• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

7 day Camino recommendations other than Sarria?

spikey

Time of past OR future Camino
Ferrol to Santiago October 2022
So folks I’m taking Baldie Git on another leg of the Camino in Oct 22.
We’ve previously walked the Sarria leg so are looking for another 100k or so leg finishing in Santiago.

Any recommendations would be welcome.
Keen on walking another fairly busy route as need plenty of distractions to dilute the ramblings of BG.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Leisurely six or seven days from Ferrol to Santiago? The Camino Ingles is a compact Camino with lots of nice possibilities.Pontedeume and Betanzos especially are inviting towns to spend some time.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Head to the Camino Portugues, starting in Portugal, like Ponte de Lima and getting a taste of pastel de nata as pilgrim snacks before hitting Spain and tortilla as snacking food.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Leisurely six or seven days from Ferrol to Santiago? The Camino Ingles is a compact Camino with lots of nice possibilities.Pontedeume and Betanzos especially are inviting towns to spend some time.

I’m going to second Sabine’s suggestion of the Inglés from Ferrol. The two towns mentioned in her post were a couple of our favorites. Betanzos is particularly know for their very tasty omelettes/totillas. I would highly recommend dinner at Casa Miranda in the heart of the city for great food and atmosphere. We thoroughly enjoyed our seven days of hiking on the Inglés.

FE88543A-53B5-4457-9E27-5E66A2E9B14F.jpeg

We’ve previously walked the Sarria leg so are looking for another 100k or so leg finishing in Santiago.

Keen on walking another fairly busy route as need plenty of distractions to dilute the ramblings of BG.
Although possibly not crucial to end in Santiago although first stage from France may be too hilly for BG?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Second this! Ferrol is a great starting point, Pontedeume and Betanzos are both beautiful and pleasant towns, and I loved walking this Camino.

The Invierno is my favourite route, but if you're starting in Monforte de Lemos (which is magnificent), you're missing some of the most picturesque parts of this Camino, such as Las Medulas and the long stretch along the river Sil. On the other hand, you get to cross the river Miño and admire the vineyards and climb the Monte Faro, which is the geographical centre of Galicia!
But if you're looking for a popular route with a flow of pilgrims, be aware that the Invierno is quite the solitary Camino. When I walked it in winter of 2018/2019, I didn't meet a single pilgrim until well into Santiago de Compostela itself, whereas when I walked the Inglés this January, I regularly bumped into two other pilgrims.

We very much enjoyed Lugo on our Primitivo Sept 2016

CAMINO PRIMITIVO FROM LUGO TO SANTIAGO LAST 100KM​

“The Camino Primitivo from Lugo to Santiago Last 100km, the last stretch of the Original Way or Camino Primitivo from Lugo, is much easier than the first half, from Oviedo.

This part of the Camino trail takes 6 nights to complete, walking just over 97km. This stage starts in the fantastic city of Lugo, home to the best-preserved Roman wall in Europe (Read more about Lugo and the Romans), stretching over 2kms wrapped around the old town.

Apart from its famous wall, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Lugo is also known for its good food. Many bars in town will serve free ‘pinchos’ when you order a drink.

The Camino Primitivo from Lugo to Santiago Last 100km, continues towards Santiago de Compostela across peaceful forests and farmland, following old Roman paved roads and over pretty medieval bridges. For any history buffs, this is the perfect Camino route as it is not only filled with historical points of interest, it is also one of the oldest Camino routes (if not the oldest).

This section joins the final stretch of the Camino Frances, the most popular Camino route, in the lively town of Melide where you should try Galicia’s most classic dish: octopus. If you are traveling in October, make sure you catch the traditional San Froilán festival in Lugo.

The Camino Primitivo from Lugo to Santiago is perfect for pilgrims looking for a quieter, more rural experience on the Camino. There will be long interrupted stretches of this Camino with just yourself and your thoughts! If this sounds like the ideal Camino journey to you then the Camino Primitivo is for you.”
Be sure to stop in Melide at Pulperia Ezequiel for octopus, meat, fish and regional wines.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Tui to Santiago de Compostela. Fantastic.

The Camino Sanabres from Ourense to Santiago which is one of the options for the final section of the Via de la Plata.
Lovely walk through beautiful scenery & plenty of facilities but not a busy route.
Did in 2018 and would highly recommend.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks for all the good advice folks.
We‘ve decided on the Camino Ingles this time.
Leaving Ferrol on 6th Oct 22

Excellent!

Take into consideration though that the 12th of October is Dia de la Hispanidad so shops will be closed. Accomodation might be booked by local holidaymakers.

This year it is on a Wednesday so many people might take a ' puente " ..a long bridge to cover the weekend and have some longer time off.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been incredibly inspired by so many stories of loss, pain, diagnosis, or other stories that tug at my heart strings, but one pilgrim, since lost in the threads here, was an 83 year old man...
I started my training walks last fall in preparation for the camino frances this year. This included walking in the mall in bad winter weather (ugh!). My husband was undecided about joining me...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back