• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

40 pilgrims per day in June

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Wow Ivar, surprised at those statistics. I guess that I may not be alone after all!

Leave for Sevilla next Thursday, starting to get ready and beginning to get excited!

Cheers,
LT

The Via de la Plata was fourth on the list of busiest caminos:
Camino seguido.
Los caminos que han seguido la mayoría de los peregrinos son Frances-Camino de con 18.242 (72,28%); Portugues-Camino con 3.472 (13,76%); Norte-Camino de con 1.339 (5,31%); Via de la Plata con 1.218 (4,83%); Primitivo-Camino con 580 (2,30%); etc.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Average of 40 people a day got the Compostela. Add 10-20 more on short parts of the Via. Started from Seville 29.04 and there were lots of people along the way.No chance to be alone.
ranthr

Absolutely astonished :shock: at these huge numbers.

Perhaps they are very much increased by those who start say, at Ourense.

Caminando said:
Absolutely astonished :shock: at these huge numbers.

Maybe.. but I have heard that there are a lot more people than usual that starts further back as well..

In a way it is good, to get some people off the frances..that will be very busy this year (as it was last year).

Saludos,
Ivar

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Apparently the albergue in Zamora has been at capacity the last months,

Andy

Caminando said:

I got into Santiago at the end of May (also quite busy) and there actually seemed to be fewer people after Ourense. There were bed shortages before then, but never after. It was very strange.

Anna-Marie

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back