• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

5-6 days in July, where to go?

Tiran

Time of past OR future Camino
Via Gebennensis (2013)
Hello everyone!

I'm planning my first camino right now, and unfortunately it is a short one of 5-6 walking days, and in the middle of July. I know, not the best time, but it is what I've got. :) I would love to do a really long one in the future.

But I still haven't decided on where to go, so I need a little advice and ideas from all of you!

Some thoughts about what I want with my trip:
1. Since it will be in the middle of July, I want to walk a part where I wont melt away in the sun.
2. I DON'T want to walk Camino Francés, because it seems too touristic (can you say that? English is not my native language...) and crowded. I want to be able to walk alone and reflect, but also have the possibility of company and interesting meetings during the way.
3. I want to experience beautiful scenery, and hopefully also have those genuine meetings with people living in the villages that I pass.

Maybe this is too much to ask, but one can always wish!

I have thought about 3 caminos so far, that I'm interested in:
1. Via de la Plata/ Camino Sanabres, from Xunqueira de Ambia, through Orense, to Santiago.
2. Via Podiensis/The Puy Route. Don't know which part?
3. The Arles Route. Don't know which part there either?

So, since this is the Arles forum, do you think this Camino will suit me?
Which part do you recommend for me in the middle of July?
How much people will be there in the middle of July?
Is it hard to find accommodation?
(Is La Puy better?)

Of course, if you can compare these three routes that I'm thinking of, and recommend me one over the other, this is very welcome! Or if you have thoughts about another camino to take, that would suit me better?

Hope you can help me, all you experienced out there!

All the best!
Maria

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning Pilgrims! In June I will leave Italy to try to get to Santiago. Around August I will be walking the part of the camino in France, and as I read through the various threads, I had a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back