• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

36 Days. 800k. Possible to skip ahead 60-80k?

CowboyJoe

Time of past OR future Camino
I have a tight timeframe to do the CF--36 days, so that makes it walking an average of some 22k a day, which seems like a lot. I'm starting May 25/26 in SJPDP. Air reservations already made. I'd like to not spend every day just walking long distances, but to have 3-4 days built in at interesting points to rest, tour, etc.
My thought was to perhaps take a bus/taxi ahead between a couple of towns to shorten it by some 60-80k.
Any thoughts/advice about this? Anyone done it, and if so, what segment would be the best to skip--which would be the least interesting? And, I'd still like to start in SJPDP...
Also, I had thought of taking the Camino Salvadore north from Leon and connecting to the Primitivo and would hate to skip those parts--or by doing that route will it make the trek even longer?
So: if you only had 36 days, but didn't want to rush through it and make it just a rush-walk, what advice do you Camino veterans have? Many thanks!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
You might find that an average around 25km/day is quite achievable without seeming to be in a rush. I certainly did, and walked in 33 days. It depends a bit on what average walking pace you set, how long you linger over coffee or a meal during the day, etc. Most days I would leave around 8.00 am and stop walking between 2.00 pm and 3.00 pm - enough time to get domestic chores done and have a bit of a wander around a town, do some food shopping, etc.

Of course you can skip sections of the walk. I contemplated how I might do that if I were injured, and needed to take a few days to recover. Fortunately it didn't get to that for me. But if you are thinking of doing something like this, just don't do it in the last 100km if you are keen to get a Compestela at the end.

Why not just start walking and see what happens?

You might suddenly realize you love to walk 22kms a day. But you won't really know before you started, probably will take a while before you find out.

If you do decide to skip sections, you can do that whenever you feel like it, you don't have to choose where to do that beforehand. If there's no train, there's a bus, and if there's no bus, you can always call a taxi in a bar ect. (there's even signs with taxi numbers in some of the woods, and a road is almost always nearby).

I'd say, just set one foot in front of the other, you'll know when to rest, when to rush, and when to skip a part (or not). Listen to yourself, not to guide books or people telling you which part is interesting and which part not. Only you can know which are the good parts for you, and only when you get there.

Also, 36 days should be enough to walk all of it without rushing, as dougfitz said, 20-25kms is not as far as you might now think it is.

Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You might find that an average around 25km/day is quite achievable without seeming to be in a rush. I certainly did, and walked in 33 days. It depends a bit on what average walking pace you set, how long you linger over coffee or a meal during the day, etc. Most days I would leave around 8.00 am and stop walking between 2.00 pm and 3.00 pm - enough time to get domestic chores done and have a bit of a wander around a town, do some food shopping, etc.

Of course you can skip sections of the walk. I contemplated how I might do that if I were injured, and needed to take a few days to recover. Fortunately it didn't get to that for me. But if you are thinking of doing something like this, just don't do it in the last 100km if you are keen to get a Compestela at the end.
Thanks, Doug, great input! Right on the last 100k, sure won't do that!

You might suddenly realize you love to walk 22kms a day. But you won't really know before you started, probably will take a while before you find out.

If you do decide to skip sections, you can do that whenever you feel like it, you don't have to choose where to do that beforehand. If there's no train, there's a bus, and if there's no bus, you can always call a taxi in a bar ect. (there's even signs with taxi numbers in some of the woods, and a road is almost always nearby).

I'd say, just set one foot in front of the other, you'll know when to rest, when to rush, and when to skip a part (or not). Listen to yourself, not to guide books or people telling you which part is interesting and which part not. Only you can know which are the good parts for you, and only when you get there.

Also, 36 days should be enough to walk all of it without rushing, as dougfitz said, 20-25kms is not as far as you might now think it is.

Buen Camino!
Good old shoes--Sounds like a plan…err not to plan, but to wing it and see how it is going. I've been trying to have an alternative as I'm trying to cure a bad case of plantar fasciitis before I go, but if it flares up on the Camino...But I like your advice! Thank you!

I'm trying to cure a bad case of plantar fasciitis before I go
Sorry about that, I hope it gets better soon and won't cause problems on your Camino! But keep in mind you're not walking through the wilderness for weeks, there are many villages, many with health care centres (centro de salud), so getting medical aid or simply changing plans to rest for a while is always an option.

Personally, I had planned to walk all of it, but then decided to skip a few days when I got the flu. Now I want to go back to walk those parts, see what skipping sections will do to you! :D

Anyway, you'll find out what's the best solution for yourself. Happy Camino planning!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Sorry about that, I hope it gets better soon and won't cause problems on your Camino! But keep in mind you're not walking through the wilderness for weeks, there are many villages, many with health care centres (centro de salud), so getting medical aid or simply changing plans to rest for a while is always an option.

Personally, I had planned to walk all of it, but then decided to skip a few days when I got the flu. Now I want to go back to walk those parts, see what skipping sections will do to you! :D

Anyway, you'll find out what's the best solution for yourself. Happy Camino planning!
Thanks for the good wishes--my PF will take all the help it can get! Yes, I know what you mean about what "skipping" something can do to you! Many years ago, in my salad days, I turned back from going into Afghanistan. At the time, the Russians invaded it and I knew then that it'd never be the same…So, I'd sure like to do the Camino complete-o! But I'll take what I can get!

I would just take it as it comes and see how you go.

It would be hard in my view to pick a section to 'skip'. They all have their unique aspects. But if I had to........

Going by the Brierley sections........16-20 Fromista to Leon. Most of those sections are alongside roads on Senda as I recall. Fairly flat and featureless. But a good test of the mental stamina ;) Though section 17 is actually quite pleasant and not alongside a road....

You can check out those sections on my blog. Loads of photos and videos.

Section 16 starts here: http://robscamino.com/17th-of-may-from-fromista-to-carrion/
There are pages for each day...... (just click 'next post' arrow below each post on the right)
And ending in Leon here: http://robscamino.com/21st-of-may-a-struggle-walking-to-leon/

I hope that helps. But of course we all enjoy different elements of the Camino and what different sections have to offer. Like many here, I loved the Meseta....

Last edited:
I would just take it a it comes and see how you go.

It would be hard in my view to pick a section to 'skip'. They all have their unique aspects. But if I had to........

Going by the Brierley sections........16-20 Fromista to Leon. Most of those sections are along side roads on Senda as I recall. Fairly flat and featureless. But a good test of the mental stamina ;) Though section 17 is actually quite pleasant and not alongside a road....

You can check out those sections on my blog. Loads of photos and videos.

Section 16 starts here: http://robscamino.com/17th-of-may-from-fromista-to-carrion/
There are pages for each day......
And ending in Leon here: http://robscamino.com/21st-of-may-a-struggle-walking-to-leon/

I hope that helps. But of course we all enjoy different elements of the Camino and what different sections have to offer. Like many here, I loved the Meseta....

Thank you! Yes, I think I'd love the Meseta--I like desert regions (not to mention desserts!). There is something about their silence and emptiness that fills me. I'll check into your blog! Gracia!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you! Yes, I think I'd love the Meseta--I like desert regions (not to mention desserts!). There is something about their silence and emptiness that fills me. I'll check into your blog! Gracia!

I was just checking those sections on my Blog Joe. Plenty of videos.......... So you can see what the terrain is like.

Hi Joe, my brother and I walked it in 34 days in 2012 including a rest day in Burgos and one in Leon. If you are reasonably fit this should not be a problem. You could always give yourself extra days by starting in Roncavelles or Pamplona, St. Jean is not a compulsary starting point, just a popular one.
Buen Camino.

I would just take it a it comes and see how you go.

Going by the Brierley sections........16-20 Fromista to Leon. Most of those sections are along side roads on Senda as I recall. Fairly flat and featureless. But a good test of the mental stamina ;) Though section 17 is actually quite pleasant and not alongside a road....

You can check out those sections on my blog. Loads of photos and videos.ent!
There are pages for each day...... (just click 'next post' arrow below each post on the right)

Rob--great blog! Very informative and well-done videos--and your information is priceless. Thank you for your honest assessment, it will help me tremendously in planing my Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
its
even longer?
So: if you only had 36 days, but didn't want to rush through it and make it just a rush-walk, what advice do you Camino veterans have? Many thanks!

I am not a veteran but - extremely easy to skip parts as they have buses, trains etc. all along the way. I like your thinking not being too ambitious about daily distances but I do think 22km is quite doable considering I am in average shape and overweight and had not problems with the distance. I would say do some serious reading about injury prevention such as blisters, ankles and knees. This will be the most threat for the average person from what I saw and experienced. My suggestion is get your pack weight as low as possible (6 kg or less) and use walking sticks/poles to take the pressure off your lower body joints. Don't get caught up in the trap of trying stay pace with anyone as each person seems to have a rhythm of walking several days and resting or walking at a certain pace but most would be ok with 36 days of time to walk the CF. I think you will enjoy this much better if you plan for dealing with the standard difficulties like blisters and not try to set a schedule.

I wish you the best and I think you are going to really enjoy it

Buen Camino !

Mark

I have a tight timeframe to do the CF--36 days, so that makes it walking an average of some 22k a day, which seems like a lot. I'm starting May 25/26 in SJPDP. Air reservations already made. I'd like to not spend every day just walking long distances, but to have 3-4 days built in at interesting points to rest, tour, etc.
My thought was to perhaps take a bus/taxi ahead between a couple of towns to shorten it by some 60-80k.
Any thoughts/advice about this? Anyone done it, and if so, what segment would be the best to skip--which would be the least interesting? And, I'd still like to start in SJPDP...
Also, I had thought of taking the Camino Salvadore north from Leon and connecting to the Primitivo and would hate to skip those parts--or by doing that route will it make the trek even longer?

Joe:

I think too many people want to break the Camino down into 22 or 25 or 30 kilometer days. This walk can be done easily in the 36 days you have allotted.

Just start your walk slowly and let your body adjust to daily walking a half marathon or so. The first day is tough and unless you are well used to walking up hills, I recommend you stop at Orisson.

By the time you reach the Meseta, your body will have adjusted to walking longer distances and you can easily walk a 30 km day. I like to put in a 7- 8 hour day. Walk two hours take a 30 minute break, repeat, repeat and then stop at the next Albergue. The main thing is to walk at your pace.

In regards to the Salvador/Primitivo, wait till you get to Leon to make that decision. The Salvador is a 4-6 day hike, imo. The Primitivo is 11-14 days, imo. As you approach Leon, you can factor that into your decision.

I recommend you do very little planning. Just start walking and let the Camino and your body be your guide. All will be well.

Ultreya,
Joe

Rob--great blog! Very informative and well-done videos--and your information is priceless. Thank you for your honest assessment, it will help me tremendously in planing my Camino!

Buen Camino Joe. What ever sections you decide to skip or not skip..........you'll have a fantastic adventure...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It is not 800km, so you save at least one 22km day by correcting that assumption! Shorter stages, such as Triacastela directly to Sarria bypassing Samos, will save you at least another day. In general, though, all things are possible. Buses parallel most of the route, so you can move ahead quite cheaply when you need to. For example, after visiting the Iron Cross, you can catch a bus in Molinaseca to the Ponferrada bus station and take a bus to Villafranca, and cover about 50km in a day almost without breaking stride (but missing the Templar castle in Ponferrada). Make a plan on http://www.godesalco.com/plan/frances so that you have a baseline. Then as you walk, make adjustments. The whole thing is an optional activity in life, so you may be happiest avoiding artificial constraints of using others' accomplishments as your yardstick. Do it your way, and have fun!

Buen camino.

By the time you reach the Meseta, your body will have adjusted to walking longer distances and you can easily walk a 30 km day.
Hmmm. Maybe. But maybe not! I am 67, moderately fit, and recently spent 42 days to get from SJPP to Santiago. It was very comfortable, and I could have done it in less, but I found that over 25 km/day was hard work.

I loved the meseta, and Brierley's stage 17 was a favourite. A section that I would happily never walk again was Brierley 21-22 between Leon and Hospital de Orbigo. I missed the route to Villar de Mazarife (which may have been lovely) and went instead through Villadangos. It had no redeeming features.

I agree with the most of the advice given above, and 36 days is certainly do-able, but be careful to avoid overdoing things and injuring yourself early on. Wait until you get to Leon and assessed the situation there.

As if a pilgrim needs an excuse to walk another camino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I can't speak about the French way. I'm walking it in April and May. I have walked the English and short Portuguese. I hurt my feet walking the English. Took a few months to recover. I walked into the Portuguese camino. By the second week we were pushing 25 plus K a day and feeling stronger every day. Start easy with short days gradually increasing your distance and time. Don't belive the no pain no gain myth. Buen Camino

Happy Trails

Joe:

I think too many people want to break the Camino down into 22 or 25 or 30 kilometer days. This walk can be done easily in the 36 days you have allotted.

Just start your walk slowly and let your body adjust to daily walking a half marathon or so. The first day is tough and unless you are well used to walking up hills, I recommend you stop at Orisson.

By the time you reach the Meseta, your body will have adjusted to walking longer distances and you can easily walk a 30 km day. I like to put in a 7- 8 hour day. Walk two hours take a 30 minute break, repeat, repeat and then stop at the next Albergue. The main thing is to walk at your pace.

In regards to the Salvador/Primitivo, wait till you get to Leon to make that decision. The Salvador is a 4-6 day hike, imo. The Primitivo is 11-14 days, imo. As you approach Leon, you can factor that into your decision.

I recommend you do very little planning. Just start walking and let the Camino and your body be your guide. All will be well.

Ultreya,
Joe
Joe--Perfect advice: Just start and the Universe will unfold for you...Thanks for bring me back to reality!

Hmmm. Maybe. But maybe not! I am 67, moderately fit, and recently spent 42 days to get from SJPP to Santiago. It was very comfortable, and I could have done it in less, but I found that over 25 km/day was hard work.

I loved the meseta, and Brierley's stage 17 was a favourite. A section that I would happily never walk again was Brierley 21-22 between Leon and Hospital de Orbigo. I missed the route to Villar de Mazarife (which may have been lovely) and went instead through Villadangos. It had no redeeming features.

I agree with the most of the advice given above, and 36 days is certainly do-able, but be careful to avoid overdoing things and injuring yourself early on. Wait until you get to Leon and assessed the situation there.
C Clearly: Thanks for the detail tips, I'll certainly look into the downside sections you mentioned. Yes, will make the decision when I get to Leon. Thank you!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It is not 800km, so you save at least one 22km day by correcting that assumption! Shorter stages, such as Triacastela directly to Sarria bypassing Samos, will save you at least another day. In general, though, all things are possible. Buses parallel most of the route, so you can move ahead quite cheaply when you need to. For example, after visiting the Iron Cross, you can catch a bus in Molinaseca to the Ponferrada bus station and take a bus to Villafranca, and cover about 50km in a day almost without breaking stride (but missing the Templar castle in Ponferrada). Make a plan on http://www.godesalco.com/plan/frances so that you have a baseline. Then as you walk, make adjustments. The whole thing is an optional activity in life, so you may be happiest avoiding artificial constraints of using others' accomplishments as your yardstick. Do it your way, and have fun!

Buen camino.
Falcon: Everything I've read cites it as being 800km, so it is actually a tad shorter, heh? I'll check out the link to the planning site and will take your advice about making adjustments. Just like in LIFE!

Hi Joe , this year I walked the Camino Frances in 37 day's. Visit a lot of places and I had 2 short day's of about 9km. The first day to the albergue Orisson and almost at the end to Samos monnestery.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Joe --- In the early stages, it may make sense to go slow to go faster later. The logic being, it will take a week or two for your body to adapt to sustained walking day after day. If you go too hard before you've adapted, you're more likely to suffer tendinitis or blisters or such like. If you start a bit slower, you'll find that, by the time you make the Messeta, you're able to do 30+ km per day comfortably. Just take it day by day and listen to your body.

My son and I made it in 34 days, with three rest days. The last day into Santiago was 45 km, and we easily had strength for another 10 or so. Arguably, St. James had us by the throat that day, but it shows how the body can adapt.

We used a taxi to get out of Burgos and a combination of bus and taxi for the in and out sections of Leon. In
fact I stayed an extra day in Leon so that I could do the Holy Thursday "seven churches" visit. I used a taxi
to get to Astorga. All of which gave me the extra time to take the detour to Samos. My favourite walking day.

Taxis are cheap. If you're planning to jump ahead a little to gain time, don't spend half a
day waiting for a bus to turn up.

This is all rather worthy advice but far too theoretical since it's your feet not ours that will have to do the walking!

You've got 5 months to practice so start walking now - pick a distance (say 10km) - doesn't have to have hills - circular or one-way with transport back - walk on a Saturday and time yourself - in time, you can try two or three circuits - repeat on a Sunday and see how tired you are when you've walked the previous day

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My wife and I did this. We started out walking what was good for us every day. As we got behind by not logging enough kilometers or spending an extra day in various places we took a bus to catch up to our schedule. As we got nearer the end we would walk everyday as far as possible and then grab a taxi a little ways to stay on schedule. The taxis and the buses were both very affordable and it is possible to share a taxi quite often with other people. We both understood that this is not kicking it old school, but for us it was no big deal. The taxis also let us make reservations ahead and not worry about losing them as the alberques were very crowded.

Having walked every step of the Camino between St. Jean and Santiago, I highly recommend doing just that. Bypassing sections may be necessary for you, just know that you may miss meeting one of your spiritual guides, making a new friend, catching that awe-inspiring view of vast wheat fields just at sunrise or finally catching that perfect lighting on a church steeple in a photo to share back home.
I describe the Camino Francés like a good movie: there is an excitement in the beginning with the presentation of the story and the building of the characters (the Pyrenees and foothills); there is the middle (vast wheat fields, small villages and church steeples), and then the flourish of activity leading to the ending (Galicia and Santiago). But, without the middle, or with pieces cut out and left on the edit room floor, there is an incomplete picture. Knowing there was more to the story, more to be experienced and gained. The producers cut.
Go for the director’s cut; see it all—in all its glory.
You can do it.

Bypassing sections... just know that you may miss meeting one of your spiritual guides, making a new friend,
Just know also that the taxi driver, or another bus passenger may have been your potential spiritual guide or new friend, and there was alternative but fabulous experience waiting. One always misses things by making choices, but gains something different. Why limit yourself to another producer or director? Be your own!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My wife and I did this. We started out walking what was good for us every day. As we got behind by not logging enough kilometers or spending an extra day in various places we took a bus to catch up to our schedule. As we got nearer the end we would walk everyday as far as possible and then grab a taxi a little ways to stay on schedule. The taxis and the buses were both very affordable and it is possible to share a taxi quite often with other people. We both understood that this is not kicking it old school, but for us it was no big deal. The taxis also let us make reservations ahead and not worry about losing them as the alberques were very crowded.
To add to what I wrote above. You will always miss something even walking every step of the way. It is around 400 miles and you will never see and do everything there is on this trail. Ask people what they liked and try to plan something that will make you happy. I would not want to miss Ocebero, but that is just me. Also the alberque at San Anton. Two places I would recommend.

I agree with c clearly. We would never walk that section again between Leon and hospital Orbigo. I think that the time you have to walk will be adequate for the whole Camino. We used to start between 6 and 7 and did about 25 km a day. It's important to have plenty of rests at the cafes (in fact my husband God bless him ate his way across the Camino!!) we tried to finish then between 1 pm and 2 pm and rested. Worked for us without blisters or injury. Loved the mesata, our favourite stage so hope you enjoy it too. Best wishes Annette

While on our Camino in the fall of 2014 we encountered a young Canadian woman who had fallen behind her predetermined schedule from SJPdP to Santiago. She said that she realized that she had underestimated her ability to walk a set amount each day. Being several days behind schedule when reaching Burgos (and not feeling that she could make up the time) she decided to rent a bicycle one-way from Burgos to Leon. This allowed her to make up the time as she crossed this central section which included the meseta without having to pass up the meseta. She felt that the meseta was very well scaled and conducive to travel by bicycle. (She did use a transport service for her backpack while traveling by bike.). When we met her she was back ahead of schedule and was very comfortable that she could complete her Camino on time and on foot from Leon to Santiago. In addition, she had also decided to travel the day stretch from Las Herrerias to O Cebreiro by horseback, allowing her to experience the Camino by all three "acceptable" means of transport. I've always felt that this was one of the more interesting and creative solutions to dealing with a limited or underestimated time schedule on the Camino. You might consider putting this into your list of backup options. It would also still allow you to consider the Camino Salvadore/Camino Primitivo option that you mentioned. That having been said, I would still encourage you to do as much as possible by foot. By the time you reach Burgos, you'll know how to best proceed from there. Any thoughts from others?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I think most people who have commented on this posting, assume that you consider leaving from SJPP. You could also start from Roncesvalles, as most Spanish do, or even Pamplona. There is no historical claim to leave from SJPP! It's become "fashionable", especially on this Forum! When we started researching on the Internet, back in 2007, before our first Camino, I don't even remember SJPP being mentioned! We started from Roncesvalles on all 3 occasions, plus another time from Jaca.

From my recollections I think you could bus from Belorado to Burgos and maybe the train from Sahagun or El Burgo Ranero to Leon. These two sections were not overly scenic (imho)!
Sorry no information about the other Caminos - but I think you have received advice already. Cheers

Ok 22km its about 5 hours walk if you are a healthy individual what are you planning to do with the rest of the 8 hours before bed? If walked only 5 hours I would go out of my mind siting around for that long LOL :)

Zzotte

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I think most people who have commented on this posting, assume that you consider leaving from SJPP. You could also start from Roncesvalles, as most Spanish do, or even Pamplona. There is no historical claim to leave from SJPP! It's become "fashionable", especially on this Forum! When we started researching on the Internet, back in 2007, before our first Camino, I don't even remember SJPP being mentioned! We started from Roncesvalles on all 3 occasions, plus another time from Jaca.
@annakappa , the op said he is starting in SJPP et wants to start there. I think that is one of the most beautiful and meaningful etapas and encourage everyone to experince it.

Ok 22km its about 5 hours walk if you are a healthy individual what are you planning to do with the rest of the 8 hours before bed? If walked only 5 hours I would go out of my mind siting around for that long LOL :)

Zzotte
It takes me 7 hours to walk 22km. I always budget 3km per hour, that allows for time getting a cafe con leche, or struggling up or downhill. The truth is that it is not all about being healthy but how one is built: on long is your stride? I am short, my stride is short. I walk as fast as most, I keep checking once in a while by comparing my rythm, but I cannot cover the same distance. Saw it very clearly walking on the beach in Noja trying to match a tall man's foot steps. He flew by me! I would have flown as well had I been able to step in his footsteps.

Hi Joe, my 2 siblings and me walked the CF last Sept 2015 and we had no experience doing a long walk, we trained for about a year. We took it slow for the first week, staying at Orisson inn the first night. We did all the way to Finisterra in 44 days, we only plan for the first day, after that we check how our body felt for that day and just walked, we usually start at 6:30 and usually done by 2:00 PM. As we get stronger we extend our walking till 3:00 PM . We are in the 60-63 age range. If I have to skip a section I'll take a taxi from Atapuerca to Burgos, that section is a walk on asphalt road all the way to Burgos.
Good luck on your Camino. You will find out that it will be with you for the rest of your life.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Anemone you are right the Camino it's all about our own pace regardless how fast or slow it is, what I meant was if you could walk just a little more every day you would not need to take a taxi or bus or whatever and in your heart you would know that walked the whole thing, or you could start say in Pamplona and return another year and finish it (if that matters) but off course it's your choice,

Buen Camino
Zzotte

It takes me 7 hours to walk 22km. I always budget 3km per hour, that allows for time getting a cafe con leche, or struggling up or downhill.
I do the same. At home when walking from point A to point B on level ground, I usually walk 5 km/h. With backpack and moderate ups and downs, on the Camino I found that my actual walking speed was not much more than 4 km/h. But to plan for the day, 3 km/h allowed for several breaks and no pressure.

Zzotte
I am trying to cure a bad case of Plantar Fasciitis and posed the question in case it is still a problem by then. If it is, I will have to take more and longer breaks or reduce the number of klicks I can do in a day…otherwise, knocking off 22km without PF would be no big deal. And yep, I ain't one who likes to sit around!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
While on our Camino in the fall of 2014 we encountered a young Canadian woman who had fallen behind her predetermined schedule from SJPdP to Santiago. She said that she realized that she had underestimated her ability to walk a set amount each day. Being several days behind schedule when reaching Burgos (and not feeling that she could make up the time) she decided to rent a bicycle one-way from Burgos to Leon. This allowed her to make up the time as she crossed this central section which included the meseta without having to pass up the meseta. She felt that the meseta was very well scaled and conducive to travel by bicycle. (She did use a transport service for her backpack while traveling by bike.). When we met her she was back ahead of schedule and was very comfortable that she could complete her Camino on time and on foot from Leon to Santiago. In addition, she had also decided to travel the day stretch from Las Herrerias to O Cebreiro by horseback, allowing her to experience the Camino by all three "acceptable" means of transport. I've always felt that this was one of the more interesting and creative solutions to dealing with a limited or underestimated time schedule on the Camino. You might consider putting this into your list of backup options. It would also still allow you to consider the Camino Salvadore/Camino Primitivo option that you mentioned. That having been said, I would still encourage you to do as much as possible by foot. By the time you reach Burgos, you'll know how to best proceed from there. Any thoughts from others?
Monroe--Thank you, good advice! I like backup options…in fact, if I could, I'd ship my own horse over and ride him! Where does one "rent a horse" over there???? My goal, though, is to do it all on foot. I am trying to fix a case of Plantar Fasciitis, that's the reason for my inquiry about skipping a section in the first place, in case it is still a pain in the heel!

Having walked every step of the Camino between St. Jean and Santiago, I highly recommend doing just that. Bypassing sections may be necessary for you, just know that you may miss meeting one of your spiritual guides, making a new friend, catching that awe-inspiring view of vast wheat fields just at sunrise or finally catching that perfect lighting on a church steeple in a photo to share back home.
I describe the Camino Francés like a good movie: there is an excitement in the beginning with the presentation of the story and the building of the characters (the Pyrenees and foothills); there is the middle (vast wheat fields, small villages and church steeples), and then the flourish of activity leading to the ending (Galicia and Santiago). But, without the middle, or with pieces cut out and left on the edit room floor, there is an incomplete picture. Knowing there was more to the story, more to be experienced and gained. The producers cut.
Go for the director’s cut; see it all—in all its glory.
You can do it.
Brien--I like that analogy! Thank you!

Monroe--Thank you, good advice! I like backup options…in fact, if I could, I'd ship my own horse over and ride him! Where does one "rent a horse" over there???? My goal, though, is to do it all on foot. I am trying to fix a case of Plantar Fasciitis, that's the reason for my inquiry about skipping a section in the first place, in case it is still a pain in the heel!
Your PF will than dictate when you need to get off your feet, not you, nor the pretty views, or not so pretty views.

I developped PF while on the Norte. Not knowing what was wrong I kept walking for a few days, th full 20+kms a day. But them the pain got much worse but it still was a good 10 days to my flight. I could quit walking and head to Mallorca for a bit of inexpensive sun but I kept on route: I would walk half the etapa, bus or taxi the rest. On the Norte you don't have an albergue every 500 yards or so, so I could not just do shorter days, I had to finish the etapa. Should have simply stopped because even 10km a day did me in. Foot not happy with how I treated it and complained for months and months after we got home.

When I went back 9 months later I took it super easy, iced and iced again, stretched and streched. On the CF, if PF gets you, just do shorter days, and plan on seeing Santiago when you return.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Your PF will than dictate when you need to get off your feet, not you, nor the pretty views, or not so pretty views.

I developped PF while on the Norte. Not knowing what was wrong I kept walking for a few days, th full 20+kms a day. But them the pain got much worse but it still was a good 10 days to my flight. I could quit walking and head to Mallorca for a bit of inexpensive sun but I kept on route: I would walk half the etapa, bus or taxi the rest. On the Norte you don't have an albergue every 500 yards or so, so I could not just do shorter days, I had to finish the etapa. Should have simply stopped because even 10km a day did me in. Foot not happy with how I treated it and complained for months and months after we got home.

When I went back 9 months later I took it super easy, iced and iced again, stretched and streched. On the CF, if PF gets you, just do shorter days, and plan on seeing Santiago when you return.

Anemone--well, that's an honest testimonial from someone who know what I'm facing--thank you for such sage advice. I've had PF for several months now and been to chiro and PT and icing, stretching and rolling it. Hard to stay off it due to my work, especially around my little farm and coaching running! So I am trying to plan for "what if" it isn't cured by then or "what if" it is but flares up on the Camino. Your comments are valuable--did you find that hiking sticks were any help at all for easing the pain from your PF? I find that just standing on it at the end of the day drives me up a wall!

Joe as I said to Anemone: you are right the Camino it's all about our own pace regardless how fast or slow it is, what I meant was if you could walk just a little more every day you would not need to take a taxi or bus or whatever and in your heart you would know that walked the whole thing, or you could start say in Pamplona and return another year and finish it (if that matters) but off course it's your choice, I'm sorry to hear about your PF and health has a lot to do it.

Buen Camino
Zzotte

Anemone--well, that's an honest testimonial from someone who know what I'm facing--thank you for such sage advice. I've had PF for several months now and been to chiro and PT and icing, stretching and rolling it. Hard to stay off it due to my work, especially around my little farm and coaching running! So I am trying to plan for "what if" it isn't cured by then or "what if" it is but flares up on the Camino. Your comments are valuable--did you find that hiking sticks were any help at all for easing the pain from your PF? I find that just standing on it at the end of the day drives me up a wall!
I have always used walking poles so I cannot say if they may have made a difference. What most certainly did are the different orthotics and the fact that at home I now always, and only, wear Birkenstocks. I developped PF wearing hard custom made orthotics so I was stunned. Have been seing a different podiatrist and she put me on a pair of softer ones full time for 2 months before leaving and on the Camino I wear one type in the morning, then I switch. Ven had a pair of EVA Birkies for rest time. I now mostly wear ugly shoes: my Camino Salomons, except when having to leave the office or in meetings o_O On the Camino I brought Ziplock types bags to put in a few ice cubes at every bar where I would have a cafe con leche.

We skipped the meseta, took a bus and train to Leon, it was a good decision for us. (It was winter and we were really battling against freezing headwinds). It cut out about 100km and got us back into loving the camino again, it saved our camino. By the time you get there you would know how you are going, whether you need to adjust.

I do a section of the Via de la Plata each year. In May 2016, I will carry on from Salamanca and cover 284 klm in 9 days, the longest of which is 49 klm on the first day. I know that everybody is different, but I would think that 22 klm per day is achievable. I think the best part of doing the Camino is doing the whole thing from start to finish. Again, people are different but, for me, taking a bus a section of the way would completely diminish the whole Camino. But that's just for me.
Dave

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have always used walking poles so I cannot say if they may have made a difference. What most certainly did are the different orthotics and the fact that at home I now always, and only, wear Birkenstocks. I developped PF wearing hard custom made orthotics so I was stunned. Have been seing a different podiatrist and she put me on a pair of softer ones full time for 2 months before leaving and on the Camino I wear one type in the morning, then I switch. Ven had a pair of EVA Birkies for rest time. I now mostly wear ugly shoes: my Camino Salomons, except when having to leave the office or in meetings o_O On the Camino I brought Ziplock types bags to put in a few ice cubes at every bar where I would have a cafe con leche.[/mQUOTly onE]

Anemoe--Yes, I need to get a pair of Birkies. I have several different sets of orthos--two of which are custom-designed for my high arches. Yes, one is very hard and I am only to wear it a few hours a day. You mentioned you wore Salomons--the trail shoe? I am wearing a pair of Merrill Ventillator's and also trying a pair of Merrrill All Out Blaze (but they are terrible for wet surfaces). Good advice--I'll get a pair of Birkies and will take ziplock bags for ice! Thank you again!

Joe,

You have plenty of time. 25K/day, even on my badly blistered feet, was quite doable. If/when I do it again, I would skip the major cities (especially Ponferrada) and a nasty piece of road walking just after Villafranca de Bierzo (unless you take the high route). A detailed discussion of this (with my views and those of others) is available at: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/which-cities-to-skip.32208/

That all being said, just start walking. Every Camino is different--different weather, different foot/ankle/knee/hip problems, etc. I learned two lessons on the Camino: 1) I did not have to get this planned out correctly. I made a pretty bad error in footwear, and; 2) if I just kept walking, no matter how slowly or imperfectly, I would make it to Santiago (and Finisterre, as it turned out).

Buen Camino,
Jo Jo

Just know also that the taxi driver, or another bus passenger may have been your potential spiritual guide
Fair point C clearly. Everyone and everything is a "potential" spirit guide, even a wild dog. We, if we are seekers, must be open to what may come.
Cheers

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yes, Salomon GTX-Ultra. They look just lovely with the little black dress and nylons I am wearing now at my desk ;0)

Buen Camino!
I would agree, after 2. 5 weeks you will have a good idea what a comfortable pace will be for you. Then decide if a jump will be needed. I was 53 took a year to recover from a heart issue, did it in 32 days to Santiago & 35 to Finnesterre. But if you jump up to Ovideo it may take an extra day or two. Definitely can be done in 36 days just train so you are comfortable with full pack 25k three days in a row. You will get in better shape once you start.

Joe as I said to Anemone: you are right the Camino it's all about our own pace regardless how fast or slow it is, what I meant was if you could walk just a little more every day you would not need to take a taxi or bus or whatever and in your heart you would know that walked the whole thing, or you could start say in Pamplona and return another year and finish it (if that matters) but off course it's your choice, I'm sorry to hear about your PF and health has a lot to do it.

Buen Camino
Zzotte
Joe,

You have plenty of time. 25K/day, even on my badly blistered feet, was quite doable. If/when I do it again, I would skip the major cities (especially Ponferrada) and a nasty piece of road walking just after Villafranca de Bierzo (unless you take the high route). A detailed discussion of this (with my views and those of others) is available at: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/which-cities-to-skip.32208/

That all being said, just start walking. Every Camino is different--different weather, different foot/ankle/knee/hip problems, etc. I learned two lessons on the Camino: 1) I did not have to get this planned out correctly. I made a pretty bad error in footwear, and; 2) if I just kept walking, no matter how slowly or imperfectly, I would make it to Santiago (and Finisterre, as it turned out).

Buen Camino,
Jo Jo
JoJo--"Just start walking." Great advice. And not only for the Camino! Many thanks for the comment(s)! By the way, what was your "pretty bad error in footwear?"

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I would agree, after 2. 5 weeks you will have a good idea what a comfortable pace will be for you. Then decide if a jump will be needed. I was 53 took a year to recover from a heart issue, did it in 32 days to Santiago & 35 to Finnesterre. But if you jump up to Ovideo it may take an extra day or two. Definitely can be done in 36 days just train so you are comfortable with full pack 25k three days in a row. You will get in better shape once you start.
Mto Camino--Thank you! Good to know one has done it in that timeframe. I like the 2.5 week decide-o timeframe!

I am trying to cure a bad case of Plantar Fasciitis and posed the question in case it is still a problem by then. If it is, I will have to take more and longer breaks or reduce the number of klicks I can do in a day…otherwise, knocking off 22km without PF would be no big deal. And yep, I ain't one who likes to sit around!
I've been working diligently on my plantar fasciitis. At first I relied on an exercise I learned, then I learned how to use a tennis ball to release the tightness. I've continued with both and it's much better now, but I'm bringing that tennis ball with me! Yes, I've already weighed it: 57 grams and well worth it. I predict I'll be sharing it with other pilgrims with sore feet.

Also, I wear custom-made hard orthotics, but place them under the removable insoles that came with my boots. The cushioning seems to help.

Good luck and buen camino.

€83,-
Also, I wear custom-made hard orthotics, but place them under the removable insoles that came with my boots. The cushioning seems to help.

Hi, Seabird, I don't mean to be alarmist, and of course maybe your feet are different, but hard plastic orthotics did me in on my first Vdlp. I had to stop in Caceres with terrible heel pain. An X-ray revealed a heel spur. On several previous caminos, I had arrived in Santiago, limping and with bad heel pain, but just couldn't figure out the problem.

Think of all the foot strikes you will be making, all of them on hard plastic. With all the paving of the Camino Frances that has happened since I last walked it, it means that there are many more hard foot strikes. I have gotten silicone orthotics since the debacle on the Vdlp in 2008, I believe it was, and have not had a problem since. In fact a recent xray showed no heel spur!

I would never walk in anything but silicone orthotics!

I've been working diligently on my plantar fasciitis. At first I relied on an exercise I learned, then I learned how to use a tennis ball to release the tightness. I've continued with both and it's much better now, but I'm bringing that tennis ball with me! Yes, I've already weighed it: 57 grams and well worth it. I predict I'll be sharing it with other pilgrims with sore feet.

Good luck and buen camino.
Seabird--I'll try the tennis ball! I've been using a marble bread roller that I keep in the freeze, but that sucker is it way too heavy to tote on the Camino! And I've been alternating it with a golf ball which I had planned to take in my pack, but I'll weight it against the tennis ball. The nice thing about the golf ball is that is it solid, hits the calcium deposit right on the head, and is small! But probably heavier than a tennis ball. I also have custom ortho's, but have not tried them under the insoles. Thanks for the tips!

Good old shoes--Sounds like a plan…err not to plan, but to wing it and see how it is going. I've been trying to have an alternative as I'm trying to cure a bad case of plantar fasciitis before I go, but if it flares up on the Camino...But I like your advice! Thank you!

I had plantar fasciitis for years. Before I went walking last Spring on the Camino, I went to a sports doctor and then to a physical therapist who showed me how to tape my heels to push the fat pad under the impact site. I was told that this fat pad spreads out as a person gets older. It helped, so did the motrin. I also bought inserts-- cushioning ones, not hard orthotics. Hard orthotics hurt my feet. I had tried them before. Believe me, I have tried a lot of treatments for my feet. What I found on the camino was that my blisters and swollen feet hurt more than my plantar fasciitis. My shoes were too small after walking for a few hours with a pack. So I limped along... However, since walking the camino, I have had no problem! The sports doctor had told me that he thought my pain originated from lack of muscle strength. Now I can walk, and I can stand for hours bare foot and sock foot! Who knew that simply walking (limping) 300 miles would cure me? Miracles happen on the Camino. :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Start off slowly Joe ..... 15 to 20km per day - don't panic about the miles that are falling behind.
After 2 weeks the blisters will be gone and you will find that 25/30 km will be no effort at all.
By the time you get to the last 100km you will be eating up the miles.
36 days will be perfect . I see no reason why you cannot complete the whole CF distance with a day or two off.
This advice from a unfit short rotund little chap that took 33days.

Hi Joe,
As many have said above, just start out walking from StJPdP. I walked to SdeComp in 30 days in May 14. I was then 64 years of age. Many other walkers of the same vintage, completed the pilgrimage
in similar time, maybe a day or two extra. I had one long day (40k) and two short days (18k,14k). From a personal point of view, I would have regretted it later, if I skipped any part of the journey. But, thankfully we are all different.
Buen camino.

Hi. I had this and a friend gave me a plastic boot device that you wear while you sleep. It stretches the foot and tendons and completely cured it in 10 days. Never came back. Unfortunately can't remember name but look on the web. It looks a little like a ski boot.

€149,-
I had plantar fasciitis for years. Before I went walking last Spring on the Camino, I went to a sports doctor and then to a physical therapist who showed me how to tape my heels to push the fat pad under the impact site. I was told that this fat pad spreads out as a person gets older. It helped, so did the motrin. I also bought inserts-- cushioning ones, not hard orthotics. Hard orthotics hurt my feet. I had tried them before. Believe me, I have tried a lot of treatments for my feet. What I found on the camino was that my blisters and swollen feet hurt more than my plantar fasciitis. My shoes were too small after walking for a few hours with a pack. So I limped along... However, since walking the camino, I have had no problem! The sports doctor had told me that he thought my pain originated from lack of muscle strength. Now I can walk, and I can stand for hours bare foot and sock foot! Who knew that simply walking (limping) 300 miles would cure me? Miracles happen on the Camino. :)
Kelleymac: Sounds like we're in the same boat! Thanks for the tips! So, walk more!

Kelleymac: Sounds like we're in the same boat! Thanks for the tips! So, walk more!
I noticed you have a horse! Me too. -I saw a sign on the Camino "Usted necesita un caballo", and I thought "They have that right." So I did opt to ride from Herreries up to O´Cebreiro. It didn't save me much time, but it gave my feet a rest, and it was great to be on a horse for an hour or so. The horses were in good shape (well fed, hooves in good condition). The man who runs it also can organize a longer ride. More info at Alpaso.eu.

I noticed you have a horse! Me too. -I saw a sign on the Camino "Usted necesita un caballo", and I thought "They have that right." So I did opt to ride from Herreries up to O´Cebreiro. It didn't save me much time, but it gave my feet a rest, and it was great to be on a horse for an hour or so. The horses were in good shape (well fed, hooves in good condition). The man who runs it also can organize a longer ride. More info at Alpaso.eu.
KelleyMac: Great info! I'll check it out, for sure. Thank you!

All I know is, that when I felt at the lowest with blister and sore tendons at the knee, I had a hidden treat of "giving up and giving in" at the last few kilometres before Leon, if nescessary, just to put an end to my misery, and take a bus hitch a ride or take a taxi.....
Instead I found peace with my pains and completed my day without transportation.
When that is said, I would at any time give up, as it were, if I had any problems with my body and take a taxi or a bus a whole day agead.
So my advice is, not to plan in advance Where you are going to skip a distance of the route, but instead allow yourself to skip If and When you might need it.

The camino is neither a race nor a martyrium, and health must be observed.

When and If you complete the route, it is however very satisfying to say when asked at the office:
Did you walk all the way?? - Yes! - every step of the way...!!
I was so content and felt so complete that I had made the route on my own steam and so had made a complete line to my destination.

"Caminante, no hay camino,
se hace camino al andar.
Al andar se hace camino,
y al volver la vista atrás
se ve la senda que nunca
se ha de volver a pisar."

"Wanderer, there is no path,
the path is made by walking.
Walking makes the path,
and on glancing back
one sees the path
that will never trod again."

"Proverbios y cantares XXIX" [Proverbs and Songs 29], Campos de Castilla (1912); trans. Betty Jean Craige in Selected Poems of Antonio Machado(Louisiana State University Press, 1979)

21776-dc65988b266ed78767af81d754f8ef09.jpg

Attachments

• pdf083.jpg
    pdf083.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
All I know is, that when I felt at the lowest with blister and sore tendons at the knee, I had a hidden treat of "giving up and giving in" at the last few kilometres before Leon, if nescessary, just to put an end to my misery, and take a bus hitch a ride or take a taxi.....
Instead I found peace with my pains and completed my day without transportation.
When that is said, I would at any time give up, as it were, if I had any problems with my body and take a taxi or a bus a whole day agead.
So my advice is, not to plan in advance Where you are going to skip a distance of the route, but instead allow yourself to skip If and When you might need it.

The camino is neither a race nor a martyrium, and health must be observed.

When and If you complete the route, it is however very satisfying to say when asked at the office:
Did you walk all the way?? - Yes! - every step of the way...!!
I was so content and felt so complete that I had made the route on my own steam and so had made a complete line to my destination.

"Caminante, no hay camino,
se hace camino al andar.
Al andar se hace camino,
y al volver la vista atrás
se ve la senda que nunca
se ha de volver a pisar."

"Wanderer, there is no path,
the path is made by walking.
Walking makes the path,
and on glancing back
one sees the path
that will never trod again."

"Proverbios y cantares XXIX" [Proverbs and Songs 29], Campos de Castilla (1912); trans. Betty Jean Craige in Selected Poems of Antonio Machado(Louisiana State University Press, 1979)

der

21776-dc65988b266ed78767af81d754f8ef09.jpg
Stivandrer--Good advice: WHEN and IF. I'll remember those words!

Hi, Seabird, I don't mean to be alarmist, and of course maybe your feet are different, but hard plastic orthotics did me in on my first Vdlp. I had to stop in Caceres with terrible heel pain. An X-ray revealed a heel spur. On several previous caminos, I had arrived in Santiago, limping and with bad heel pain, but just couldn't figure out the problem.

Think of all the foot strikes you will be making, all of them on hard plastic. With all the paving of the Camino Frances that has happened since I last walked it, it means that there are many more hard foot strikes. I have gotten silicone orthotics since the debacle on the Vdlp in 2008, I believe it was, and have not had a problem since. In fact a recent xray showed no heel spur!

I would never walk in anything but silicone orthotics!
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hadn't thought about being re-evaluated before my Camino. I am going to seek out a podiatrist who is well regarded by active/sports people to discuss my current orthotics.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Seabird--I'll try the tennis ball! I've been using a marble bread roller that I keep in the freeze, but that sucker is it way too heavy to tote on the Camino! And I've been alternating it with a golf ball which I had planned to take in my pack, but I'll weight it against the tennis ball. The nice thing about the golf ball is that is it solid, hits the calcium deposit right on the head, and is small! But probably heavier than a tennis ball. I also have custom ortho's, but have not tried them under the insoles. Thanks for the tips!
Hmmm, maybe I'll try the golf ball. The other thing about the tennis ball as that I use it on other body parts (my hip joint in particular). I'm on a roll (pun intended) with my PF -- no pain for two weeks now. But I don't take it for granted.

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back