• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

5 Days for Part of Camino de Madrid

tfordham

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Madrid (2018)
Hello!

I am a female, 21-year-old first timer! I currently live in Madrid and want to do the Camino de Madrid, as I love the fact that it isn't too popular and has few industrial cities along the way. However, the average amount of time to complete it is 2 weeks-- I will be on break and only have about 5 days (6 maximum.) Is there a particular part I should start at that get the most of what I will have the chance to walk? Also, how do I go about stopping the camino in the middle of the pilgrimage?

Thank you for the help!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello!

I am a female, 21-year-old first timer! I currently live in Madrid and want to do the Camino de Madrid, as I love the fact that it isn't too popular and has few industrial cities along the way. However, the average amount of time to complete it is 2 weeks-- I will be on break and only have about 5 days (6 maximum.) Is there a particular part I should start at that get the most of what I will have the chance to walk? Also, how do I go about stopping the camino in the middle of the pilgrimage?

Thank you for the help!

Hi, here’s an option for you.

3 of us from this forum (we have never met before) are starting the Camino de Madrid on Friday 23 March.
See this thread: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-de-madrid-march-2018.51777/
You are welcome to join us for that weekend!

It will give you a quick introduction to walking a camino, and it would be a perfect chance to test out carrying your backpack.

Either start with us from the church of Santiago & St John the Baptist on Friday morning, or get the train to Tres Cantos on Saturday morning and we’ll meet you at the station. You can then get the train back from Cercedilla on Sunday afternoon.
We are a lot older than you, but you only have to put up with us for 2 or 3 days! Then next time you have a few days’ break (and there’s no snow on the pass to Segovia), you can get the train back to Cercedilla and continue.
Jill

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello!

Thank you for the help!

Hi, here’s an option for you.

3 of us from this forum (we have never met before) are starting the Camino de Madrid on Friday 23 March.
See this thread: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-de-madrid-march-2018.51777/
You are welcome to join us for that weekend!

It will give you a quick introduction to walking a camino, and it would be a perfect chance to test out carrying your backpack.

Either start with us from the church of Santiago & St John the Baptist on Friday morning, or get the train to Tres Cantos on Saturday morning and we’ll meet you at the station. You can then get the train back from Cercedilla on Sunday afternoon.
We are a lot older than you, but you only have to put up with us for 2 or 3 days! Then next time you have a few days’ break (and there’s no snow on the pass to Segovia), you can get the train back to Cercedilla and continue.
Jill

What a great idea - The more the merrier ! I hope you think about it @tfordham

Buen Camino.
Annie

Or I'll be coming by in September and have a double room booked in Tres Cantos on Saturday the 22nd - happy to share the room (it's two single beds). I'm planning on a longish day the next day - 33km to Mataelpino. You might prefer to stop in Manzanares el Real with Ray and Rosa and then be on your own!
When do you have time off?

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.