A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

6 Words

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Several alone and with children
When spotting a cafe in the distance and wondering whether to stop (again :D )...., this famous saying applies:

'It would be rude not to '

:D;)
Thank you...I will carry these words with me FOREVER!!!!I...and will need to adjust my budget in doing so...
I gathered the kiddos around and read this to them, I suspect we all will continue to say this forever...

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Several alone and with children
This thread has taken a very interesting, and fast, turn - feel free to add your own 'Camino Story in 6 words only' to it ...

Buen Camino, SY
My story has to do with me convincing a gal here in the States why I was so thrilled with my upcoming plans to be walking my first Camino.
She snarled at me in total disgust when I was smiling and saying how I couldn't wait!!!!!
I said,
"you walk, stop and eat tapas "
After just honestly looking at me like I had the plague and super crazy she questioned me as to why I'd EVER want to do such a thing by saying....

"you eat, stop and eat TOPLESS"?

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
CF + Fisterra ( Summer 2017)
As I was completing my first CF and on to Finisterre last summer, it occurred to me that life greatest treasures could be experienced and found on the Camino. To sum up with the words of an ancient philosopher:
Life Greatest Treasures: Simplicity, Patience, Compassion.

Simplicity - Daily Life could not be any simpler and everything you own is in your backpack.
Patience - You need to be patience and walk at your own pace. If you try to walk at someone else's faster pace, you may get injure and not get to your destination.
Compassion - Strangers, locals, and pilgrims alike were friendly, kind and won't hesitate to help others in distress.

Last edited:

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%