• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

5 days walk on camino Frances early November.

Deepforest

Time of past OR future Camino
2015 Camino Frances 2016 Camino Portuguese 2017 del Norte and Primitivo 2017 Via Francegina 2018.
hi guys, I'm on half term the first week of November. I'm really tight for time, as John muir would call would say , I'm one of the time poor.

I love walking the camino and am going to fly over if even for a few days, five to seven days I hope. I'm thinking walking from pontevedra to ribadisio. The idea is to fly in and out of Santiago. This section is very beautiful and should be nice in late autumn.
Some of the pilgrims last November, carried a sheet with all the open albegues listed. They got in St Jean. Is there any way I can find out what albergues are open in early November?

Any other recommendations for five days camino walking?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
What about the Camino Ingles? There is a free guide here in the Forum resources section plus the albergues, as they belong to the Xunta, will be open all year round. Buen Camino, SY

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
What about the Camino Ingles? There is a free guide here in the Forum resources section plus the albergues, as they belong to the Xunta, will be open all year round. Buen Camino, SY

Be much cooler up north of Spain though?

@SYates
The Xunta Albergue that I had decided to stay in last November, I think it was Santa Irene, near Santiago, closed on November 15 last year. I was very surprised, as I thought I could rely on it to be open, but apparently not.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
@SYates
The Xunta Albergue that I had decided to stay in last November, I think it was Santa Irene, near Santiago, closed on November 15 last year. I was very surprised, as I thought I could rely on it to be open, but apparently not.

That is highly unusual! Normally the Xunta albergues are open 24/7/365 perhaps they closed for some emergency (bed bugs?) Buen Camino, SY

Hi, yes, the Xunta albergue in Santa Irene is open all year round, so there must have been an emergency. If it was bed bugs, then I am happy happy to hear they closed to de-bug. But it could have been other reasons, like hospitalero problems (e.g. death in the family). Jill

Hi, yes, the Xunta albergue in Santa Irene is open all year round, so there must have been an emergency. If it was bed bugs, then I am happy happy to hear they closed to de-bug. But it could have been other reasons, like hospitalero problems (e.g. death in the family). Jill

@jsalt
I cannot swear to this information, as I was with two other women, Spanish residents, who were frantically phoning around for a place to stay the night as the sun was going down at 5:30 pm on Nov.16 at Salceda. They said they had received responses from all three albergues in the area, including the Xunta Albergue at Santa Irene, that they had closed the day before. The only Albergue that was willing to reverse this decision and open for us was the Albergue Turistico de Salceda, where the proprietor cooked for us and for three male peregrinos and gave us beds in three bedded rooms, but did not reopen the Albergue dorm. I have no idea why the Santa Irene Albergue was closed, as myself and my companions were expecting to stay there. They said (the other women) that the three albergues had agreed to close for the season on Nov. 15th, but they may have been mistaken. Regardless, I am no longer confident that an Albergue will be open year round if it is a Xunta Albergue.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I am no longer confident that an Albergue will be open year round if it is a Xunta Albergue

Yes, actually any albergue. I arrived in Ciruena one year, on 21 Oct, late in the day, with the leaflet from the SJPDP office stating that the Ciruena albergue closed on “tous les saints”, i.e. All Saints Day, 1 Nov. However, the albergue was well and truly closed, shut, locked up, Go Away. Since then, I am also no longer confident that XX will be open, when I’m passing through, on any given day in the off-season. Jill

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back