• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

5 April 2023 need ride from Pamplona to SJPP 2pm or later

JonathanLorenzo

Walking the Camino starting Holy Week 2023
Time of past OR future Camino
6 April 2023 to begin walking French Way in SJPP
Hello Pilgrims :)

I am very excited to embark on this pilgrimage beginning Holy Week this year and meet many others from around the world on this spiritual and physical journey. However, I do still need a ride from Pamplona, Spain to SJPP, France at 2pm or later on 5 April 2023. My train does not arrive in Pamplona until ~ 1:50pm (after the once a day bus leaves) and I need to get to SJPP that day to get my official Camino passport and start walking bright and early 6 April 2023. I must stay on schedule as I'm planning to make it to Fisterra by 8 May 2023 to be able to get on my 9 May 2023 early afternoon flight out of Madrid. If anyone or ones would be interested in splitting a taxi or rideshare, please let me know. (phone number and email address removed by moderator - please use private conversation function to get in touch) Buen Camino!!

Thank you and God Bless
Jonathan

Last edited by a moderator:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Why don't you start your Camino from Pamplona if you are on such a tight schedule?

And furthermore: keep in mind that the Semana Santa (Holy Week) is one of the busiest periods of the year as Spanish and French people have a few days off and walk a part of the Camino during that long weekend. Especially in the 'bottleneck' between SJPdP and Pamplona hundreds of people are walking then. Difficult to find a bed, so make reservations! Last year I was in the albergue of Roncesvalles during the Semana Santa and it was full every night (245 beds), much to our regret we had to send many pilgrims away, some had to taxi to Pamplona as there were no beds available in the albergues between Roncesvalles and Pamplona!

Why don't you start your Camino from Pamplona if you are on such a tight schedule?

And furthermore: keep in mind that the Semana Santa (Holy Week) is one of the busiest periods of the year as Spanish and French people have a few days off and walk a part of the Camino during that long weekend. Especially in the 'bottleneck' between SJPdP and Pamplona hundreds of people are walking then. Difficult to find a bed, so make reservations! Last year I was in the albergue of Roncesvalles during the Semana Santa and it was full every night (245 beds), much to our regret we had to send many pilgrims away, some had to taxi to Pamplona as there were no beds available in the albergues between Roncesvalles and Pamplona!
I am walking the full Camino. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to have this much time off between jobs in my vocation and that is why i planned it when I did. There was not the ability to do it any other time of year as I would be at old or new job and the maximum I could have off at a time would be 2 weeks, not 5 weeks. I am asking if anyone wants to share a taxi ride or split rideshare with me 5 April 2023 sometime after 2pm. Otherwise, I will have to pay a lot for just myself to get that hour and a half ride. Thank you!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There is not such a thing as a 'full' Camino. There are many Caminos starting in many places all over Europe.
Some people from the Netherlands - where I live - start their Camino from home. And Spanish people for example would never start their Camino in France ....
Any Camino can start anywhere!

I am not asking you about that. What I am posting on this forum is a question for anyone with a constructive cooperative response.

Again, I am looking for anyone or ones that may be commuting from Pamplona to SJPP on 5 April 2023 anytime from 2pm or after. If someone’s travel plans fit this, please message me and we can discuss options to split a taxi/rideshare.

i Hope you have some positive responses soon , I understand what you are asking , not a new thing on this forum . There are now several negative responses from forum members who know what is best for us! We want to start from SJPdP and we need a ride from Pamplona ,! Why do the others get confused?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
i Hope you have some positive responses soon , I understand what you are asking , not a new thing on this forum . There are now several negative responses from forum members who know what is best for us! We want to start from SJPdP and we need a ride from Pamplona ,! Why do the others get confused?

Well, all I can do is keeping trying and praying on it. If no one responds positively on here with interest, I will just have to pay for an expensive taxi. If more time, I’d happily walk to SJPdP and back. As it is, I am used to planning many trips in small gaps or time between school semesters and work time off availability, running around and finding hacks for it all to come together with few resources available. It will all work out somehow 👍🏼

Thank you for the positive vibes!

You can reserve a taxi with this company, and they will try to pool you with other pilgrims to share the cost.

You can reserve a taxi with this company, and they will try to pool you with other pilgrims to share the cost.

Thank you, Trecile. I hadn’t seen this one yet. Will give it a shot.

Cheers,
Jonathan

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Is it typical with this site to only offer bicycles to rent at a very high price and no taxis, in your experience? Bicycles were the only option that came up with multiple searches for taxi transit between Pamplona and SJPdP on the date I requested.
Thanks

Is it typical with this site to only offer bicycles to rent at a very high price and no taxis, in your experience? Bicycles were the only option that came up with multiple searches for taxi transit between Pamplona and SJPdP on the date I requested.
Thanks
I think that you may have misread, or their translation to English is not the best.
They are saying that they can accommodate bicycles in addition to passenger transport.

I read where they said that and understood it was an "either" situation. What I am saying is that after I listed day and time of my request following prompts, the only options they listed were bicycles. To circumvent this, I just emailed them with specific request since the website doesn't currently allow for me to book taxi/rideshare online. Thanks

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I read where they said that and understood it was an "either" situation. What I am saying is that after I listed day and time of my request following prompts, the only options they listed were bicycles. To circumvent this, I just emailed them with specific request since the website doesn't currently allow for me to book taxi/rideshare online. Thanks
That's good to read, you have it sorted then.

My guess is, like @trecile's, that this is not the best webpage design. If you don't want to have bikes transported with you, you don't click the corresponding "select" buttons for extra options. If you do, they will change to green. You continue the booking with only the top green button activated. Buen Camino!

TaxiFermin.jpg

I tried to make a reservation on April 5th, 1 adult, pick up in Pamplona at 3 pm and saw no problem at all.
You click on the yellow 'start reservation' button, in the next page you enter the details of your ride (pick-up time, location and drop-off location, one way, 1 adult), then you click the 'choose vehicle' button. On the next page you CAN add a bicicletta but of course you don't need that so you click on the 'enter contact details' and in the next page you can enter your name, e-mailaddress, phone-number etc. After you have filled this out you can make your reservation.

That's good to read, you have it sorted then.

My guess is, like @trecile's, that this is not the best webpage design. If you don't want to have bikes transported with you, you don't click the corresponding "select" buttons for extra options. If you do, they will change to green. You continue the booking with only the top green button activated. Buen Camino!

View attachment 143037
Thank you Kathar1na,
That makes sense. I will give it another try after removing extra options if it isn’t sorted over email. 👍🏼

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello Pilgrims :)

I am very excited to embark on this pilgrimage beginning Holy Week this year and meet many others from around the world on this spiritual and physical journey. However, I do still need a ride from Pamplona, Spain to SJPP, France at 2pm or later on 5 April 2023. My train does not arrive in Pamplona until ~ 1:50pm (after the once a day bus leaves) and I need to get to SJPP that day to get my official Camino passport and start walking bright and early 6 April 2023. I must stay on schedule as I'm planning to make it to Fisterra by 8 May 2023 to be able to get on my 9 May 2023 early afternoon flight out of Madrid. If anyone or ones would be interested in splitting a taxi or rideshare, please let me know. (phone number and email address removed by moderator - please use private conversation function to get in touch) Buen Camino!!

Thank you and God Bless
Jonathan
Hello
I am arriving at the same time but on April 6th and will take a taxi to SJPDP. You do have a very tight schedule; all the best on your journey.

I have arranged transport from Pamplona to SJPDP on April 6th, leaving from airport around 2-2:30pm. Currently I’m the only passenger so if anyone is looking for a ride let me know.

I have arranged transport from Pamplona to SJPDP on April 6th, leaving from airport around 2-2:30pm. Currently I’m the only passenger so if anyone is looking for a ride let me know.
Hola, curious who you arranged it with? I am arriving a month later and trying to organise a taxi :) Thank you!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back