• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

50-55 Days Itinerary From SJPDP to Muxia

Khan

Time of past OR future Camino
First time on 2016 summer.
Hey!
I am Khan, 29, from Turkey and I am planning to do the 'camino' for the first time starting from 14th of July 2016.
I am planning an easy walk covering the distance from SJPDP to Muxia. I tried to come up with an itinerary with my humble researchs but I am eager to hear your comments and suggestions about my plans and daily trips.
I don't know the conditions between the towns and villages but I want to cover around 20-25 km per day if possible and take the walk slowly and enjoy the experience to the top.
Thanks a lot in advance.

14 July Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port
15 July Roncesvalles
16 July Zubiri OR Larrasoaña
17 July Pamplona
18 July Puente la Reina
19 July Estella
20 July Los Arcos
21 July Viana
22 July Logroño
23 July Logroño (EXTRA NIGHT)
24 July Nájera
25 July Santo Domingo de la Calzada
26 July Belorado
27 July San Juan de Ortega
28 July Burgos
29 July Burgos (EXTRA NIGHT)
30 July Hontanas OR Hornillos del Camino
31 July Castrojeriz
1 August Boadilla del Camino OR Frómista
2 August Carrión de los Condes
3 August Calzadilla de la Cueza
4 August Sahagún
5 August El Burgo Ranero
6 August Mansilla de las Mulas
7 August León
8 August León (EXTRA NIGHT)
9 August Villadangos del Páramo OR Mazarife
10 August Hospital de Órbigo
11 August Astorga
12 August Rabanal del Camino
13 August Molinaseca OR El Acebo
14 August Ponferrada
15 August Ponferrada (EXTRA NIGHT)
16 August Villafranca del Bierzo
17 August Vega de Valcarce OR Las Herrerías de Valcarce
18 August O Cebreiro
19 August Triacastela
20 August Sarria
21 August Portomarín
22 August Palas de Rei
23 August Melide
24 August Arzúa
25 August O Pedrouzo OR Amenal
26 August Santiago de Compostela
27 August Santiago de Compostela (EXTRA NIGHT)
28 August Negreira
29 August Abeleiroas
30 August Cee
31 August Fisterra
1 September Lires
2 September Muxia
3 September BACK TO SANTIAGO

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It is great that you have the time to do this journey with leisure. You didn't give the daily distances in your plan, but you certainly will be under 20 km/day on average. Of course, all of those places are great places to visit! You might find that you want to do greater distances than you've planned, especially if you find yourself walking with a group of people you like. If you get to the end too early, then you could add a visit to Porto, or some extra days in Madrid.

Buen camino!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi Khan,

It is always good to start out with a plan, but be prepared to make changes as you go.

There will be days when you may wish to walk a little more or less, and places you might decide to stay over rather than walk through.

Start with an open heart and go with the flow....

Buen Camino,

Mike

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Sounds good. Take your time and enjoy your Camino. Seeing you have the time, do try and get down to Samos, it is worth the detour.

Hi Khan,
Using the same daily mileage plan and with rest days exactly as you have planned, I made it to Santiago in 42 leisurely days.
I liked to start each day at 8am and planned to finish walking by 2.30/3pm.
While I never walked on to Muxia or Finisterre it would appear you have allocated more than enough time.
Buen Camino.
Regards
Gerard

Looks like a good plan. Walking from St Jean to Santiago I stayed in most of the same places as your plan.

But I was walking slowly due to injury. Once you get used to the rhythm of walking you may find you want to walk longer distances...as you may reach your destination for the day in 3 or 4 hours.

And then wonder what to do for the rest of the day ;)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hey!
I am Khan, 29, from Turkey and I am planning to do the 'camino' for the first time starting from 14th of July 2016.
I am planning an easy walk covering the distance from SJPDP to Muxia. I tried to come up with an itinerary with my humble researchs but I am eager to hear your comments and suggestions about my plans and daily trips.
I don't know the conditions between the towns and villages but I want to cover around 20-25 km per day if possible and take the walk slowly and enjoy the experience to the top.
Thanks a lot in advance.

14 July Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port
15 July Roncesvalles
16 July Zubiri OR Larrasoaña
17 July Pamplona
18 July Puente la Reina
19 July Estella
20 July Los Arcos
21 July Viana
22 July Logroño
23 July Logroño (EXTRA NIGHT)
24 July Nájera
25 July Santo Domingo de la Calzada
26 July Belorado
27 July San Juan de Ortega
28 July Burgos
29 July Burgos (EXTRA NIGHT)
30 July Hontanas OR Hornillos del Camino
31 July Castrojeriz
1 August Boadilla del Camino OR Frómista
2 August Carrión de los Condes
3 August Calzadilla de la Cueza
4 August Sahagún
5 August El Burgo Ranero
6 August Mansilla de las Mulas
7 August León
8 August León (EXTRA NIGHT)
9 August Villadangos del Páramo OR Mazarife
10 August Hospital de Órbigo
11 August Astorga
12 August Rabanal del Camino
13 August Molinaseca OR El Acebo
14 August Ponferrada
15 August Ponferrada (EXTRA NIGHT)
16 August Villafranca del Bierzo
17 August Vega de Valcarce OR Las Herrerías de Valcarce
18 August O Cebreiro
19 August Triacastela
20 August Sarria
21 August Portomarín
22 August Palas de Rei
23 August Melide
24 August Arzúa
25 August O Pedrouzo OR Amenal
26 August Santiago de Compostela
27 August Santiago de Compostela (EXTRA NIGHT)
28 August Negreira
29 August Abeleiroas
30 August Cee
31 August Fisterra
1 September Lires
2 September Muxia
3 September BACK TO SANTIAGO
Hi Khan, welcome to this wonderful forum. You will have a great time that's for sure . You have to walk to the Monnestery in Samos, you will love it.
Wish you well, go with the flow and have a Buen Camino, Peter.

Great day to start! I too left on 14th July both times I walked the francés. :cool:

Enjoy and buen camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Nice to read about someone who has so much time.
I walked for about 53 days and just had the most incredible experience. I did not have an itinerary. I stayed where I was called to stay. I did commit to staying only in donativos, monestaries or other alburgues run by volunteers through their host country. I even spent a few nights sleeping outside. That was a real treat. I was not opposed to the private alburgues but it just was not the experience I was seeking. I walked with another pilgrim from Santiago to Muxia. What should have been a 2.5 day journey took 4 days. We stayed in unexpected gems like San Antonio and just really dawdled. We spent 2 nights in Muxia before walking to Finisterre.
Unless you are deeply attached to your itinerary, I suggest chucking it and letting Spirit be your guide. You will not regret it.
Buen Camino

Enjoy your planning, and most importantly, your Camino. Your beautiful country holds a special place in my heart. I am so sorry for all the troubles there, and elsewhere.

Hi, Khan,
Welcome to the forum. I think the vast majority of people on the Frances walk about those distances. One thing you should know is that you have essentially chosen all the "guidebook stages", so that is where the crowds will be. There are many ways to do the same distances but not stay in between the most crowded places. Lots of very special places on the Frances that get overlooked because everyone goes with the guidebooks. Buen camino, Laurie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We did something very similar last spring. Some points:

The first day - you plan a slow steady pace, like us, but you could well wreck yourself on the first day going over the Pyrenees. It would be the toughest day of your itinerary, right at the start. I strongly recommend breaking the journey overnight at Orisson. This means booking it well in advance.

In the spirit of taking it easy at the start, you might want to rest in Pamplona. It's an interesting city.

I don't really recommend Ponferrada for a rest. Apart from the Templar castle, which is great, it's not a beautiful place. At that time of year, you might want to chill out somewhere higher up, like Acebo.

Sarria onwards - although most of the accommodation is in the towns you list, the big towns get booked up first. I would recommend finding places in between. Also, if you start from those towns you will be walking in huge crowds each day.

The last bit. Consider going to Muxia first, then Lires and Finisterre. The stages may work out more evenly than doing Finisterre first.

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back