• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

6 Words

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
When spotting a cafe in the distance and wondering whether to stop (again :D )...., this famous saying applies:

'It would be rude not to '

:D;)
Thank you...I will carry these words with me FOREVER!!!!I...and will need to adjust my budget in doing so...
I gathered the kiddos around and read this to them, I suspect we all will continue to say this forever...

This thread has taken a very interesting, and fast, turn - feel free to add your own 'Camino Story in 6 words only' to it ...

Buen Camino, SY
My story has to do with me convincing a gal here in the States why I was so thrilled with my upcoming plans to be walking my first Camino.
She snarled at me in total disgust when I was smiling and saying how I couldn't wait!!!!!
I said,
"you walk, stop and eat tapas "
After just honestly looking at me like I had the plague and super crazy she questioned me as to why I'd EVER want to do such a thing by saying....

"you eat, stop and eat TOPLESS"?

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
As I was completing my first CF and on to Finisterre last summer, it occurred to me that life greatest treasures could be experienced and found on the Camino. To sum up with the words of an ancient philosopher:
Life Greatest Treasures: Simplicity, Patience, Compassion.

Simplicity - Daily Life could not be any simpler and everything you own is in your backpack.
Patience - You need to be patience and walk at your own pace. If you try to walk at someone else's faster pace, you may get injure and not get to your destination.
Compassion - Strangers, locals, and pilgrims alike were friendly, kind and won't hesitate to help others in distress.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Written on a bunk slat in the Municipal Albergue In the town where I stayed the night prior to walking into Santiago, can't remember the town but the Albergue was down some stairs and was on the left as you walked into town.

'Faith, silence, prayers, love = pilgrim'

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Live life more purposively with less 🤠

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Dreaming of many miles on foot.

€46,-
She said- "I found my tribe !"

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
SY, this is for you, then. There are six word writing contests, often "short stories" or memoirs. The most famous is Hemingway's "For Sale, baby shoes. Never Worn." So how about a six word Camino short story? No long-winded discussions!

"I ran away by walking slow."
Brilliant for these six words. Thanks

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Walk, and then walk some more.

A heart melting at Galician sunrise.

A heart aching at Galician sunset.

€46,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Poco a poco, you’ll get there.
And these very words were said to me on more than one occasion as I walked through some of the smaller villages.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back