• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

5 days in Navarre, 5 days in Galicia Apr 2014?

Food Baby

Hi everyone,
We have about 10 days only unfortunately, and so I was thinking of the following itinerary to experience the start and end of the Camino.. is this doable, and a recommended way of spending around 10 days on the Camino Frances?

Day 1 Pamplona
Day 2 Puente La Reina
Day 3 Estella
Day 4 Los Arcos
Day 5 Logrono
catch overnight train to sarria
Day 6 rest day
Day 7 Portomarin
Day 8 Palas De Rei
Day 9 Ribadiso
Day 10 Pedrouzo
Day 11 Santiago

Also, if you were going to stop anywhere for a day, where would you recommend?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I don't think any of your day-end points is better than any other for stopping for a day. Stop when you are tired!

If you stopped in Sarria, you could take a taxi to Samos. There is a spectacular monastery there with afternoon tours, sometimes in English if you are lucky.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
You may consider doing instead Pamplona-Burgos (9 days, with an additional one to enjoy this lovely city). This alternative avoids the complication of a train, and gives you a day more for walking. Besides, after Pamplona you are going to meet people who become your friends, and the "social part" is specially likable in the Camino. You may come back other year to walk the Meseta or arrive to Compostela.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I frequently encounter people who only have a limited time and do not think that they will be doing the Camino more than once. I suggest to them that they will be coming back, and so they should do stage I (to Burgos) now, and complete it another time. However, if they really don't think that this is what they want to do (and they're wrong, or so I think), I suggest a division much as Food Baby has laid out. For a rest day, I usually suggest Estella, which is not overwhelming and does have things to look at, and gives people a breather after the first few adrenalin-charged days. But nothing beats stopping when you feel like it.

Just my opinion, and I'm sure others would disagree, but I think the section from Sarria to Santiago is the least interesting part of the walk, and I'd opt for Pamplona to Burgos if I were you. Another alternative is to bus or take the train from Logrono to Leon and walk to Ponferrada. If you really want to do the last section then starting in Ponferrada is another alternative. Ponferrada is a large city and you should be able to get there easily by bus or train.

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back