A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

6 Words

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Frances starting SJPdP Sept/Oct 2015, April/May 2017
I agree, me too. In addition, I think there are cultural differences as well as the inherent problems associated with written communication.

Wah, the original post has changed so I'm changing my response too in keeping with what I thought I was replying to. :p:p:p

Edit: Hola, hello, ann-yeong-haseyo, konnichiwa, bonjour, hallo.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Online interaction lack facial/vocal expression and sometimes Smileys are not enough - I go first:

I have Adult Attention Disorder. I am very good in rapidly reacting to threads, but a long-winded discussion taxes my ability to concentrate.

Buen Camino, SY
Ergo: no War and Peace posts for you.

Camino(s) past & future
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.
(Respond to original post, Before SYates altered it:Therefore I Think it is importent to be as goodwilling and nice as man can be when interpret the different post :rolleyes:. But, I have to admit that it isn´t allways the easiest thing to do :eek: ... and sometimes I just don´t get it :confused:.
And to you @SYates , thank you for this thread. :):):))

New edited respond to 6 Words-thread: Out with old, In with new.

Last edited:

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2012
England C2C 2015
Via Francigena 2016
Le Puy 2018
... I am very good in rapidly reacting to threads, but a long-winded discussion taxes my ability to concentrate.
SY, this is for you, then. There are six word writing contests, often "short stories" or memoirs. The most famous is Hemingway's "For Sale, baby shoes. Never Worn." So how about a six word Camino short story? No long-winded discussions!

"I ran away by walking slow."

Coleen Clark

Camino(s) past & future
Walked August 2015, planning on walking August 2017
SY, this is for you, then. There are six word writing contests, often "short stories" or memoirs. The most famous is Hemingway's "For Sale, baby shoes. Never Worn." So how about a six word Camino short story? No long-winded discussions!

Coffee to wake, vino to sleep.

jozero

Oh... That's what the shell is for...
Camino(s) past & future
CF January 2013
CF April 2016
CF January 2018
CP Coastal September 2018

I love this idea!

My submission: "I walked until it didn't hurt"

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Camino Portugues 2018

Now: http://egeria.house/

I adapted the thread and run with this idea ;-) Sometimes ADD is a blessing! Buen Camino, SY

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis
Camino Norte
May-July (2017)
Siljansleden (2018)
Mine 6 happen the be Spanish C words.

Cafe, Contaseña, (la)Cuenta, Cagar, Caminar, Corazón.

Nekodemus

Certified insane
Camino(s) past & future
Been there, done that. Keep coming back.
Most likely addicted.
Arriving in Santiago was a letdown

Always preparing for the next camino

Back home, waiting to go again

Been there, done that, want more

Arrived Santiago, done walking, feel empty

Been home too long. Camino upcoming

Walking is the goal, not Santiago

Camino: miss wife. Home: miss camino

-
De har lyttet til Frådende Vanvid

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis
Camino Norte
May-July (2017)
Siljansleden (2018)
@SusanPaulus Both your second and fourth word are missing an 'r', no problem in the case of the second, but quite a different meaning (which I doubt you have intended!) in the fourth ... Buen Camino, SY
Lol! Thanks...I did miss the r in the second word but I didn't miss it in the fourth. That's exactly what I meant

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015

@Purple Backpack, in your signature you almost have: Losing my mind; finding my soul.

Onto the trail I go
To lose my mind and find my soul.
~adapted from unknown author

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 101 15.7%
  • May

Votes: 164 25.5%