Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

8 Days on the Camino Ingles?

Past OR future Camino
September 5 2014
I am meeting a friend in Madrid then we are planning to walk for 8 days. She has never walked before on camino. We want to end in SdC. Any ideas what is a reasonable expectation for a place to start? We are walking from August 28, I arrive in Madrid on the 27th, and she needs to be back in Madrid on the 5th? A very tight schedule!

cheers

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

dougfitz

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Spain: Mar 2010, Apr 2014, May/Jun 2016. Norway/Sweden: 2012, 2018. Other: 2011, 2019. CP (tbc)
In 2014, I stayed at the albergue at Covas, and walked around the headland to Ferrol as my first day. I then walked the rest of the Ingles route in five days. The walk from Covas was about 28km - a big first day but worth the effort.

Dennis M

Past OR future Camino
May 2015 - Camino Ingles; Future Caminho Portuguése, Camino de Fisterra
hi @David Egglestone I did camino inlges in 2015 starting at Ferrol to earn a certificate. CI is a good route with a bit of challenge itself. I did a 7 day walk taking shorter distance since it was my first time. 8 days more than enough.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
We walked the Inglés over 9 days (from Ferrol itself) so it is possible to break it into as many sections as you want. If you have @JohnnieWalker's guide you can work out stages using both albergues and private accommodation - that is by combining the two '5 day' options given. You can check out our posts/blog on the Inglés for our stages (see link under this post) and Johnnie is just preparing a new updated guide too.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads