• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

5 minute train transfer in Ourense

GuyA

Time of past OR future Camino
Looking for some advice…will be travelling from Santiago de Compostela to Leon shortly. I have two choices Alsa bus 6 hr or Renfre 4:30 hr which requires a transfer at Ourense.

My concern is the Ourense transfer is only 5 minutes…I welcome any feedback from any forum member who has done this…good or bad idea with respect to 5 minute transfer.

Thanks

Guy

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Looking for some advice…will be travelling from Santiago de Compostela to Leon shortly. I have two choices Alsa bus 6 hr or Renfre 4:30 hr which requires a transfer at Ourense.

My concern is the Ourense transfer is only 5 minutes…I welcome any feedback from any forum member who has done this…good or bad idea with respect to 5 minute transfer.

Thanks

Guy
We did such a transfer some years ago on our way to Santiago. The trains came in on either side of an island platform and we just walked across and got on our new train. It was clearly planned that way.

Thanks

Guy
I made the same trip a few years ago and it went without a problem. The train from Santiago pulled into Ourense and we stepped off and within a couple of minutes the train to Leon pulled in on the track beside the one we arrived on.
Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks all…in the end a different solution. My walking friend was taking a 6:15 am train to Porto and we were sharing a room. Had trouble with Renfe website (don’t know why!) so went to Trainline and there was a 6:25 am train to Ourense. So wait in Santiago or Ourense for 2 hours (and not have 5 minute change). So opted for the latter.

On to Camino Salvador starting tomorrow. Camino Primitivo 12 day walk was superb!

Guy

When you arrive in Ourense (from whichever part of Spain) the fast train to Santiago is there waiting for you. Even if you get there a few minutes late the connecting train to Santiago will wait for you!

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back