• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

3286 Compostelas issued today

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Just in case I miss wishing you the best tomorrow, @ Bradypus: I will say a prayer for you and your wife as you celebrate your special wedding anniversary. I have to meet some people for chocolate con churros in the morning, but I will find a moment to go into the parish church of Santiago close by and say a wee prayer for you both. Buen camino de la vida...
Excuse the hijacking of your post. 😇

Since my husband and I earned our Compostelas a year ago today (July 24th), I wonder what it was then . The lines were awesome and confusing...;)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I arrived in Santiago yesterday. I did not go get a Compostela - and some other pilgrims I met along the way also did not either. So the number of pilgrim arrivals were higher. The lineup was LONG yesterday!!! 😊

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I just had a look at the pilgrim office website and saw that so far today they have issued 3286 Compostelas. That may not be the final total. I think that may be a record for a single day. An astonishing figure in any case!
This morning the pilgrim office website says the number for yesterday was 3288.

Yikes! I wonder if the advance registration and QR code system is helping to manage the volume. That was one if the principal drivers behind the change. The other main reason was COVID.

I will be there to volunteer in three weeks. There will certainly be a lot of pilgrims. But nearly 3300 in one day - that’s insane!

I know a lot of pilgrims want the feast day date 25/7/2022 on their Compostela. So an annual spike around the Feast if Santiago is routine.

It is only about 1600 in Santiago. Have they closed the front door gate yet? If not, the daily total will increase as groups are processed “behind the scenes.”

Tom

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I arrived yesterday at 11:30 am. I did my QR code ahead of time showed it at the door and was allowed right in. I went down the stairs and received my ticket. #433. Back upstairs and in a short line. It took 20 minutes from front door to certificate. THANK YOU for posting the process and how to do it.

I arrived in Santiago yesterday. I did not go get a Compostela - and some other pilgrims I met along the way also did not either. So the number of pilgrim arrivals were higher. The lineup was LONG yesterday!!! 😊
Glad you made it to Santiago, bridge dancing queen Sara Dhooma .. 😂 Compostela can wait for a day or two. Cheers. Buen Camino.

I just had a look at the pilgrim office website and saw that so far today they have issued 3286 Compostelas. That may not be the final total. I think that may be a record for a single day. An astonishing figure in any case!
I arrived here on July 20th….. no queue at all. In and out in less than 5 minutes.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Hey I’m looking at starting my Camino from Burgos in about 2-3 days. I’m wanting to use casa ivar storage. Has anyone used this service before? It sounds very good the webpage is just a little...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!
I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back