing through in about a month.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
When are you arriving in Pamplona? I will be passing through in about a month.

I should arrive April 17 afternoon by train. I will be spending the night there and start off the next day.

I should be in Pamplona the afternoon of the 18th. Only walking for two weeks this year so I doubt I will catch you. Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Edgar, your plan sounds brilliant. I'll be about a week ahead of you but planning to be a tourist in Pamplona for a couple of days and don't intend to do long days on my first week so we may even coincide somewhere along the way.
Buen camino

I should be in Pamplona the afternoon of the 18th. Only walking for two weeks this year so I doubt I will catch you. Buen Camino!

Who knows? You might overtake me the next couple of days!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi Edgar, your plan sounds brilliant. I'll be about a week ahead of you but planning to be a tourist in Pamplona for a couple of days and don't intend to do long days on my first week so we may even coincide somewhere along the way.
Buen camino

Yes! I will be on the lookout for fellow forum members. There are a handful of us starting within a few days of each other.

Excellent - you are about to move into the "can I do this", why am I doing this" , "I can't do this" "I've forgotten why I wanted to do this", - sort of thoughts ... haahahaa

let it flow, go, enjoy - truly, Enjoy!!

Buen Camino!!

About to? I am already there! Due to workload I stopped my long distance walking program 3 months ago. I have recently begun again and hope to be camino ready by the time I land in Spain.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back