• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

71 year old man dies at albergue in Tricastela

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Since we all will be departing this mortal coil, my choice would be to have it occur while doing something I wanted do do, and enjoyed doing, and held a special meaning for me. Ultreia, Pilgrim.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Sad news, but in the so-true magic words of Kenny Rogers, "the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep". And although it probably caused upset for others in the albergue, for him, what better place. RIP

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Such sad news, an American pilgrim walking from Leon to Santiago passed away, apparently in his sleep. I have linked to the article below.

http://www.radiocaminodesantiago.com/muere-un-peregrino-de-71-anos-en-un-albergue-de-triacastela/
This happened in a Hostal where I was staying in 2015, and at another nearby a couple of years earlier. My thoughts then - and now - turn of course to his family, but also to the camino family with whom I hope he had a laughter-filled pilgrim dinner the night before. I do think how hard it must be for those folk to walk on. May they wallk with his spirit, and the joy of the journey they shared with him, however briefly.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Rest in peace pilgrim. Sending prayers for his family.

Prayers for his family and condolences for their loss, always remember he was doing what he wanted to do and he will always be a pilgrim.
May you all receive the blessing of strength to cope with your loss.

€149,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Falling out of your broken body and up into the arms of Angels in your sleep? On Camino?
Yes please.
The Camino provides, in all situations. May he be surrounded by welcoming love and may his family, in their grief, be at ease and comforted - All is Well, He is Well.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes an Angel in Heaven now.
My thoughts are with his family now I hope they get some Peace from knowing he flew peacefully and happy.
This happened to us as a family our Brother died in Triacastella very much younger in 2013.
I posted on this site and got many beautiful messages from those who met our Brother.
Rest In Peace

What a great way to die! In your sleep on a pilgrimage. No suffering. But sad for his family...

€149,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Sad for all those he left behind but not a bad way to go far better than those who suffer from dementia or problems affecting mental or physical independence
True, I would rather go quickly, pursuing something I loved, than die by bits and pieces.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
How very sad. Reminds me of The Way with Martin Sheen. May his family find the peace that I am sure he has found.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Such a beautiful way to move on, sleeping after a good day doing what one loved. I feel sad for the family, but maybe they are happier that he died on the Camino than in a traffic accident. His friends tribute speaks to a decent man. May we all be friends to our friends like that, and remembered that way.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back