• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

6th September 2018

John el inglés

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés x3, inglés, portugués from Lisbon Hospitalario 2014 & 2015 in Miraz on Norte. V Plata 6/9/18
Good evening all, I will be leaving Sevilla on the 6th September 2018, I will start with a few friends who I have met on various other caminos although our different paces will probably divide us up naturally. We start off as
Me John from england
Aurora from mexico
Tonny, Albert and Joke from The Netherlands
& Fritz and Mary from the USA.
We know the weather is against us for the first few weeks but our timing is driven by the fate of us all being in Seville at this time. Any updates and news for us along the path will be very much appreciated. In return I will post as we go highlighting anything relevant.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Good evening all, I will be leaving Sevilla on the 6th September 2018, I will start with a few friends who I have met on various other caminos although our different paces will probably divide us up naturally. We start off as
Me John from england
Aurora from mexico
We know the weather is against us for the first few weeks but our timing is driven by the fate of us all being in Seville at this time. Any updates and news for us along the path will be very much appreciated. In return I will post as we go highlighting anything relevant.
All the best for a great Camino for each one of you!

All the best for a great Camino for each one of you!
Thank you for the lovely welcome to the forum Kirkie. As the start date approaches the magnitude of 1100km and the heat in the early stages is starting to loom over us, but we are very excited too

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Seven friends set off for a long walk.... Sounds like a book I once read...

All the best for your walk, I will be ahead of you so their will be no scrambling for beds despite the veritable invasion of the Vdlp this September.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Looking forward to your forward guard updates. When do you set off?

Looking forward to your forward guard updates. When do you set off?
We were due to fly out first of Sept, but coordinating with other family members (who are doing different routes to meet us in Santiago) means we will now leave a week later. While we now start after you we will be walking from Merida. Last time it took us a week to walk from Seville to Merida so you probably won't be that far behind us.

We were due to fly out first of Sept, but coordinating with other family members (who are doing different routes to meet us in Santiago) means we will now leave a week later. While we now start after you we will be walking from Merida. Last time it took us a week to walk from Seville to Merida so you probably won't be that far behind u forward to bumping into you

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
looking forward to hearing you snore away somewhere nearby ! If at any time you need help or support we will be just a day or two away. Buen Camino

Also setting off from Sevilla on 6th September with my friend Phil. We too are concerned about the heat for the first few weeks. No doubt see you all at various stages.

Thanks for making contact George, look forward to bumping into you and phil

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Me John from england
Aurora from mexico

Hey John - if all goes well I'll be a week behind you guys starting in Sevilla Sept 13. If you get a chance to post your experiences a few days into your Camino I would love to hear how you guys are doing especially with regards to the heat.

Buen Camino y muchisimas gracias!

John el americano

Hi Gringo John, good to hear from you. Of course I will message you with anything noteworthy. Temperature seems to be on our side, it’s dropped 10 degrees C in the last week, and for our first few days we may even stay below 30!

Great first day. Guillena is in fiestas ( would have been good to know when we were in Sevilla ) so the municipale Albergue is closed and the private one is full, but we found a hotel nearby. A rather strange shirtless German man at the private Albergue wasn’t very helpful, he seemed to be shouting at various pilgrims as they arrived. I estimate at least 20 walkers around today. All in all a good day, we left at 8am and arrived at 13:00 just as the heat started to build up

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Great first day. Guillena is in fiestas ( would have been good to know when we were in Sevilla ) so the municipale Albergue is closed and the private one is full, but we found a hotel nearby. A rather strange shirtless German man at the private Albergue wasn’t very helpful, he seemed to be shouting at various pilgrims as they arrived. I estimate at least 20 walkers around today. All in all a good day, we left at 8am and arrived at 13:00 just as the heat started to build up
Hi John! Thanks for the info! I'm glad to hear there are more people walking. My last long distance trek in Turkey I only met 4 others. While I don't want the crowded experience of the CF I don't want to be the only one! Thanks again and hope your hike is going well!

Most read last week in this forum

My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back