• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

67 + 72 + 12 ≠ 160 miles

Adelina

Adelina
Time of past OR future Camino
'18 Astor-Stgo '19 St Jean-Carrion '22 Porto-Stgo
I'm 67, my husband is 72 and we did 160 miles in 12 days - from Porto to Santiago. A real joy to walk with my husband after walking 2 sections of the Frances on my own (which I also loved!).

Below is our itinerary:
SFO to Lisbon (2 days); train to Porto (3 days) and then the Camino began:
DAY !:
Bus from Porto to Matosinhos – short walk to Vila Cha – Casa Sandra (private room); dinner at Praia Mar – fish & salad picked from the garden - delicious!
DAY 2:
Vila Cha to Apúlia – Albergue Santiago da Costa (private room w/washing machine, shared kitchen)
DAY 3:
Apúlia to Anha – Casa de Carolina Albergue (bunk beds – communal rooms, shared bathroom) - very friendly albergue
DAY 4:
Anha to Vila Praia da Ancora – Quinta da Quinhas (private room, shared kitchen) – working farm above town, beautiful setting – sweet, scenic, and lively town – walked through on the way out of town from Quinta da Quinhas
DAY 5:
Vila Praia da Ancora to Oia – Calla Inn (private room, shared kitchen) – beautiful setting; very long walk – took ferry (6 Euro) from before Caminha to A Guarda then continued on the boardwalk along the coast
DAY 6:
Oia to Sabaris – Hotel Avenida (private room/Booking.com) – long walk, Sabaris away from busy Baiona – enjoyable stay Sabaris, a smaller, less touristy village
DAY 7:
Sabaris to Vigo – Hotel Exe (great deal in lovely hotel – inc breakfast)
DAY 8:
Vigo to Redondela – Pension Rua de Medio (private room) – very wet beginning - Redondela is a bustling town with many more Pilgrims coming in from other routes - we stayed because of the Puppet Festival!
DAY 9:
Redondela to Pontevedra – (studio/Booking.com) – very wet day – Dia de las Letras Gallegas - music and more in Pontevedra
DAY 10:
Pontevedra to Caldas de Rey – Pension Augas Quente (Booking.com) -lovely town
DAY 11:
Caldas de Rey to Padron – Hotel Chef Rivera (laundromat next door!); celebratory feeling with many pilgrims approaching the end
DAY 12:
Padron to Santiago de Compostela – Airbnb near the Casco Viejo – somber feeling as Santiago was approached. Enjoyed 3 days of exploring Pilgrim House, the town and even got the Butafumeiro on a scheduled day – 5/23/22

Another unbelievable journey - time for reflection, being in the moment, and planning day by day.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm 67, my husband is 72 and we did 160 miles in 12 days - from Porto to Santiago. A real joy to walk with my husband after walking 2 sections of the Frances on my own (which I also loved!).

Below is our itinerary:
DAY !:
Bus from Porto to Matosinhos – short walk to Vila Cha – Casa Sandra (private room); dinner at Praia Mar – fish & salad picked from the garden - delicious!
DAY 2:
Vila Cha to Apúlia – Albergue Santiago da Costa (private room w/washing machine, shared kitchen)
DAY 3:
Apúlia to Anha – Casa de Carolina Albergue (bunk beds – communal rooms, shared bathroom) - very friendly albergue
DAY 4:
Anha to Vila Praia da Ancora – Quinta da Quinhas (private room, shared kitchen) – working farm above town, beautiful setting – sweet, scenic, and lively town – walked through on the way out of town from Quinta da Quinhas
DAY 5:
Vila Praia da Ancora to Oia – Calla Inn (private room, shared kitchen) – beautiful setting; very long walk – took ferry (6 Euro) from before Caminha to A Guarda then continued on the boardwalk along the coast
DAY 6:
Oia to Sabaris – Hotel Avenida (private room/Booking.com) – long walk, Sabaris away from busy Baiona – enjoyable stay Sabaris, a smaller, less touristy village
DAY 7:
DAY 8:
Vigo to Redondela – Pension Rua de Medio (private room) – very wet beginning - Redondela is a bustling town with many more Pilgrims coming in from other routes - we stayed because of the Puppet Festival!
DAY 9:
Redondela to Pontevedra – (studio/Booking.com) – very wet day – Dia de las Letras Gallegas - music and more in Pontevedra
DAY 10:
DAY 11:
Caldas de Rey to Padron – Hotel Chef Rivera (laundromat next door!); celebratory feeling with many pilgrims approaching the end
DAY 12:
Padron to Santiago de Compostela – Airbnb near the Casco Viejo – somber feeling as Santiago was approached. Enjoyed 3 days of exploring Pilgrim House, the town and even got the Butafumeiro on a scheduled day – 5/23/22

Another unbelievable journey - time for reflection, being in the moment, and planning day by day.
Congratulations! And also many thanks I am sure for pilgrims following who will be very interested in your careful record of facts related to where you stayed.
So, your next one?!

Help! Miles? KM? Arithmetic. It doesn't add up. But then - why should it? It is a great achievement, whichever way you look at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Below is our itinerary:
DAY !:
DAY 2:
DAY 3:
DAY 4:
DAY 5:
DAY 6:
DAY 7:
DAY 8:
DAY 9:
DAY 10:
DAY 11:
DAY 12:

You did a great job 💪👍

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
This is a great list, very helpful for those of us considering the Portugues in the future. Can you update to include Km for each day? That would be even more useful!

Below is our itinerary:
DAY !:
DAY 2:
DAY 3:
DAY 4:
DAY 5:
DAY 6:
DAY 7:
DAY 8:
DAY 9:
DAY 10:
DAY 11:
DAY 12:

Below is our itinerary:
DAY !:
DAY 2:
DAY 3:
DAY 4:
DAY 5:
DAY 6:
DAY 7:
DAY 8:
DAY 9:
DAY 10:
DAY 11:
DAY 12:

Thank you so much for this detailed information. I hope to do part of that Camino this Fall after completing the Camino Mozarabe.

Below is our itinerary:
DAY !:
DAY 2:
DAY 3:
DAY 4:
DAY 5:
DAY 6:
DAY 7:
DAY 8:
DAY 9:
DAY 10:
DAY 11:
DAY 12:

Thank you for sharing. I’ll be there end of September.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! My partner and I are preparing to do around 7 days of the Camino Portuguese route, starting at the end of April. We're flying to Porto from Edinburgh, and looking at the best route to...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...
Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back